KoffeinFlummi

Bundeswehr Mod

60 posts in this topic

Keep the work up! Can't wait to try the German Faction.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, grimshadow said:

Any new pics you guys could show us?

900x900px-LL-992d90b0_3411967tml.jpeg

got the itch? lmao

good work guys, cant wait to see the Germans ingame

Edited by HeroiKRED

Spoiler

BWAHAHA Yap! Shit its been like over half a year since we heard from our beer drinking, spitting German brothers :P

Nice work, but the BW-Mod is trying to replicate the Bundeswehr how it will be in 2020 (as far as I know). Me for myself would prefer the Bundeswehr like it is today with the Gefechtshelm M92, the G36A1, the MG3 and not the Stuff from 2020. All the other factions already in the game arent equipped like how they will be in 2020 or further, so why should'nt this one be like that. But as I already said, nice work.

7 hours ago, Fritz Berger said:

... (as far as I know). ...

Key parts emphasised by humble me.

11 hours ago, jagheterjan said:

Key parts emphasised by humble me.

???

On 13.11.2016 at 10:29 AM, jagheterjan said:

The 2020 setting was a concession to ArmA 3's future scenario from three or so years ago when we (re)started the mod. These days it's more about what the team members are personally interested in and what fits with the general scheme. Just be patient though, there might be stuff coming that suits your fancy ;)

Because some folks seemingly can't be arsed to read the whole thread before they jump to conclusions.

To elaborate on this: The M92 kevlar helmet has been a part of the ArmA 3 BWmod for a number of releases now, the MG3 was just unveiled as part of the next update today and as far as the G36A1 is concerned... well, at some point, the G36 in our mod will have to be updated to work with Squad. So there you have it.

We can support you if you elect to do your own Bundeswehr-themed mod or even release your work as part of the mod if you wish so. But please understand that we have our own agenda of what to work on and when to do it. And please understand that we don't have the time and manpower to do all the things that people wish to see in the Bundeswehr mod. And finally, please refrain from distributing your opinion as fact when it is clearly misinformed and wrong.

Edited by jagheterjan

Squad, meet the MG 3.

D9RxsCW.png
PxcwgN5.png
pMmzZPd.png

The Bundeswehr Mod people actually took a break from belittleing random people on the internet and whipped together a little something for you.
It'll come in two variants: First and foremost, the iconic, bog standard variant some of you might have had to spend some time with somewhere at some point during your time with the armed forces, with all the crappy ergonomics and sharp edges on the feed tray cover and whateverticklesyourfancy.
And then there's the variant with picatinny rails. Yes, you got that right, we took a perfectly fine machine gun and slapped rails on it! Why? Because we can and because the real Bundeswehr did as well (For a limited number of MG 3 in any case. They called it Ergänzungssatz Optik/Optronik if you'd like to look it up. That's not the KWS variant you'll find pictures of on Google and stuff and No, we won't be doing that. Ever. Because Bundeswehr doesn't use that and it's ugly beyond comprehension). You'll have the option to attach the sighting device of your choice to a rail sitting right ontop the belt feed tray and because that's not enough of an abomination we took another rail and slapped it to the side for you to mount a laser module, or a torch, or your iPhone to it. Horrible innit? Anyways, expect this to be part of the download when Bundeswehr Mod for Squad finally drops at an undisclosed date in the future. Honest, we too have no idea when that'll be.

Coming soonish® to your favourite shooter game. That'd be either ArmA or Squad. Up to you.

TL;DR: BWmod did a thing. It'll come to Squad at some point.

Edited by jagheterjan
Typo office closed early today, had to fix things myself. Typical!