Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davmht

Tired fighter

29 posts in this topic

Hello Guys,

I try new patch yesterday...and the more I play the more I find my  character cumbersome, slowly, i don t have a confortable deplacement. The game lost dynamism and fluidity.

If you continue in this way your community will consist of boring ... campers.

Thought the shock team in a combat group in game...capable of running, jumping, used his arms and fight. Merde !  What are u doing this is not a golf course...

Warning the direction of your game becomes boring and many players leave. Me too, i come back next patch.

This is not good for bisness....believe me and those who say otherwise have not understood the success...YOUR SUCCES DEVS !

MAKE A DYNAMIC GAME.

"Boring" camping is good. It shows me Squad is moving towards more realistic, slower-paced, tactical gameplay. Coordination and careful movement with vehicle fire support should lead one team to win an engangement, rather than a few "skilled" players running around with unrealistic fast movement winning firefights with twitch gameplay. There are enough games out there that has the "dynamic fluidity" you are referring to... I won't name them.

Edited by JarryHead

If you think running around like headless chickens, at full speed all over the map is fluid gameplay...then you must have mistaken Squad for a 'Run n gun' arcade shooter...which it is not.

New movement and accelerations has made the gameplay 10x more fluid, in terms of slow methodical tactical teamplay. I love it.

Yep. It's getting better and better. Hopefully it'll slow down more in the future. Nice job so far devs

I see!!!...Someone else that hasn't read what Squad is all about before pre-purchase!? If you did,you would found out that "It does exactly what it says on the tin" .

This is No BF/CoD/Insurgency etc,etc Bolloxs...Maybe someone can do a MOD for "Run & Gun" folks!?!

We need some more of this...Hooah!! O.o

b0Dzo.gif

With players like this...of course. It s possible to running in your futur loving game play ?? if u make a game like this only 400/600 players max/day...death of game 2/3 years...

A realist deplacement...juste this, no more. if u don t make sport....i understand ur vision. No jump/jump/jump/....no,no...just realist soldiers in war. Its easy to understand.

look with good training what a soldier make and think at ur mouvement in game....tetraplegic soon :

8 minutes ago, davmht said:

With players like this...of course. It s possible to running in your futur loving game play ?? if u make a game like this only 400/600 players max/day...death of game 2/3 years...

A realist deplacement...juste this, no more. if u don t make sport....i understand ur vision. No jump/jump/jump/....no,no...just realist soldiers in war. Its easy to understand.

look with good training what a soldier make and think at ur mouvement in game....tetraplegic soon :

Oh look, guys in PT rig with absolutely no kit on running about...Maybe we should give all soldiers some silver shadows so they can cut about like this in the middle of a contact.

26 minutes ago, Melbo said:

Oh look, guys in PT rig with absolutely no kit on running about...Maybe we should give all soldiers some silver shadows so they can cut about like this in the middle of a contact.

Well,my service example... object X,they have range of 350-400 meters around,it's located on artifical hill.Average route distance when accident happens - 500 meters.

Get equipped,get short instructage and sprint to accident point - 1.5 minutes.Around 30-40 seconds are takes to equip armor,take weapon and ammo.This sprint exost you,but not much.

Equipment is standart for patrol - Vest,helmet,AK and bag with 2 magazines - overall weight is around 12 kilos.Typical infantryman field equipment is around 20 kilos.

So yeap,equipment makes you slower,but not that much as you can imagine.Running around like Ussain Bolt is stupid,but became weak in a infantryman role is way much stupid.

Edited by samogon

8 minutes ago, samogon said:

So yeap,equipment makes you slower,but not that much as you can imagine.

Really,really,really, You must be SuperMan!!!...Lmfao! You talking to a Vet mate ( @Melbo ) British Forces,. :P

Off Topic...

In Afghanistan a British Soldier on patrol could be carrying loads of around 22kg (50lbs).

The Taliban would often refer to them as "Tortoises" or "Camels" on their radios as the British soldier nearly buckled under the weight.

These heavy loads made it more difficult to move "tactically" and could contribute to muscular/skeletal injuries.

