Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZiGreen

Post deleting.

At least two of my posts were deleted without any notifications or explanations during past week. I'd like to be informed if some forum rules were violated, but I am not sure it was the reason. Thanks.

I would IM the mods privately, were it me.  I've had some stuff deleted and all myself that I thought was tame, but I'm sure there's a sufficient reason if you ask.

I had post deleted too, but I was clearly off topic and not adding to the discussion, so I can't complain. Mods are just doing their work. Some will call it censorship, but this is a private owned forum so everyone has to follow owners rules.

And don't forget Discord, could probably pop on there to get a little direction what the problem was, or at least who to talk to.

Just mods trying to keep discussions relevant and on topic.

Posts that do not contribute to the thread and are snide jabs at the moderation or development teams get hidden or deleted fairly quickly.

UJULWwc.png

50 minutes ago, DesmoLocke said:

Just mods trying to keep discussions relevant and on topic.

Posts that do not contribute to the thread and are snide jabs at the moderation or development teams get hidden or deleted fairly quickly.

UJULWwc.png

This post was simply off-topic and not relevant to the discussion, you guys can always give us feedback through PM if you feel the need.

We DO think about the feedback, so don't hesitate!

@ZiGreen There is simply no possibility of messaging each and every person that was going off-topic.

We do not warn/give warning points for something like this, but we certainly do hide posts that are highly off-topic.

While I do think that the comment shown here was in fact off topic, and I appreciate the mods' work quite a lot, I think doing things in a more transparent way would be preferable. If I understand correctly, you guys hide posts in a way that the average user doesn't even see the post ever existed. (I scrolled trough a few threads where ZiGreen was posted to confirm this, but, since I'm looking for the lack of posts, I can only guess that this is the case. If it's not, please ignore my post. ^_^) Ghost moderation can often do more harm than benefit, as it provides little to no feedback to the wrongdoers, and may be interpreted as abuse. It also lacks the deterring power that a "post removed for off topic" post may have in a thread that people are busy derailing. Even in case of mostly harmless/off-topic posts, not being able to see what exactly happened can lead to a lot of confusion.

Edited by Aleon

While I do think that the comment shown here was in fact off topic, and I appreciate the mods' work quite a lot, I think doing things in a more transparent way would be preferable. If I understand correctly, you guys hide posts in a way that the average user doesn't even see the post ever existed. (I scrolled trough a few threads where ZiGreen was posted to confirm this, but, since I'm looking for the lack of posts, I can only guess that this is the case. If it's not, please ignore my post. ) Ghost moderation can often do more harm than benefit, as it provides little to no feedback to the wrongdoers, and may be interpreted as abuse. It also lacks the deterring power that a "post removed for off topic" post may have in a thread that people are busy derailing. Even in case of mostly harmless/off-topic posts, not being able to see what exactly happened can lead to a lot of confusion.

Good old for this

40 minutes ago, Aleon said:

While I do think that the comment shown here was in fact off topic, and I appreciate the mods' work quite a lot, I think doing things in a more transparent way would be preferable. If I understand correctly, you guys hide posts in a way that the average user doesn't even see the post ever existed. (I scrolled trough a few threads where ZiGreen was posted to confirm this, but, since I'm looking for the lack of posts, I can only guess that this is the case. If it's not, please ignore my post. ^_^) Ghost moderation can often do more harm than benefit, as it provides little to no feedback to the wrongdoers, and may be interpreted as abuse. It also lacks the deterring power that a "post removed for off topic" post may have in a thread that people are busy derailing. Even in case of mostly harmless/off-topic posts, not being able to see what exactly happened can lead to a lot of confusion.

I don't see how it does not provide feedback, if I post something and all of a sudden its gone then I probably shouldn't of posted it.
post it again and I will probably receive a verbal warning
3rd time is the official warning with warning points included.

as for derailing a thread, 99% of the time one of the mods does post a "cleaned up this thread, stay on topic" or something to that effect to blanket an entire thread if multiple people are doing it.

I appreciate efforts of the moderation team, but every topic starter is able to report others posts if he finds them not appropriate for this discussion. I am not sure how any post could be considered as off-topic without any context.

This post wasn't completely off-topic, since the authenticity discussion is the one of the hottest discussions in this community and how sarcastic could be some community members who support devs in this question. I could write walls of text about british military and its possible representation in Squad, but OWI position makes this whole topic unnecessary for these forums, not just my post.

Moreover, if you deleted my post about forbidden sarcasm, it means sarcasm is forbidden and deleted post can't be considered as sarcasm, hence there is no reason to consider this post as try to snide jabs at somebody.

What about the other post, which was deleted from suppression discussion?

if you really find the need to find out why your posts are hidden then PM a mod with the URL of the thread it was hidden on.
locking thread, end of discussion.