Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
twoxs

Why do devolopers dont love 4:3 players no more

Recommended Posts

Hello i am experiencing a problem with resolution. Namely i have an 4:3 old monitor which runs 1280x1024 (yes i can see enemies) and when i turn on the screen with map and role selection, the squad list is being covered by map so i cannot for example pass the SL role to other person (ya know how much times i've been shouted on for?). No i wont buy an 16:9 monitor. Yes the monitor is CRT. Yes i had an option to switch for an bigger monitor but i did not. Yes i am kinda of nerd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do devolopers dont love pentium 1 no more.

Why do devolopers dont love Voodoo cards no more.

Why do devolopers dont love Windows 95 no more.
Why do devolopers dont love ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Errrm... just a guess, but probably because it's outdated... and nobody uses them anymore... except you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i dont think so. Maybe 1280x1024 is outdated but 4:3 is certainly not. QXGA for example, is 4:3 2048x1536. I cant wait to see a game that does not even support 1280x1024.

1920x1080 stinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalkoN said:

Errrm... just a guess, but probably because it's outdated... and nobody uses them anymore... except you...

 

*coughs-winks* Bloody good screen in their time... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

 

*coughs-winks* Bloody good screen in their time... ;)

Still good. It works perfectly in many modern games, including GTA V. (I know GTA V is AAA and Squad is not). I dont have any problems with using Blender on this resolution. I dont have any problems with making my own horrible scripts. And, i dont have to watch horribly stretched images when playing good ol' RPG's. CRT MASTERRACE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, twoxs said:

Still good. It works perfectly in many modern games, including GTA V. (I know GTA V is AAA and Squad is not). I dont have any problems with using Blender on this resolution. I dont have any problems with making my own horrible scripts. And, i dont have to watch horribly stretched images when playing good ol' RPG's. CRT MASTERRACE!

 

The game is still in alpha stage of development. When it will be released then I believe there will be 4:3 support available :)

What is your PC spec? I guess when it's also "outdated" then you won't be happy with playing Squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pc is fairly new, i doubt it got more than half a year.

Specifications:
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series

8GB of RAM

And i got a fairly cheap 1TB HDD that is 2 years old. I dont remember its name but it has never failed me.

And i have an cheap 700 v power unit that i expect to fry my house any second.

 

So i dont think that Squad will run horribly. Especially when devs will fix the AMD optimalization.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 7:22 PM, twoxs said:

Namely i have an 4:3 old monitor which runs 1280x1024 (yes i can see enemies) and when i turn on the screen with map and role selection, the squad list is being covered by map so i cannot for example pass the SL role to other person (ya know how much times i've been shouted on for?).

The only thing I can think of is to create 16:9 custom resolution in Nvidia control panel or using custom resolution utility. But you gonna need to educate yourself and read about the topic for few hours before you'll be able to actually change it

Spoiler

00EF4F1F315BA3DEA359602E79AF77B49C88FE4F

Use MonInfo to see maximum horizontal resolution(it's 1600 usually) and set your vertical resolution accordingly. So if your monitor is capable to run at 1600 horizontal resolution, then it would be 1600x900. You can also try 1600x1000 to play at 16:10 or 1600:1100 to play at 16:11.

Using the same method you can overclock your monitor. I can suggest to look into it since CRT's sometimes can be overclocked up to 200 Hz(a lot better and faster than this 240 Hz light boost shit which is only 120 Hz really). Programs that can help you with it: MonInfo, CRU, nvlddmkm-patcher.

 

More thoughts on the topic:

Spoiler
On 9/2/2016 at 7:22 PM, twoxs said:

Why do devolopers dont love 4:3 players no more

Usually devs on PCs only care about most profitable resolutions like 1920x1080 and 2560x1440. It takes a lot of work even to optimize user interface for 1920x1080. And it would take a lot more work to optimize it for all resolutions starting from 1280x960 and enging on 2560x1080... They would need a full dedicated team of 5-10 people which would work only on optimization of user interface for different resolutions.

 

The funniest thing is that even if you buy something like 2560x1080(21:9) you will have problems even in biggest titles like CSGO and Battlefield because they're rare and even people in Valve don't have full dedicated teams working on optimization of user interface.

 

 

Skins are a lot(and I mean ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT) more important nowadays. 'the fuсk care about user interface, when we need more skins. We need more skins, keys and chests, right OWI?

 

 

When you think about it this way, you OWI not better than EA or Valve which care only about taking money from their customers and not about quality of the product. I am going to be so happy to be wrong after Squad release. It's if I am going to be wrong. But now when you have to work on optimization, you release fuсking(cyrillic с - different keycode, so it doesn't hide it behind ***) skins and fuсking vehicles. **** skins and **** vehicles. What's the point of that shit if you can't play this ****ing game because it crashes every 10 minutes and when you play this game in-between crashes you get 20 FPS, anyway?

 

On 9/2/2016 at 7:22 PM, twoxs said:

No i wont buy an 16:9 monitor.

Get a job, then. Or you won't get a job either?  sarcastic.gif

 

On 9/2/2016 at 7:22 PM, twoxs said:

Yes i had an option to switch for an bigger monitor but i did not. Yes i am kinda of nerd.

If you ask me, in my opinion that's maybe one of the most dumb things to play on 4:3 monitor at 16:9 resolution. If you want to play on your CRT so much, then get 2 more CRTs, connect all 3 to your PC and get 48:12 image. It would be almost like three 16:9 monitors together..

 

Edited by KulaGGin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KulaGGin said:

 

...

