110 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, Gorzu said:

Thanks alot, i couldn't find anything when i googled it :) To me these (and looking at goolge maps) prove my point, the area around Kokan IRL is lush farmland, covered with lots of small rectangular fields. The PR map is oddly shaped, dry, grassy meadows with no agriculture. 

So by the sounds of it the squad version will be a mixture of real life and project reality =]

On 20/10/2016 at 6:59 PM, koschilein said:

Will you use another texture for the river ground? I think it should be a bit darker.

On 20/10/2016 at 10:37 PM, Zeno965 said:

agree with this, might also want to add some more low shrubs/tall grass and rocks as that is usually found along rivers :) 

All ill say is the river is getting a completely new look and feel, as work continues on it ;)

WQq8P9s.jpg

R4o9BF7.jpg

13 hours ago, ChanceBrahh said:

All ill say is the river is getting a completely new look and feel, as work continues on it ;)

R4o9BF7.jpg

this one looks exactly what i had in mind! :P

1 hour ago, Kalbouneh said:

This have to be in V8 or at least 8.1 <3 

Thats a big dream lol, let's just hope modded maps happen sooner rather then later so you can all play 

1 hour ago, ChanceBrahh said:

Thats a big dream lol, let's just hope modded maps happen sooner rather then later so you can all play 

lol damn, is the optimization of the map also on you or the dear devs? but yeah i hope soon will see it on the maps rotation.

1 hour ago, Kalbouneh said:

lol damn, is the optimization of the map also on you or the dear devs? but yeah i hope soon will see it on the maps rotation.

If it follows the PR system, he will be taking care of all of that, but may receive some advice from devs on discord etc

On 10/24/2016 at 7:55 AM, Kalbouneh said:

This have to be in V8 or at least 8.1 <3 

I fukin called it lol i knew it was gonna be in V8.

Congratulations  Chancebrahh for your map ,and  for making it to squad.

Congratz for making it into Squad standard map set! Well deserved! Great work, ChanceBrahh! Map is beautiful!

1 hour ago, alex.sweedensniiperr said:

Is this the first time a community map made it into squad?

Yes the first time anything from the community,

Main Base Repair Station on the INS side is broken and won't rearm vehicles. Haven't checked repairs, but that probably doesn't work, either.

Just had a little run around Kokan and I have to say I am very, very impressed. I love the way you have adapted some of the assets and made some different type of buildings I have yet to see on any Squad maps before. I also like the way you have pulled some of the buildings/compounds directly from other maps and tweaked them a little to add a different flavour but they still remain familiar, lessening the overall learning curve.

I am really looking forward to see how you develop the map in the future breathing more life into the environment. Some building etc lack that lived in/abandoned feel which I am sure you plan to work on. Just now I am grateful that we have such a great looking non-Dev map to get stuck into which bodes well for any modder wanting to offer up their own quality work like yours.

As the map stands though I am looking forward to see how it plays and I have high hopes it'll be one of my favorites.

Strangely this map didn't feel anything like the original Kokan but the gameplay was very unique and intense. I'm really enjoying it and hope that you continue to refine the map.