Socrates

With V8 Coming Soon... Expectations for V9

192 posts in this topic

More things and stuff, along with changes to current things and stuff

I expect fixes for the bugs introduced through the optimization, as there are generally some unintended consequences to heavy optimization.

I'll be disappointed if the current no suppression effects will remain the same and also so minimal sway when standing up and if it's not done so that the more stamina is used the more it inflicts your sway. As I hear from people in all kinds of places whether it's steam/youtube/in-game, then there's obviously something wrong. I wish the devs would focus on making the gunplay more balanced and not so much about the way how unnatural the use of optics which is way too robotic right now because there isn't even a tiniest flinch from the bullets which would greatly improve and balance out the overall gunplay and not make the standard riflemen completely pointless to even use them as they are useless dead meat.

The MG gunners should completely overpower your state of ability of returning accurate fire but it's not the case right now and it would ultimately make the overall gunplay and firefigts feel more realistic and last longer than insta-picking out enemies using the scope.

Edited by Friesen

1 hour ago, Friesen said:

I'll be disappointed if the current no suppression effects will remain the same and also so minimal sway when standing up

I definitely agree with you on this one. I have been forced back into playing PR due to v7's performance issues, and the suppression effects are so much better because when I was being shot at it was extremely hard to return accurate fire. 

I'm hoping for an animation update, lowering of weapon after a period of time say 20 seconds. Idle animations slight movement shuffling of feet, flexing of arms itching face or wiping of brow, that sort of thing, nothing over the top. Also would be good to see freelook implemented, that's all.

I think there is no V9 after V8 it goes into beta

Unless you have a dev quote to back this up please don't spread misinformation

I wish they would take out the give up button. If a medic is nearby it's grayed out... Or something similar to weed out all these Battlefield 4/1 morons and anyone else who is not playing the game how the developers meant it to be played. Like yesterday we had this squeaker retard clogging up comms screaming in local doing all these nonsensical shit we kicked him from the squad and he came back and TKd us because OUR SQUAD LEAD kicked him, then he disconnected from the server. 

This is the type of ****ing bullshit that is really killing the experience not just for me but for a lot of people, EVERYDAY I am seeing a huge influx of ****ing retards playing the game, people who don't contribute to the overall cohesion. It's getting to be absolutely ridiculous, It's been months since I have been able to have a decent game were I don't feel cheated because of the hit registered I am a ****ing crack shot and very effective in close quarters and ranges up to 500 deadeye without the use of optics with optics I make one incredible marksman. But it makes no sense that every single ****ing match my performance and knowledge of the game are rendered moot because of improperly maintained mechanics (Want to clarify, not pissed off at the Devs, I have total faith in the dev team, but if people really understood how these things are they would be much more patient and actually let you guys work) like having to jump on a ****ing half a foot ****ing little elevated stairs or the fact that 7.62 for the most part shoot grapes at people, I don't know how many times I have shot people in the head and them not flinching not taking any damage but one can confirm its a hit due to blood splatter mist or splatter, You know it's really ruining the experience for me, there's way too many things, way too many things, but honestly whats killing the game is the community, people wanting quantity instead of quality in their servers... Really pissed off because I am not able to play a decent game, at all. 3 months ago ... None of this stuff was all that prevalent, or noticeable. 

I also blame your average entitled spoiled gamer, who does not understand development processes, those that cried we want v7 we want v7, this that the other whining because they want new stuff, instead of being a patient little retard and letting the developers do their work as they should and at the pace they should. releasing things AS SOON AS THEY ARE READY, if people weren't impatient, v7 would have been a much better patch than it is and I blame the community for that. 

Aside from that: Keep the good work up, it's not your fault most of your community can't appreciate shit or ****ing know the difference between a kiss and a wet fart.  

I BLAME THEM

Edited by fantomactual

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

Unless you have a dev quote to back this up please don't spread misinformation emoji4.png

I dont know but according to this, thats what it seems like. either way the state of the game currently is just way too far from a beta imo.

http://i.imgur.com/mnxywsf.jpg

7 minutes ago, Kalbouneh said:

I dont know but according to this, thats what it seems like. either way the state of the game currently is just way too far from a beta imo.

http://i.imgur.com/mnxywsf.jpg

They are only optimizing now to make the game playable for most. The game isn't even close to feature compete yet meaning beta is still a while.off. 

7 minutes ago, grimshadow said:

They are only optimizing now to make the game playable for most. The game isn't even close to feature compete yet meaning beta is still a while.off. 

IIRC I think Beta will be around V10, I could be wrong though. 

Let's worry more about what's on right now, instead of creating false expectations. 

[email protected] talk

5 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Unless you have a dev quote to back this up please don't spread misinformation emoji4.png

Kalbouneh could be referring to information provided by one of the main developers, as IrOnTaXi did previously state that Beta 1 would be the next release after v8.

Originally posted by IrOnTaXi:

"They will be through the work shop yes. I believe the first iteration will be during Beta 1 which is the release after this coming release. So hopefully around the end of the year. (that would be a great christmas present for me as there are a good amount of modder maps getting done) "

http://steamcommunity.com/app/393380/discussions/0/350542145701596468/

He went back later in the day and altered his statement.

I think some just get too hung up on terminology, and what terms mean to each individual project. Alpha, Beta or whatever...SQUAD most likely still has a year+ of development before it's where it should be.

Thanks SSIXS, I don't frequent the steam forums so I missed that one.

crucial features that need adding are for me:

1. free look

2. better suppression effect on returning accurate fire

3. mortars

4. no ability to switch teams once round starts

5. commander role for each side

6. No planes please, but yes to light heicopters

7. 100 slot servers

The rest is balancing and making better what we have IMO, then it's a solid beta.

Edited by Shoshin

8. Weapon resting and bipods

9. More ground vehicles and weapons to counter them (TOWs, etc.)

10. Choppers (I don't mind not having planes but choppers I really want)