 

When you think about it this way, you OWI not better than EA or Valve which care only about taking money from their customers and not about quality of the product. I am going to be so happy to be wrong after Squad release. It's if I am going to be wrong. But now when you have to work on optimization, you release fuсking(cyrillic с - different keycode, so it doesn't hide it behind ***) skins and fuсking vehicles. **** skins and **** vehicles. What's the point of that shit if you can't play this ****ing game because it crashes every 10 minutes and when you play this game in-between crashes you get 20 FPS, anyway?

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

After posting up this particular section in your rant I have to ask......Do you feel better now?

 

You have been around here long enough to make over 600 posts so Im sure that you have read, heard and maybe even seen that the Dev's have stated that the game is still "ALPHA".  I will even go so far as to say that I dont think that any of the Dev's have bought a new house, a new Cadillac from all the obscene money that they are getting from the game just like EA, Valve or any of the other big AAA studios.  I mean, come on, give that head of yours a shake.  Should OWI be working on the game, the fixes, the AMD problems that really arent of their making, or overhauling everything so that one old monitor can play the game and look right?

 

I love posts like yours because it just re-affirms my old belief that some people wake up in the morning the same way they went to sleep the night before and that would be stupid, errrrrrr, silly.

Edited by -Steve-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -Steve- said:

After posting up this particular section in your rant I have to ask......Do you feel better now?

Yes

 

1 minute ago, -Steve- said:

You have been around here long enough to make over 500 posts so Im sure that you have read, heard and maybe even seen that the Dev's have stated that the game is still "ALPHA".

That's just a bullshit which is used everywhere to make an exuse and explain people why they can't fix problems. They did release vehicles and skins, right? But FPS? Nah. Do you know why? Because vehicles and skins are a lot more profitable than FPS or UI fixes. Meaning it isn't about making quality product, it's about making more people to just purchase the product. And it doesn't matter if they will ever launch the game.

 

I was saying they should release optimization patches and not maps/skins/modes/vehicles or any other content before they actually fix performance problems.

 

Have you ever heard of quality assurence engineers? That's what we are at the moment. As af as I know they should pay me to play this game with bugs, lags and glitches because then after game I come to this forum and report bugs to the devs. Just like author of this thread did.

 

1 minute ago, -Steve- said:

I will even go so far as to say that I dont think that any of the Dev's have bought a new house, a new Cadillac from all the obscene money that they are getting from the game just like EA

http://steamspy.com/app/393380

Of course, devs didn't buy new houses. That's not how it works. Coders, designers, artists etc. are just doing their job and getting paid. Owners are getting all the money from sells. And owners aren't devs. In this case one owner might be the dev at the same time but it doesn't mean that all devs are owners and they will not buy new houses.

 

1 minute ago, -Steve- said:

Should OWI be working on the game, the fixes, the AMD problems that really arent of their making, or overhauling everything so that one old monitor can play the game and look right?

Man, this isn't about a 4:3 monitor. This is about optimization and attitude of nowadays eterprise to the customer.

Edited by KulaGGin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the whole system is totally ****ed up and geared only toward one final goal and that goal is to stick it to the Jack's and Jill's of this world to separate them from their hard earned money to pad their own lofty needs.....

 

Why then are you still buying games, getting pissed off after getting (in your opinion) screwed over again only to buy the next game on the whispered prayer that this next game "WILL BE THE ONE" while in your heart you already have made up your mind that once again you have been had.  Do you enjoy the pain? 

 

Please try to get it through your head that not every gaming group, studio, Dev, level designer is out to get you.  There are many that are doing a fantastic job and only want the best for their customers and I feel that OWI is one of those companies.  You dont have to agree with me as I would never ask that of you or anyone.  I actually agree with you to some degree that there are some AAA studios that are more concerned with pleasing their shareholders than their customers and yet they still manage to produce a game that while possibly being flawed still provides many hours of entertainment.

 

The more that I think about it I am getting the distinct impression that you demand perfection and perfection my friend does not exist.  Have you ever been to a restaurant and ordered a steak that was not perfect?  Did you eat it, send it back or what?  Did you give feedback so that they could improve or did you just leave and never go back? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

When you think about it this way, you OWI not better than EA or Valve which care only about taking money from their customers and not about quality of the product. I am going to be so happy to be wrong after Squad release. It's if I am going to be wrong. But now when you have to work on optimization, you release fuсking(cyrillic с - different keycode, so it doesn't hide it behind ***) skins and fuсking vehicles. **** skins and **** vehicles. What's the point of that shit if you can't play this ****ing game because it crashes every 10 minutes and when you play this game in-between crashes you get 20 FPS, anyway?

 

3 hours ago, KulaGGin said:

That's just a bullshit which is used everywhere to make an exuse and explain people why they can't fix problems. They did release vehicles and skins, right? But FPS? Nah. Do you know why? Because vehicles and skins are a lot more profitable than FPS or UI fixes. Meaning it isn't about making quality product, it's about making more people to just purchase the product. And it doesn't matter if they will ever launch the game.

 

http://steamspy.com/app/393380

Of course, devs didn't buy new houses. That's not how it works. Coders, designers, artists etc. are just doing their job and getting paid. Owners are getting all the money from sells. And owners aren't devs. In this case one owner might be the dev at the same time but it doesn't mean that all devs are owners and they will not buy new houses.

 

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

 

§2 Attitude & Behavior

Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

 

§5 Attitude towards Squad and the Development Team
As per §1 and §2, keep in mind to be respectful and reasonable, not only towards all users of the forum, but also towards the Squad Team and towards any ideas and content and the game itself. Criticism is welcome, but if it is not constructive and/or if it is offensive, the Moderation may need to step in. Please refrain from posting if you are upset, angry or drunk, or you may be punished for things you wouldn’t have otherwise written, which is not in anyone's interest.

 

http://forums.joinsquad.com/announcement/11-forum-rules/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×