With V8 Coming Soon... Expectations for V9

192 posts in this topic

I have 3 humble wishes: 

1. Freelook. 

2. Freelook.

3. Freelook. 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Peerun said:

You're welcome to try to do it yourself.

4 hours ago, LMR Sahara said:

Yeah, try having 3D scopes with a game engine still in development on 4x4km maps with 80 player servers. The SDK is free, you're welcome to try it yourself. 

6 hours ago, BlackDog1247 said:

+1 lol

No thanks, I haven't been paid over 12 million USD to work on the game :)

Edited by Zhigunov

2 hours ago, Zhigunov said:

No thanks, I haven't been paid over 12 million USD to work on the game :)

Where did that number come from?

12 hours ago, Zhigunov said:

So their inability to optimize 3D scopes is the reason we don't get them? Gotcha.

In a game that's alpha, that has only had one major optimization pass so far, with the goal of reaching 100(50v50) servers + a bunch more assets, on top of unlimited draw distrance. PiP/3D optics won't be a thing until everything else is ironed out and refined and the performance is there to handle 3D/PiP optics.

3D/PiP optics require a second render on screen, within the scope. That's performance heavy, especially within an alpha game that's targeting large scale combined arms conflict on 4x4km maps, with a lot of things going on.

We may or may not get them near full release, all comes down to how the game performs with every high priority feature and mechanic in place.

19 hours ago, kiba3x said:

I have 3 humble wishes: 

1. Freelook. 

2. Freelook.

3. Freelook. 

273fe8631cf4f18e104ba9d066caa11bac641ced

17 hours ago, Dubs said:

In a game that's alpha, that has only had one major optimization pass so far, with the goal of reaching 100(50v50) servers + a bunch more assets, on top of unlimited draw distrance. PiP/3D optics won't be a thing until everything else is ironed out and refined and the performance is there to handle 3D/PiP optics.

3D/PiP optics require a second render on screen, within the scope. That's performance heavy, especially within an alpha game that's targeting large scale combined arms conflict on 4x4km maps, with a lot of things going on.

We may or may not get them near full release, all comes down to how the game performs with every high priority feature and mechanic in place.

I was wondering, isn't it possible to make "3d" scopes without using PiP. By making the FOV uneven, with less FOV in the middle, where the lense of the scope would be? Kindof like a reverse fisheye effect tied to the scope or something, so that there isn't a need to render the image twice, but it's altered instead.

2 hours ago, XRobinson said:

latest?cb=20121219212536

I mean shit, if you can change the field of view on a virtual camera, why shouldn't you be able to make the virtual lense look like this
pRP1iWG.png
Though, obviously you lack any kind of creative problem solving skills - and though I may be completely out of my depth here, it does seem theoretically feasible.

Snipers would be great but I dont think it would be nice on present state alpha. Maybee later.

1. Faster way to switch between medic pack and bandages instead of holding down key 5.
  2. A fix for the awful aliasing issue when using optics or iron sights.
  3. Free look.
  4. Binoculars for each player.
  5. Personal stats page.
  6. Transport helicopter (UH-60 or MH-6).
Edited by Shieldss

23 minutes ago, Shieldss said:
  1. Faster way to switch between medic pack and bandages instead of holding down key 5.
  2. A fix for the awful aliasing issue when using optics or iron sights.
  3. Free look.
  4. Binoculars for each player.
  5. Personal stats page.
  6. Transport helicopter (UH-60 or MH-6).

You understand that's what you expect of v9. not a wish-list is being asked for? :)

Edited by Pyle_DK

1 hour ago, Shieldss said:
  • Binoculars for each player.

I disagree here. This will provide way too much information to squads and will make flanking a very difficult thing to pull off. It'll also make the Scout class redundant.

Thousands of gallons of gasoline....As much as you want...See?  They got their own refinery!  Ka chunk Ka chunk.... :-)

I'd like to see gasoline as a asset to be delivered and have tanker trucks, and tickets losses for losing gas or penalty like you can't use vehicles because your gas reserves got blown up and destroyed by enemy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh and find old items of military gear on ground at battle sites to pick up and use and trade.  :-)

Um.. I'd like to be able to reliably see more than 50m before it just looks like a mess of pixels. Granted, I play at 1600x900 but I'm not the only person with this issue.

The new animation system looks promising, have yet to see the new inventory system. The Insurgents desperately need more options against conventional forces. The Militia desperately need a counter to the CROW, Russians have the BTR. Militia has shit camo that's easily seen from a distance and especially on Logar or other maps the entire team just gets mowed down by the CROW and nobody stands a chance.

I've heard that the CROW is bugged, that it aims past where foliage renders and that's why it's OP right now, but I don't have a strong enough computer to test that. But right now it has the best optic in the game, paired with a .50 cal.

Edited by Arduras

3 hours ago, Arcapse said:

I disagree here. This will provide way too much information to squads and will make flanking a very difficult thing to pull off. It'll also make the Scout class redundant.

As the maps get bigger, it will be important. It doesn't make sense to walk into ambushes due to inability to conduct forward recon without walking up somewhere.