Sign in to follow this  
Nyrak

America's Army mod?

3 hours ago, Marv said:

please elaborate.

Basicly this, would be great if you put a bit more effort into the thread :)

A mod that makes Squad play like the game America's Army (and features some of the most played maps of it). You have short matches (1 life per round), more hud elements, inf only, smaller maps. You can try America's Army if you want to know what I mean. Its on steam (I recommend America's Army 3). America's Army 2 is still playable as well, but not on steam.

Edited by Nyrak

6 hours ago, Nyrak said:

A mod that makes Squad play like the game America's Army (and features some of the most played maps of it). You have short matches (1 life per round), more hud elements, inf only, smaller maps. You can try America's Army if you want to know what I mean. Its on steam (I recommend America's Army 3). America's Army 2 is still playable as well, but not on steam.

So... if you want gameplay to be identical to america's army, why not just play america's army? It's free iirc.

12 hours ago, Axton said:

So... if you want gameplay to be identical to america's army, why not just play america's army? It's free iirc.

The devs said on the AA forums that they are not sure what will happen to the project. There might not be another AA like we know it. While the latest AA (proving grounds) is somewhat active, I can't really get into it and AA3 has only a few players. A new version on Unreal Engine 4 would be nice. Maybe another capable fan or group of fans will create it - even if not as a mod for Squad.

26 minutes ago, JozoNalozil said:

id rather modders put out new polished maps... 

AA sucked ass with each version

Some more cqb maps would be nice! I really enjoy Sumari. Gives me a bit off an "AA-feel" at times.

58 minutes ago, Nyrak said:

Some more cqb maps would be nice! I really enjoy Sumari. Gives me a bit off an "AA-feel" at times.

nothing against cqb maps at all

the more variety the better

just keep squad mechanics in place

however since we are talking mod 

i dont care much i just hope it wont

devide players numbers much

It seems to me, this idea is not for this forum. You should create thread at AA's forums and take initiative to recreate it in UE4.

Edited by Disco

I and quite a few others would actually love to have this mod. AA titles have just become run and gun and there is not much in the way tactical shooters. Would be nice to have a infantry only small cqc style mod.

Sign in to follow this