KoffeinFlummi

Bundeswehr Mod

BWMOD TEAM ARE WORKING IN SQUAD?!?!??!?!? :D:D

AWWW YIS!

That looks amazing and I was a huge fan of the mod over in Arma. I'd long hoped that some Arma mod developers might look at doing stuff for SQUAD. This is pretty much a dream come true. Very keen to see how this progresses and it looks great so far!

Edited by r3volution

Since the model of the P8 we currently have in the mod was kind of crappy (it was one of my first models), I took the last week to completely redo it:

971b1c301b.jpg

9fc664485f.jpg

This is awesome, lovely 3D work and anims, I especially like the 416, would love to have a go at designing some audio for this stuff :)

Edited by TheSCRUB

Looking good, keep it up! :D

Would definitely benefit from being brought up to date in terms of art standards, with some juicy normal bakes and more defined materials.

I like this. Especially the Eagle since its one of the vehicles I am familiar with from my time in the Bundeswehr. After A8 is out I will post some tips for setting up vehicles. Sorry that I didn't find time to do this so far.

I'd love to have proper baked normals as well, but that would mean redoing most UV maps and yet-to-be-done high poly bake sources for most of our assets. With the limited man power and resources we as a team have, sadly I don't see that happening anytime soon. At the very least the stuff that I'm currently working on will have a high poly to bake from and UE-specific shading. Check my Imgur if you're interested in WIP clay renders and stuff.

Looks good! What's with the 2020 setting, though? G38, IdZ vest? Would be much better if it was set in the present day and the past few years, when Germany say a lot of action in Afghanistan.

The 2020 setting was a concession to ArmA 3's future scenario from three or so years ago when we (re)started the mod. These days it's more about what the team members are personally interested in and what fits with the general scheme. Just be patient though, there might be stuff coming that suits your fancy ;)

So sick, hoping to see Bundeswehr implented into the game.

Posted (edited)

Amazing stuff so far! The German military was my favourite in PR.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

Canadian awesome too, that Leo2A6 is just so awesome to drive!

@DanielNL: Most of the assets you might know from the ArmA 3 Bundeswehr mod are potential candidates for porting into Squad. So, currently that would be - amongst other things - the Eagle IV 4x4 command and liaison vehicle, the Leopard 2A6M main battle tank, the SPz Puma armoured infantry fighting vehicle and the UHT Tiger helicopter in a number of variants in the vehicle asset category, and the G36, G38, G27P and G28 rifles in various guises, the MG4 and MG5 machine guns, the MP7 submachine gun, the P8 pistol, the G82A1 anti-material rifle, the PzF 3 and RGW90 anti-tank weapons and various hand grenades in the weapons asset category. More assets are being worked on as I write this but can't be announced just yet. We have yet to decide wether to do character models of our own. The ones we use in ArmA are retextured vanilla ArmA 3 character models and as such can't legally be brought over to Squad.

Posted (edited)

Doesn't Germany use the Leopard 2A7 nowadays? Afaik it can even drive underwater for a time?

Edited by Guan_Yu007

Posted (edited)

Bundeswehr does operate some 2A5, a heap of 2A6, 2A6M and 2A6M+ plus a handful of 2A7. There are plans to buy about 100 more Leopard 2 and upgrade them to 2A7V standard together with some of the currently operated ones. All of them can be fitted with a snorkel to add limited fording abilities, but none of them can stay submerged for long or even fight from underwater.

Edited by jagheterjan

Would still be a very neat feature if you could cross rivers with them without the need of a bridge. 

I'll let our coders know, maybe one of them will look into it once we get around to bring our Leo into Squad. Don't hold your breath for it tho (tm) ;)