Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Scoring zone

At the present scoring is based around the flag, could we get the additional scoring zone around the Squad leader. Example tonight playing a game, we destroyed 2 logistics,  1 BTR  50 tkts while working toward the flag.  It looked like our squad had done nothing. Even though we stopped enemy trying to get behind us and pinned the enemy back to the the base. 

I know PR scored while working around the SL

... or we could remove the score altogether.

I really don't know anything about PR scoring players for being near the squad leader, you got points for pretty much the same thing as in Squad, by being on an active flag while there are enemies nearby, causing all kinds of damage and destruction, murdering enemies, attacking flags, driving people... Never has it ever seemed to me that I'm getting points just for being near the squad leader.

Well it's supposed to be squad as in incourage squad play. But you do raise a very interesting concept. Why bother with scores. come to that why bother with flags? or tickets?  if we took them away we would be moving more towards the ARMA3 way of play. Then you would just have battle time. Maybe a different game mode. Open Sandbox ? or total destruction 

I would say remove the scoring system altogether, just have kills, deaths, vehicle destruction (in tickets), revives. So as an RPG gunner, say i take out 2 humvees in a match:

K           D         V         R
1 - Alpha                  56         33       48       17
GreatDestroyer -    10          9        32        0

Or as a medic:

K          D          V         R
1 - Alpha                  56         33       48       17
GreatDestroyer -      7          9          0          8

Simple, fair scoring. As for flag captures/defending, we can tell from the map all game long which squads were golden and which were completely useless.

Edited by GreatDestroyerDT

If you dont show score, why show K D V R? Just dont show anything.

You play, and after the round you see if you lost or won. :)

I'd rather have only a scoresystem than K/D shown.

On 9/24/2016 at 5:19 PM, MultiSquid said:

... or we could remove the score altogether.

Best idea ever.  

Every single one of these threads that get started the same conversations take place.  This is where I say that scoring is stupid and that the only thing that matters is Wins and Loses.  These are pointless threads. 

On 25. 9. 2016 at 1:20 AM, Smee said:

Well it's supposed to be squad as in incourage squad play. But you do raise a very interesting concept. Why bother with scores. come to that why bother with flags? or tickets?  if we took them away we would be moving more towards the ARMA3 way of play. Then you would just have battle time. Maybe a different game mode. Open Sandbox ? or total destruction 

Scoring points is supposed to motivate you to do certain things which should be beneficial to your team and thus 'play right'. It's not working. There are still lots of players who behave detrimentally for the entire team only to get the points. You don't win by having more points than the enemy team, you win by having more tickets and by controlling flags, yet people often go for the score instead, believing that "Well, if I'm getting points, I'm playing well!". I honestly can't figure out why we even need such thing as a score in a game which does so many things differently than most games today, yet refuses to abandon this archaic concept.

Scoring system in its current form serves one purpose - bragging rights. "Look at me, best score in the team!" Why do we need to encourage selfish behavior which often comes at the expense of one's own teammates? 

Edited by MultiSquid

what about the driver of the vehicle that destroyed the enemy asset? IMO this is far more important AND skilled than the gunner.

I'd suggest shared points for anyone in the vehicle, yes there will be passengers getting points for nothing :)

Perhaps scoring should just be 2 columns?   | tickets lost for team | tickets taken from enemy |   

But if the scoring is simplified I would also like a very detailed stats page at the end with button to save. This should show anything which is trackable to player, squad  or team to help locate cheating and to allow the competitive folk some bragging rights and most importantly LOLs for most suicides/tks/poor aim/most kills on same player/most incaps without a kill (anyone can kill ppl, making them give up requires a whole new level of skill or teamwork).

The complication comes where I play-  outside the objective. Keeping the muppets sitting in little groups or "providing overwatch" (lol) on the flag from being killed, when I do it well they dont even know the enemy is there. 

when I say I I sometimes mean my squad or current allies.

Yea if we show the number of tickets each player took from the enemy team, and lost for the team, surely that would encourage a more dynamic playstyle.