Barbarossa

Sky rainbow-flickering - what's the cause?

Hi,

once in a while I get this:

flickering.jpg

Is this a serious bug caused by game or by hardware?

I use Gigabyte xtreme gaming GTX 1070, Gigabyte z170 eu7 mobo, Intel i6700k, win10.

This "mispixels" disappear if I go to mainmanue by ENTER clicking.

Edited by Barbarossa

That doesn't look too good; you may want to check your drivers and GPU temperatures?

Also, please don't bump, thanks

4 hours ago, Barbarossa said:

+1

did you bump within just 5 hours, givin you 3 posts in a row 16hrs total?

reinstall squad, try a different AA method, check monitor screen ratio, activate some framesynch if that is possible.

Edited by Marv

@Karm, my sys-temp is below 70 on 100%perfomance (prime95) and the heat of the gpu is about 50 Degrees idle and max 70 under full duty

@I did, will test it later. This occured only once-in-a-while and does only appear in connection with the sky. This effect isn't there on any other part of the map.

@bumping: Of course I do if I feel like there is a hardwareproblem that could cause even more damage to my system (it new bulit, therefore I can give broken parts back to dealer)

same problem on a new 1070 .. it goes away after respawn or menu select like you mentioned so its not a constant problem .After a google of the problem gpu artefacts I switched off triple buffering in NVidia cp and that helped with frequency of them. I do think the gpu runs way too hard maybe try disabling gsync if u have it and rely on vsync .. imho I think the gpu is pushing for highest fps possible even if they are bottlenecked somewhere , running riot with no constraint even tho u r only peaking at 40-50fps its working way too hard even for those numbers.

4 hours ago, banOkay said:

Stress test your GPU and see if it catches on fire.

Played about an hour and it was stable to 70 Celsius. The only fire I saw was that of my gun shooting down some Russians.

So, after xfxinfinity has the same problem, and due to the fact it is once in a while and really not gamebreaking, I fell well with it.

40 minutes ago, Barbarossa said:

Played about an hour and it was stable to 70 Celsius. The only fire I saw was that of my gun shooting down some Russians.

So, after xfxinfinity has the same problem, and due to the fact it is once in a while and really not gamebreaking, I fell well with it.

Playing a CPU intensive game  isn't going to stress test your GPU and temperature isn't the only measure of stress.  I really suggest you do some proper stress testing. Best case scenario it's just something to do with Squad, worst case you know that your GPU is faulty and you can RMA it since you have a new PC afaik.

4 hours ago, banOkay said:

Playing a CPU intensive game  isn't going to stress test your GPU and temperature isn't the only measure of stress.  I really suggest you do some proper stress testing. Best case scenario it's just something to do with Squad, worst case you know that your GPU is faulty and you can RMA it since you have a new PC afaik.

3dbenchmarked it 5times in a row on "epic" stress level. GPU always less or equal 75degrees. No flickering like it was in squad.

I only ever experience it in squad..every other game runs fine. Barbarossa I wouldn't worry about it , once the 10 series card becomes more popular we will get an answer or fix so maybe just wait n c :) FYI is ur card reference or overclocked mines is the G1 with o/c mode I only notice flickering when using the standard overclock profile on card try running it standard or tweaking the voltage up a fraction in the gigabyte desktop widget app