So there!. O.o

49 minutes ago, davmht said:

Who knows mate,Can you predict the future?...Squad is in Alpha,come back in a Year or so when Squad has all it's assets i.e. Multi-Maps/Vehicles/Armor/helis/Aircraft/trueSky/Optimasation so on & so on.

The slow pace is not a problem , but the movments it self is not that smooth, and jumping around objects is pain lol, also i have noted that if you set the FOV to lets say  120 you feel your character moves smoother. but nothing to worry still  in alpha. 

A guy just said Squad could be just a little more dynamic... Considering on Squad forums, there are only 2 options: "Supreme god blessed perfectly balanced Squad pace" and "Stupid arcadey subsonic run&gun shit".

Squad feels bulky, but in my opinion the reason of this feeling is lack of vaulting and horrible inertia. It is still a human, not a truck.

4 hours ago, davmht said:

Hello Guys,

I try new patch yesterday...and the more I play the more I find my  character cumbersome, slowly, i don t have a confortable deplacement. The game lost dynamism and fluidity.

If you continue in this way your community will consist of boring ... campers.

Thought the shock team in a combat group in game...capable of running, jumping, used his arms and fight. Merde !  What are u doing this is not a golf course...

Warning the direction of your game becomes boring and many players leave. Me too, i come back next patch.

This is not good for bisness....believe me and those who say otherwise have not understood the success...YOUR SUCCES DEVS !

MAKE A DYNAMIC GAME.

Exact same view as you did when I first played with the new stamina / player movement system.

Really was pissed off then I gave it some time and I absolutely love the new speed system. Once you get used to it you'll like it man. Also, campers? Is there such a thing in Squad? luckily you have 1. Grenades 2. Scopes. 3. RPGS .4. Humvees 5. BTRs. 6. Grenadiers to overcome people who stay in one spot.

I love these numbers that he spouts out. Ay yo by December 2016 Squad will have seen a 12% player base drop off. Upon joining, players tend to stay in a server for an average of 15 minutes before getting bored and finding a new server. Give it a year and this game will see less than 200 players on at any one time. 

I can spout absolute nonsense too. 

This isnt the game for you my friend. It's getting to the point now whereby players are hesitant to attack and sometimes you'll get games that become stalemates with occasional skirmishes. When you want a game like this you play squad. When you don't want a game like this you play another shooter. 

Citing numbers for an incomplete game is a slippery slope. There is no telling how many players are watching development from a distance and waiting for the right time to jump in. Different people wait for different game mechanics before joining in. First iteration of helicopters will bring quite a few pilots out of the woodwork for example.

http://steamcharts.com/app/393380

I would like 2-3 seconds more of sprint stamina personally. Or faster stamina regeneration while crouched. I think the speed penalty for going uphill on its own has drastically changed the speed of the game which I like. And my hopes for smoother infantry movement overall rely on the much talked about and awaited animation overhaul. Like nearly everything else in Squad, it's constantly evolving into the developer's vision for the game. I'm

just enjoying the ride.

I hope the devs were inspired by the BF1 beta like I was. The way BF does prone is what I hope to see in Squad soon. No more instant prone and spinning around like a toy top. :)

11 minutes ago, Odd_fella said:

I love these numbers that he spouts out. Ay yo by December 2016 Squad will have seen a 12% player base drop off. Upon joining, players tend to stay in a server for an average of 15 minutes before getting bored and finding a new server. Give it a year and this game will see less than 200 players on at any one time. 

I can spout absolute nonsense too. 

This isnt the game for you my friend. It's getting to the point now whereby players are hesitant to attack and sometimes you'll get games that become stalemates with occasional skirmishes. When you want a game like this you play squad. When you don't want a game like this you play another shooter. 

I have never played a game where nobody is attacking anything. Might be quite for 5 mins but they will sure show up. Over 1200 hrs on the game and still love it. 

Everyone wants instant gratification these days so lame. The ability to spend an extra 60 sec getting into position for a proper assault is worth it. Beats the mindless repetitive boring ness of games like bf. 

