-MG

Graphic blur

Having played Squad for a while and have gotten back to arma since somedays ago. I realized that Squad has not really a sense of depth of field.
What i mean with that is, if you look far enough into the distance your vision becomes blurred, almost pixelated to some extend. Even tho i have my view distance set to high, i still get very blurred and pixelated vision. Will this be fixed/adressed sometime in the future ?. Or is this something we just need to get used to ?. 

Have you turned aa on? If yes, try turning it off. Right now Anti Aliasing doesnt work too well and makes your game look blurry.

Distance seems blurry even with no AA and 100% res scale.

It helps compared to active AA, but if you compare it to other games, you will realize that this is a serious issue in squad.

Maybe it is connected to the current fog system, it makes all colors blend into a flat grey as the distance grows...

E: I got used to it, but whenever I see other games on videos (I don't play anything except Squad and Fifa), I get jealous for how good they can look into distance. 

Edited by Skymo

dont quote me on this cause i may very well be misinformed. but i seem to recall the devs saying they dont want the distance to be crystal clear like in other games because its not realistic. in real life you have distortion of light at greater distances, and when looking through a scope or binocs that effect is amplified. i understand that the problem is a pixelation which does more to break immersion than anything, my point being i dont believe the devs see it as an issue, more of a placeholder.

I have no issue at distance.  Can see all the skylines.  4k resolution though.  

54 minutes ago, Bash said:

I have no issue at distance.  Can see all the skylines.  4k resolution though.  

Well, 4K is a little bit more than 1080p, which is the resolution for most people, I guess. And other games can provide a sharp picture in high distances, so it is not only related to resolution.

On 24/9/2016 at 7:58 AM, paul_onesix said:

dont quote me on this cause i may very well be misinformed.

Yes you are.

The "blur" is present in most present day fps like Arma2/3 and even Battlefield3/4 (less evident there), it's a graphical trick to render the world over long distances. If you have more horsepower in your rig you can change resolution scale over 100% at cost of performance, give it a try.

On 24. 9. 2016 at 4:12 PM, Rainmaker said:

Disable AA because its not working, put resolution scale to 120% and enjoy.

must have missed upscaling option in the settings or its done via files?

1 hour ago, JozoNalozil said:

must have missed upscaling option in the settings or its done via files?

Hey bud, its right there in graphic settings in the game, its a slider you move. It can go all the way to 200% in resolution scale,  but I would not recommend putting it on 200 unless you got 980ti or 1070/1080 to give you that power so you can run that on decent framerate. No need to touch and edit game files.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Hey bud, its right there in graphic settings in the game, its a slider you move. It can go all the way to 200% in resolution scale,  but I would not recommend putting it on 200 unless you got 980ti or 1070/1080 to give you that power so you can run that on decent framerate. No need to touch and edit game files.

ok thanks. i guess i play Suad too stoned for not seeing that option :)

I've 3200x1800 screen and even on 1600x900 the game looks awful, only on native res it's sharp. Arma 3 looks OK on 900p or 1080p (scaled)...

When I look into the distance on a clear day in real life, in the UK, my eyes will not be able to pick out a blade of grass at 2 miles distance.

When I've been in Egypt or Australia, you can't see crap with any clarity in the distance because of the dust and heat haze. I'm guessing it is the same in the Afghanistan or Iraq etc.

Ergo, laser accurate vision at distance should not be possible in the game. Even with binocs you are limited to what you can make out. For me, the lack clarity at distance is a feature allowing different tactics than have been seen in other games.

51 minutes ago, koba said:

When I look into the distance on a clear day in real life, in the UK, my eyes will not be able to pick out a blade of grass at 2 miles distance.

When I've been in Egypt or Australia, you can't see crap with any clarity in the distance because of the dust and heat haze. I'm guessing it is the same in the Afghanistan or Iraq etc.

Ergo, laser accurate vision at distance should not be possible in the game. Even with binocs you are limited to what you can make out. For me, the lack clarity at distance is a feature allowing different tactics than have been seen in other games.

If they make it look dusty and have that heat effect I wouldn't mind it being hard to see far distances. But right now it's too middle ground and looks bad.