Nebuler

How Bad is the AMD "Problem"?

Apologies if this is in the incorrect section.

Specs: Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 ASUS STRIX

RAM 16 GB (Corsair)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

I know that AMD performance is far worse, and that v8.0 should bring some great performance changes around November. I'm looking to buy the game, but I thought I would ask you that in the current state of the game, how bad actually is the FPS? Is it enough to make aiming a difficulty? Does it impact on how fun the game plays? Is it even that noticeable? I'm wondering this because I was watching some videos of guys with roughly the same specs as me playing around 4-5 months ago and I couldn't even tell the game was lagging. (See here for that video)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Nebuler

8 minutes ago, Nebuler said:

Apologies if this is in the incorrect section.

Specs: Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 ASUS STRIX

RAM 16 GB (Corsair)

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

I know that AMD performance is far worse, and that v8.0 should bring some great performance changes around November. I'm looking to buy the game, but I thought I would ask you that in the current state of the game, how bad actually is the FPS? Is it enough to make aiming a difficulty? Does it impact on how fun the game plays? Is it even that noticeable? I'm wondering this because I was watching some videos of guys with roughly the same specs as me playing around 4-5 months ago and I couldn't even tell the game was lagging. (See here for that video)

Thanks in advance.

depends on the person's definition of bad is,
if you visit the steam forums anything under 60 FPS is unplayable.

with your set up I'd think you'd get around 30-35 fps.

3 minutes ago, SuicidalChair said:

depends on the person's definition of bad is,
if you visit the steam forums anything under 60 FPS is unplayable.

with your set up I'd think you'd get around 30-35 fps.

Blimey, that's better than I thought! Easily playable for me, thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, Nebuler said:

Blimey, that's better than I thought! Easily playable for me, thanks for the reply.

A large part of the people complaining are doing so because they get 30-50 FPS on PC's that "should" be able to get 80-100 FPS, because thats what they get in other games. Personally i get 30-45 FPS on a not so new system, and to me thats totally playable (although i would prefer if i could stay above 35 at all times).

You should buy it on steam and try it for an hour to see if your FPS is acceptable to you, if it isnt you can just get a refund. (make sure you test it on a full server though, there is a big difference in FPS  from an empty to a full server)

You can also wait for the V8 patch, but that might not be out for another month or two.

I have the same setup except a 980 and I am 15-25 in 72 man servers. The fixes will come but I still.heavily enjoy the game. I usually sl or medic 

Had a FX 9370 with a Sapphire HD 7970 OC Edition and was getting 8-27 FPS on a full server, switched to an I5 6600k with the same GPU and now getting 45-65 FPS on same servers so things are quite bad with AMD.  Don't know how much the optimization is going to help but at least it may put the bottom end of frames up some.  Lawd knows the dips down to 8 was just not cutting it, had to stick with servers that were no greater than 56 players in order to enjoy playable frames back then.

2 minutes ago, Exinferis said:

FX 9590 and R9 390x. I get 20 FPS. It's unplayable for me.

Did you read the last recap? Hopefully you will get a much better performance on alpha 8, its all about optimizing the game.

2 hours ago, koschilein said:

Did you read the last recap? Hopefully you will get a much better performance on <insert game version here>, its all about optimizing the game.

lol heard that one a few times before... It's like the boy that cries wolf...

11 minutes ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

lol heard that one a few times before... It's like the boy that cries wolf...

I dunno man, I've seen lots of people saying they've gotten a performance improvement on AMD at one point or another in these game updates and hotfixes.

Also, the point of quoting someone is to quote what they actually said. Not to edit it and make very misinformed jokes from the edit.. lol.