Sign in to follow this  
snooze

This is my rig and i get 25 - 33 FPS.

Hi i have had some serious problem. with squad ever since i bought it. i got alot of stutter going on and my overall FPS is really low.  and i have the Graphic settings on low. With 1920x1080p Resuloution when i switch to a lower Res the FPS drops even lower for some reason.  If anyone have tips or tricks pls let me know 

CPU :  Intel I5 760 @ 2.80 Ghz Lynnfield 4 Cores, MMX, X86-64, SSE4.2 But its overclocked to 3,33 Ghz

MOTHERBOARD : MSI : H55M-E33(MS-7636

GPU : AMD Radeon R9 380  4 GB
RAM : 8 GB 

56 minutes ago, muffin said:

upgrade your 6 years old cpu

Do you have any good Cpu that you can recomend for this Game ?   price class  100-200 euro 

1 hour ago, CC-Marley said:

Start here

Have Already tried that one. the fps boost i get is around 5 fps 

get a used i5 4670k or higher mate, not sure of motherboard compatibility but also overclock it and your good to go.

Yeah. I think your CPU is tired already. Get new for your socket or use tweaks for better performance.

Consider waiting until after optimization passes before you purchase new hardware. 

I run an i7 940 with SSC gtx 970. I would average about 40 fps before v7. Optimization may help out. I'm down to about 30 now.

make sure you buy "K" CPU since those are unlocked for overclocking

I am running i5 4690k @4.3ghz with 30 euro heatsink cooler

CPU costs about 250 eur in Europe

GTX970 and 8 gig ram

FPS 40-75 depends on the map

The LGA 1156 socket has been dead since 2012. It's time to jump up to LGA 1151 and a nice Skylake processor like a 6600K. 

Intel's Kaby Lake line and AMD's Zen line are also just around the corner if you can wait a few months before upgrading.

Any upgrade you make atm won't be worth it as nobody gets good fps in Squad. Wait for optimisation and see what your options are then. Atm you'd end up spending $500 for <20fps improvement.

On 30.9.2016 at 2:10 PM, banOkay said:

Any upgrade you make atm won't be worth it as nobody gets good fps in Squad. Wait for optimisation and see what your options are then. Atm you'd end up spending $500 for <20fps improvement.

Second this main rig 5820k @ 4,5 Ghz with 1080 FTW still crappy FPS just wait and look if thy will be able to fix this or not.

On 30.9.2016 at 1:53 PM, DesmoLocke said:

The LGA 1156 socket has been dead since 2012. It's time to jump up to LGA 1151 and a nice Skylake processor like a 6600K. 

Intel's Kaby Lake line and AMD's Zen line are also just around the corner if you can wait a few months before upgrading.

Also a good point with your current rig a little old but still ok you are in good positin to wait until both release thier new generation and maybe profit form the Intel vs. AMD relase for the most bang for the bug

Whilst I get the jump to skylake is a good one (if you want to pay the money), theres nothing wrong with my i7 4790K at 4.8Ghz across 4 cores for a long time.

That's if your happy using second hand gear (i.e it's good value right now), just get an i5 or i7 K version from that range and your good to go IMO.

I get 55-71fps (top end limited by MSI) in 2K with a GTX 1070 and that CPU right now.

I'm also smashing almost all current VR experiences etc.