Planetgong

The long awaited "monthly recap hype thread"

Romby   

It is around that time again! What are guys hoping to see in the Recap? Im hoping to see more animations and mortar system. What i am really really hoping for is that recap is patchnotes for V9 like October recap was for V8 :D (but dont really belive that will happen)

Btw devs. Party really hard on New Years to celebrate how far you have come (and please post recap before going to bed in the morning of Jan 1st :D)

Edited by Romby

cribbaaa   

It's been a while since we've seen a glimpse of the new squad/role/map part of the UI, hoping to see some of that.

As far as UI is concerned I'm hoping they create something similar to @sovietdoge 's concept if not adopt his.

If I'm not mistaken I believe they said there will not be a true recap of December because of 8.9 dropping mid-december and holiday season afterwards.

Romby   
7 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

As far as UI is concerned I'm hoping they create something similar to @sovietdoge 's concept if not adopt his.

If I'm not mistaken I believe they said there will not be a true recap of December because of 8.9 dropping mid-december and holiday season afterwards.

Please dont be true. After patch annoncements, recaps are the best news on the internet :D

24 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

L0cation   
41 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

When did they said that ?!!! these monthly recaps are my only reason to live !! don't say things like that you scare me 

9 minutes ago, Arcapse said:

This was posted on the Squad Community Discord today.

Ftp3Abx.jpg#

@Nordic is part of the QA team.

I dont get it. What is he saying? 
Edit* Went on the discord and found nordic saying no recap this month.

Edited by Broder babylon

L0cation   
21 minutes ago, Broder babylon said:

I dont get it. What is he saying? 
Edit* Went on the discord and found nordic saying no recap this month.

Can you take a screenshot ? 

1 hour ago, Frontliner said:

And if that's really the case ... what the hell ?? patch 8.9 have nothing to do with the recaps ....

Romby   
19 minutes ago, L0cation said:

Can you take a screenshot ? 

And if that's really the case ... what the hell ?? patch 8.9 have nothing to do with the recaps ....

Im guessing it is because their work in december was  was 8.9 and shortly after they took the holidays off. So you might say that december recap was the patch notes for 8.9.

Or perhaps we will get a new patch shortly and the notes for that is the "recap" (you can hope :D:D:D)

23 minutes ago, L0cation said:

That may be, but the December recap was quite extensive(showing vaulting and new aiming mechanics among various other goodies) in itself. You can bet they've spent most of the time from the 1st of December(or whenever the recap came up) until the 14th to work and finalize all of the content for 8.9 as everybody's main priority.

That's why it's reasonable to assume that, given it has been only two weeks from the 14th until now with holiday season in between, there has been little progress made. As such it doesn't make much sense to have another recap until next month when virtually no new content has been made.

Also, the devs are human too. Give them time to rest and to spend with their families and whatnot, it's Christmas time after all.

i'd love some footage of mortars working! basically working up to a new update with some heavier weapons - AT mines, Mortars, mby some more LAT'ish weapons or other emplacements or weaponssystems for vehicles. the Marc 19 for the humvee or anything like that.

Sahara   

IIRC Taxi said no recap, I could be wrong. But yeah, devs are on holiday atm, so afaik not much work got done respectively for that reason. 

22 minutes ago, Mike_sqhq said:

905659a967686b848fe40231844726b0.jpg  anyone hearing jets taking off in squad :))

I'm doing it...I'm doing it...I'm jumping outside the bowl!

How-to-Think-Outside-the-Box.jpg