Hello guys, i just want to drop here this webside: http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/equipment.aspx    (I think) This is the official British army webside and it shows the equipment of the regular British army (Well, SQUAD is about regular troops and this web is perfect because it shows everything that the devs need to put into the game). It shows clothing, weapons, vehicles, etc. I post this to help the devs to implement correctly the British army (At the end of the day they are devs and not weapons experts), so maybe it can help them and also it gives you (squad player like me) a overview to what to expect about British army. If there are some orthography errors is because I´m not a perfect english speaker. Thanks

Edited by Mataguiris

SA80... L129A1... L7A2... hnnnggggggg...

Also really hope we'll get the L118 105mm light gun as an emplacement, it forms the backbone of the British army's fire support after all

10 hours ago, FalkoN said:

SA80... L129A1... L7A2... hnnnggggggg...

Also really hope we'll get the L118 105mm light gun as an emplacement, it forms the backbone of the British army's fire support after all

Could just be me, but I'm going to assume that the L118 is too big an asset for a game like this. That being said, if they didn't get mortars and had to use a big, unwieldy, towed field gun for fire support rather than a quick and easy to move mortar; choosing firepower over mobility and attack angle, then that would be a pretty damn cool way to implement asymmetry. 

Regimental gun for a Platoon vs Platoon combat...  oh,those BF-kids...

Maximum you will get - L16 mortar.But since Devs are incompitent in case of creating right 3d assets - you will have M224.

71557373.jpg

Srsly though. That link is making me drool in anticipation of having the British army ingame. Will be nice to have some BLUFOR variety rather than just 'Murika.

5 hours ago, r3volution said:

71557373.jpg

Srsly though. That link is making me drool in anticipation of having the British army ingame. Will be nice to have some BLUFOR variety rather than just 'Murika.

Honestly OPFOR doesn't have all that much variety, either. I'm not complaining because I really do enjoy all the AK variants in game (and have pushed for more in the past, which I would still like to see) but overall the factions there are pretty similar, too. 

I'm sure we'll eventually get an OPFOR faction that's radically different from what's currently in place, either by a mod team or the developers. 

Anyone knows when are they gonna release the british army? or at least show the first models/ideas :/

Edited by Mataguiris

On 9/6/2016 at 2:25 AM, VarenykySupreme said:

Could just be me, but I'm going to assume that the L118 is too big an asset for a game like this. That being said, if they didn't get mortars and had to use a big, unwieldy, towed field gun for fire support rather than a quick and easy to move mortar; choosing firepower over mobility and attack angle, then that would be a pretty damn cool way to implement asymmetry. 

possibly but no reason it couldn't be an offmap thing for when commander role gets implemented maybe even bigger things like a 155mm :P obviously there is lots of things you can do with offmap best part is you don't have to model the weapon. :D

Edited by WiFiDi

15 hours ago, VarenykySupreme said:

Honestly OPFOR doesn't have all that much variety, either. I'm not complaining because I really do enjoy all the AK variants in game (and have pushed for more in the past, which I would still like to see) but overall the factions there are pretty similar, too. 

I'm sure we'll eventually get an OPFOR faction that's radically different from what's currently in place, either by a mod team or the developers. 

Really hoping a MEC-esque faction from PR ends up in the game. 

15 hours ago, Yrkidding said:

With their entire stock of H&K weapons or something else?

On 9/8/2016 at 3:43 AM, VarenykySupreme said:

Absolutely agree. I'd love to see some more OPFOR variety too. I really hope someone (devs or modders) gets a PLA faction ingame as it would be fantastic to have some QBZ-95's and other interesting Chinese weapons rather than just more AK variants (not that I don't love AK's but variety is good).

Continuing with more Brit army talk though, I'll be very interested to see what MRAP type vehicle they go for with the Brits given that there seems to be a fairly overwhelming amount of choice from what that site lists as the models in use. I'd love to see something like the Foxhound in game.

Edited by r3volution

On 9/8/2016 at 5:44 AM, Yrkidding said:

Actually I really hope a MEC-eqsue faction doesn't end up in the game. They were pretty much just Turkey, so just include Turkey, but that's a topic for another thread (which has already been made, from what I remember).

12 hours ago, r3volution said:

Absolutely agree. I'd love to see some more OPFOR variety too. I really hope someone (devs or modders) gets a PLA faction ingame as it would be fantastic to have some QBZ-95's and other interesting Chinese weapons rather than just more AK variants (not that I don't love AK's but variety is good).

Continuing with more Brit army talk though, I'll be very interested to see what MRAP type vehicle they go for with the Brits given that there seems to be a fairly overwhelming amount of choice from what that site lists as the models in use. I'd love to see something like the Foxhound in game.

America has lots of MRAPs and they still chose one specific variant. It'll likely be whatever is the most common. 

True re the MRAP's for the US faction. I am guessing the Brits will probably end up with something like the Mastiff then? Correct me if I am wrong though, anyone.

I'd love to see some of those smaller Brit tracked recon/APC vehicles like the the Scimitar and Spartan series. There'd be some very interesting gameplay options there. Particularly if there are some maps with deeper bodies of water.

OFFTOPIC: I feel the same as Varenyky about MEC, I'd much rather see Turkey or Iran ingame rather than some fictional army. Much more interesting, much less stereotypical.

On 9/8/2016 at 9:38 PM, Rybec said:

With their entire stock of H&K weapons or something else?

^ (Click on that)

Edited by Yrkidding

To continue the cardinal sin of off topic...

Every single point in that fantastic and impassioned argument for use of the MEC faction in SQUAD still works for Iran or for Turkey. Only with the added benefit of not being imaginary. :D

On 9/22/2016 at 7:29 AM, r3volution said:

To continue the cardinal sin of off topic...

Every single point in that fantastic and impassioned argument for use of the MEC faction in SQUAD still works for Iran or for Turkey. Only with the added benefit of not being imaginary. :D

Which is totally something I'm alright with too, really, but I'm really just hoping for some 3rd party prominent conventional factions really. (Excuse my lateness :P )

Edited by Yrkidding

On 10/15/2016 at 2:31 PM, Yrkidding said:

Which is totally something I'm alright with too, really, but I'm really just hoping for some 3rd party prominent conventional factions really. (Excuse my lateness :P )

All good man hahaha. But yes, would be fantastic to see some more factions for the BLUFOR to square up against that are full scale militaries.