STEALTHKILLER

Exposing A Battle Buddy

For the love of all that's holy between you and your squad mates, try not to mindlessly expose them to enemy fire.  I don't know how many times I'm prone in CONCEALMENT (because unlike everyone else I've slowly and smartly advanced into enemy territory) where a squad mate decides, "Oh look, we're getting shot at but he's doing just fine over there!"

Now I understand the surface level logic behind such a thought. But think of this, when you mindlessly start running headlong towards that same position without even noticing I'm prone then all you've managed to do is expose both of us to enemy fire.  First they're going to of course drop you because you've had your head out in the open saying, "Over here over here, shoot me sprinting without much thought!" Then of course as a result (especially if they're using optics) they're definitely going to now see me since you've also for bizarre unknown reasons decided to stand up right on top of me.

Surprisingly folks in this game move like they're playing COD or Battlefield with no thought for cover and/or concealment whatsoever.  That's fine with me if you want to play that way, but please don't get me punished along with you because you've seen that I'm magically still alive while everyone else is getting mowed down endlessly and have decided you need to come to my location too.

I am constantly annoyed by this. I'm prone, hiding on the edge of a field or in a bush taking shots at enemy re-enforcements crossing an open area, I've been there for several minutes and am clocking up kills with no-one firing back at me.

Some douche comes over and sits beside me firing. Seconds later there are grenades and bullets landing near me and we both die.

Flank or fire from cover, DON'T go and sit near another player, there is never a good reason. Medics and rally dropping excluded.

9 hours ago, Frosty2 said:

Sounds like you are hiding while your squad is pinned down but i understand that :D 

We all be pinned down, my squad decides to run at it full sprint and constantly get dropped only to rinse and repeat while I stay prone picking folks off....well until the squad mate decides that it seems where I'm at is safe then of course we get the issue I'm talking about unfortunately.

4 hours ago, suds said:

I am constantly annoyed by this. I'm prone, hiding on the edge of a field or in a bush taking shots at enemy re-enforcements crossing an open area, I've been there for several minutes and am clocking up kills with no-one firing back at me.

Some douche comes over and sits beside me firing. Seconds later there are grenades and bullets landing near me and we both die.

Flank or fire from cover, DON'T go and sit near another player, there is never a good reason. Medics and rally dropping excluded.

Somebody GETS IT!!!

I love taking the not so obvious route to the objective and then mowing down the enemy who's doing the same thing my squad mates are doing...running out in the open mindlessly!

On September 16, 2016 at 8:53 AM, suds said:

If you were sitting there for several minutes without switching firing positions you should expect to eventually get located eitherway. It's not always someone else's fault.

that is the crux of it.

Being killed by someone elses stupidity is the worst way to go. If its my stupidity im ok with that :)