• Chora
    • Fool's Road
    • Gorodok
    • Kohat Toi
    • Logar Valley
    • Operation First Light
    • Sumari Bala
    • Yehorivka

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
28 posts in this topic

Which map is the one that makes you groan when you see it's the next map? Which map is the one you will join servers for? Vote so we can get an idea of players' least favorite and favorite maps!

I apologize if a similar poll has already occured, but I searched and saw none; even if there was one, it's good to get up-to-date information given the newer maps.

ive havent seen one.. interested in the data even if it's a smallish sample

It may not give any different info, but a ranking a top amount and bottom amount would be nice.   I would order the questions favorite then least favorite but maybe that's just my mind.  Always great to have polls.  Love polls, keep them coming.

I'd have to say Gorodok is my least favorite only due to the fact players seem to just have no idea what they are doing.

Favorite is samurai, as its urban with nice long streets and tight corners. Vehicles driving around people on roofs, you just can't let down your guard on that map.

My current favorite map is Sumari Bala simply because it's the closest thing we've got to Fallujah West at the moment.

4 hours ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

It may not give any different info, but a ranking a top amount and bottom amount would be nice.   I would order the questions favorite then least favorite but maybe that's just my mind.  Always great to have polls.  Love polls, keep them coming.

Yeah, I opted to list least favorites first as I think it would be interesting to have some emphasis on what maps people don't like as much... but perhaps it would have been better, like you said, to list favorites first, but whatever.

Personally, the close quarters intensity and consequent need for good communication make Sumari my favorite map. Gorodok would have to be my least favorite... I can't quite place why, I just don't like the terrain design as much as other maps. I also want to mention Yehorivka; it doesn't make my favorite or least favorite, but I'm kind of an edge with liking/disliking it right now. I wanted to bring it up simply because I believe it's one of those maps that I will like far, far more when Squad's arsenal of vehicles is expanded to heavier armored vehicles and - later - helicopters, the use of which Yehorivka was clearly designed for.

I really do love Gorodok, I think its just a few firefights I have had through the villages on that map which endeared it to me. Nice concentration of light settlements and forested rolling terrain with a river. What's not to love, especially now we've got vehicles!

I do also have a soft spot for Chora which is probably my favourite desert map so far, except for the wall based frustration which inevitably ensues (devs can we please get a mantle ability? I'd do unspeakable things to get that...).

Yehorivka will be fantastic once it's undergone another couple of detail passes, while it feels a bit like an RO2 mod map at the moment due to the sparseness of terrain detail and the low object density its got some insane potential for firefights in the villages while vehicles skirmish on the open plains.

I really am not a huge fan of the old Kohat Toi, I don't know but it just doesn't agree with me, its not anything I can really specifically identify, so it might just be that because I've been playing it since the pre-alpha I'm sick to death of it. That said, I still enjoy Logar so, who knows...

Edited by r3volution

Had to think on it - they are all decent maps, even in their wip state. Sumari used to make me quit servers, but it's one of the better now imo.

I personally like Kohat (in the minority) because it allows for a fair amount of manoeuvre, but not so much that you can move without paying attention.

Cheers,

egg

The sun's position greatly affects it for me and right I don't like any layout of Gorodok because of this. 

Not voting, things are not that simple...

1 hour ago, Gleb said:

Not voting, things are not that simple...

Of course they are, this is simply a vote to gauge people's opinions, it's not some kind of deciding factor :)

Agree with @eggman, hard to choose because they're all good.  Only map I don't want to play anymore is Fool's Road, not because it's bad, got tired of it being every other map.

10 hours ago, Aniallator said:

Of course they are, this is simply a vote to gauge people's opinions, it's not some kind of deciding factor :)

Still, whats the validity timeline for that gauge.. One week? One day? One round of game? 

I m grinding these maps and first impression is worth what?

I would enjoy all the maps more if Squaddies could figure out how to do troop transport properly. It's so rare to see vehicles used effectively.. I wonder how long this period of "people are learning how to use them" is going to take? It's killing me slowly. :|

havent played much over our holiday but still really enjoy chora. (even though i have been working on it for way too long) 

Goro is a great warm up map any time for me.  

On 9/3/2016 at 7:58 PM, Gleb said:

Still, whats the validity timeline for that gauge.. One week? One day? One round of game? 

I m grinding these maps and first impression is worth what?

You are completely overthinking this. It's a simple poll based on your current opinions. Just vote...

2 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

havent played much over our holiday but still really enjoy chora. (even though i have been working on it for way too long) 

Goro is a great warm up map any time for me.  

I love Chora as well, it's certainly my favorite desert map after Sumari. I'm genuinely surprised that OP First Light isn't in favor, IMO it's the best forest map. Urban Sumari though... still holding strong. It would - or rather will - be interesting to see how people react to the urban environment in the upcoming forest map.

yeah there is nothing bad about op first light. Always fun, lots of options.

I think OP First Light suffers at times from being a fairly congested map, a legacy of its origins as a test map if I remember correctly. While this was less of an issue in v6, thanks to vehicles its now very apparent as an effective team can very easily troll either of the first cap points for either team with one vehicle far too quickly.

So hard to chose. I like all maps! Even in their WIP state. But if i had to choose i guess OP First Light or Fools Road is my least favotite. Only because these are the maps you play the most and the flag layout is not different enough on current layers.

Favorite is even harder to choose :-(. Perhaps Gorodok or Kohat Toi. But this is only until they add the map with the eastern appartments buildings :-). Looking forward to this map so much :)

1 hour ago, Romby said:

But this is only until they add the map with the eastern appartments buildings :-). Looking forward to this map so much :)

Same :) Finally apartment blocks!

OP???? wtf is wrong with ya guys

Edited by the_seeing_eye
and the 1/4 finished map is the fav... lol this forum

On 5 september 2016 at 2:04 AM, Mumble said:

I would enjoy all the maps more if Squaddies could figure out how to do troop transport properly. It's so rare to see vehicles used effectively.. I wonder how long this period of "people are learning how to use them" is going to take? It's killing me slowly. :|

Agree, fast troop transport and a new spawn is Really effective to backcap and do overrun, and it hurts tangos bigtime on those lager maps imho.

On 5 september 2016 at 9:54 PM, Aniallator said:

You are completely overthinking this. It's a simple poll based on your current opinions. Just vote...

10-4 ;)

great idea, i just wanted to post same, as there havent been one before

BUT

i would like not only to know the Map but also the Version ... AAS 1, AAS2, Night, Insurgency, etc.

My favorite is a First Light but i have crazy freezes and stuttering on it while other are running smooth.. Hope the next update will resolve it.