Sign in to follow this  
Zal

Very low FPS and some imput lag (mouse and keyboard)

Hello!

I start telling you my PC stats:

Windows 10

GPU GTX 780Ti
12GB RAM
CPU Quad core 3.80 GHz (AMD)

And I get like 13-18fps and a highly noticeable imput lag in commands (both keyboard and mouse inputs).

I know that AMD CPUs are gives some problem of optimization to the game, but this much? It doesn't matter which graphic option I choose, everything gave me about the same stats (2-3 fps difference). 
In some servers I get a higher fps rate, but not that high (20-24fps max)

Is there anything that I can do?

Sorry for my English, it isn't my mothertongue ^^

Anti-Aliasing = Off?

Have you had a look at this temp fixes?

https://www.reddit.com/r/joinsquad/comments/456tq2/things_you_can_do_to_potentially_help_with/

And this....

6 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

I don't think a GTX 550 can run squad effectively and it is two generations under our minimum specs. 

You might wait for alpha 8 when the optimization pass is done but outside of that you are due for an upgrade. 

cheers!

Hello!
Yes, anti-aliasing OFF.
I try to read to that reddit article.

About the GTX550 post. Well, I have a GTX780Ti, that is FAR better than the minimum spec for Squad and far better than GTX550.

UE4 puts a lot of stuff into 1 thread which is the bottleneck for everybody. Why this is so in 2016 idk, but it's the resonator everybody atm is getting bad performance. AMD CPUs suffer a lot more since their IPC is much worse as they were designed with multi threading in mind - opposite of UE4.

16 hours ago, Zal said:

Is there anything that I can do?

Yes, unfortunately the only option at the moment is to sell your motherboard, CPU and optionally RAM, and then buy system based on Intel CPU.

I recommend DDR4, Skylake and Z170 motherboard.

Version 7.x is particularly bad for cpus like ours, so my suggestion is to wait and check again in version 8. Definitely don't bother buying a new pc for squad! It's a good game but unless you are part of the "squad iz lyfe" crew I don't think it represents $1039.99 of value just quite yet