3 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

I hope the devs were inspired by the BF1 beta like I was. The way BF does prone is what I hope to see in Squad soon. No more instant prone and spinning around like a top. :)

Do you have a video example? 

4 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Really,really,really, You must be SuperMan!!!...Lmfao! You talking to a Vet mate ( @Melbo ) British Forces,. :P

Not at all,average man.

Patrolling exhaust you too much,cuz it's just walking,expecially if it's motorized patrol.Ah... and of cource,all patrols limited by time.You have to have rest every period of time,described in combat manuals.

Became veteran not always nessesary means you should be in the direct combat.So,guys,who secure Hmeymim airbase are now combat veterans,but they do absolutely same job as I did,but with higher risk.

4 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

I hope the devs were inspired by the BF1 beta like I was. The way BF does prone is what I hope to see in Squad soon. No more instant prone and spinning around like a toy top. :)

Yep! That's probably the only good thing about BF1,maybe destruction physics,the rest is load of garbage. A clone of StarWars Battlefront...

OP will love BF1... :P

.....IMHAO

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

3 hours ago, grimshadow said:

Do you have a video example? 

Best example I could find from my gameplay.

https://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/v/89716046

You go prone fairly quickly, but once on the ground you only have about a 45° degree arc where you can move the weapon freely from side to side. After that, it's much slower to spin as your character has to shimmy around. Felt very nice and would feel at home in Squad imo.

Don't get me started on wall vaulting though :)

Just posting to let the devs know that I appreciate the new movement mechanics. It's much more realistic now. In the beginning days of squad I remember sprinting for what would amount to miles in the real world, and not slowing down. I hated that, and remember thinking that ARMA 3 mods like TacBF are much more realistic in that respect. You can't sprint for that long in the real world. Anyone who disagrees should put a ruck on ( or even some light kit, like a loaded Fighting Load Carrier and an Assault Pack ), and see how far you can sprint. Go to the woods and see how much uneven terrain, obstacles and going uphill and downhill affects you.

I bought squad for realism. Something the other FPS in the market don't cater to, except maybe ARMA. I want to experience something close to real combat ( as much as possible as a computer would allow it ), pit myself against other people, with real world physics and real world equipment. And that's why people buy games like Squad and ARMA, and why people still play Project Reality, when there are games with better graphics and special effects. I don't want another Call of Duty game or a Battlefield game.

Just Black or White...Please God Wake all !!!

Where are the pleasure when u don t make what u want tactically. I dont want DOD, COD...bla bla bla...I think just about sensation...too speedy it' s idiot, too slowly it s boring. If u want maximum players ( and think about succes game), u must have a good feeling with our players : It s not NOW !

Very contradictory with combat : All overflow are too slow for efficiency.

Just remember 4F tactics:

Found / Fixe / flank / Fire !

Mouve or dies...like this game. 

But i think whith u....the wrong direction is taken just for an elite group that wants the very very slow.

it is unfortunate and sad for Squad.

By the way for those who think I do not know what I mean I made a career of several years in French paratroopers hunters, I know the fight. And I love Squad ...

Edited by davmht

40 minutes ago, davmht said:

But i think whith u....the wrong direction is taken just for an elite group that wants the very very slow.

it is unfortunate and sad for Squad.

I understand what you are saying but I dont really think the game is being taken in any direction by some "elite group".  The game was designed to be slower and tactically driven since the day that the Devs gave birth to it.  There is no "elite group" unless you consider that every person who bought the game and completely understood that the game was not going to be Run&Gun ever is that "elite group".

Hot damn, I knew I shouldn't have sat on this thread for a few days before commenting:

At the end of the day, the game was always meant to be slower than it currently is. If you think the current speed of the game is what it should be, then you're in for a rude awakening due to a lack of research on this project. Is it clunky currently? Yes, but they'll work the inertia and everything out eventually. 

As always: play PR if you want an idea of what the game should end up being like.

And now look at the attendance of the game ... the more it is slower and less players found the nice ...But I think it is hardly lost for Squad.
Bye Bye see u next Patch.

Edited by davmht