Sign in to follow this  
cake4ya

eyes hurt, too blurry

hello,

is this some kind of a game feature that you can't properly see at 200m and more ? I tried all kind of settings, disabled AA, played with res scale nothing helps, beyond 200m everything is so blurry that my eyes start to hurt (disabled bloom and blur too, nothing helps). Really can't enjoy playing a game like this when I can't see beyond 200m.

Even low and epic looks almost the same at 200m. I really doubt that it's the game intention to do this.

Anybody was able to fix it (played with all the settings mentioned here on forums, didn't help) ?

I have a gtx980.

Edited by cake4ya

the best way to go is turning off all FX and turn up the resolution scale. however, the game sometimes does not

accept some settings especially when you change them in a running game, so sometimes it seems like there is no change

in how the game looks even if you drastically change the settings.

delete all settings for SQUAD and set up everything again, this should help,

go to "%localappdata%" and delete the SQUAD folder, this will erase any previous settings.

funnily this also helped fix 90% of the problems i had with squad! ;)

Install SweetFX. It makes colors more rich and realistic (vanilla graphics have desaturated colors) and it allows to use anti-aliasing without bluriness in the distance. The only downsides are about 5 less FPS and a little bit illegible fonts.

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9w7SDwroyMWZWxQMHpjSC1Vc3M

Edited by Anthony Estacado

I'd say Squad suffers from pixelization and not blur. Here's blur:

Blur2.png

And here's example of pixelized image:

pixelatedExample.jpg

In my opinion Squad is pixelized too much, not blurred:

M8WIBpR.png

Or this image:

wjTlLuQ.png

Does it look blurred to you? It definitely doesn't look blurred at all to me. But pixelization, I'm sure you can see how badly pixelized image is. Looks like 540p image interpolated to a 1080p resolution. But I took this screenshot in 1080p originally in lossless .png format.

Edited by KulaGGin

The human eye can't see that far! I've seen people asking why they can't see farther than 300m with iron sights and expect to hit direct shots in a target! Unless you Chris Kyle hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you guys for your replies, the sweetfx looks pretty cool, will give it a try and it isn't pixelization

btw I was in the military and we were shooting with iron sides at targets at 300m pretty fine, without me seeing the enemy as a big blurred cloud :)

but I think it definitely needs fixing as I'm playing arma a lot and I know it's different engine but you can see enemies clearly over 500m, which is pretty realistic

Yeah, feel the same about it. You don't wanna know how manny times i hav ebene shooting at a tree simply cuz i couldn't confirm if it was a player or not. 

When I upgraded from 1080p to 1440p just the other month I was fapping at how clear things were at long distance. It became crystal clear. That's on 120% settings.

However recently since vehicles, I've gone back to a slightly blurred level again like the old days. I will probably have to go the route of SweetFX / deleting the App data folder to test. It can work, I've seen it working... but then updates change settings and I too have joined the "cataract gangB|

Edited by Mad Ani

unfortunately sweetfx only helps a little, still blurry, if you watch closely it's blurry even from close. Force AA from nvidia panel doesn't fix it, already tried. Too blurry for me and it looked promising... :S

AA off 100% res scale
DNBPkyD.jpg
AA on 100% res scale
oxtpUtN.jpg
AA on 200% res scale
UeWgrsv.jpg

Obviously the last one is the best, but who can run that? If you turn off AA, it'll definitely give you an edge(Haha, get it? I am so funny.)
Turning off AA is actually pretty tricky. You have to do 3 things.
Turn it off in-game.
Force it off in NVidia control panel.(if you have amd, I think you can also force it off in the config, but no idea where)
Set res scale to 100% (this one is crucial, because if you go up or down from 100 it'll turn the AA back on - guessing it'd give you an unfair advantage)