Chuc

June 2015

looking good, looking good!

loving the new founders skins! cant wait to get a first person view of them.

also.... PRONE and RUSSIA ...                          WOOP

awesome job guys, keep it up! 

I REALLY hope you guys make "render-to-texture" for scopes available as an option, rather than to just simply removing it completely. So that those who can/choose to run it, actually can run it if desired. Surely you guys are more than skilled enough to pull that off like other games have.. and lets not forget how much better "render-to-texture" will run when DX12 is out, where it then becomes much more plausible to run for most people.

It's just one of those immersion things that make a game feel that extra bit of engaging, intensifies the scenario, even though it may seem like a small thing..

Great update!

Those founders weapons skins are great, I loved them, specially the AK. I'm excited about the russian army, I'd love to see pictures of them. 

PROOOOOOOOOOONE!

Special Founder's Weapon Skins look sweet, and realistically grounded (wasn't exactly expecting Tiger skins either anyway). Can't wait to run around with those.

Whoever is doing the vehicles, they look really realistic, in some games they miss that heavy feeling that it really is a vehicle weighing many tons.

I REALLY hope you guys make "render-to-texture" for scopes available as an option, rather than to just simply removing it completely. So that those who can/choose to run it, actually can run it if desired. Surely you guys are more than skilled enough to pull that off like other games have.. and lets not forget how much better "render-to-texture" will run when DX12 is out, where it then becomes much more plausible to run for most people.

It's just one of those immersion things that make a game feel that extra bit of engaging, intensifies the scenario, even though it may seem like a small thing..

If some breakthrough happens that allows the scopes to render, we might see them make a return. However, there isn't really a group of people who can run it; even the prototypical implementation of it was extremely low resolution and framerate, and still caused a significant performance impact. Many of these games that do have render-to-texture optics have much smaller battlefields, with "fog of war" and not a lot of world detail to allow for them to perform, but the same cannot be said for Squad; massive maps, with high/infinite view distance, and lots of detail in certain areas means that this game will likely have a much higher performance cost.

It's just not plausible right now. Maybe the Unreal Engine updates will make some great optimizations that allow for it to make a return, maybe DX12 will have some sort of impact... but right now we don't and can't know. Yes, it's super cool, and a lot of us wish it had worked out, but it's really not something feasible right now.

I fanboyed all over the place when I read the update on Inverse Kinematics and the prone function!
Happy America Day folks, and here's to the veterans.  ;)

Oooooooooh *rubs hands together

Looking forward to that hot, steamy pre-alpha announcement. My loins can sense it. Deep, deep in the loins.

Godspeed devs. Godspeed.

Oooooooooh *rubs hands together

Looking forward to that hot, steamy pre-alpha announcement. My loins can sense it. Deep, deep in the loins.

Godspeed devs. Godspeed.

I assume they are sirloins

Can i add the pre alpha game on steam as a non steam game so i can add screenshots to steam?

i want to make my friends jealous :)

Loving the weathered/worn look of the weapons and vehicles. Nice work.

How many mappers does the team have? I wanna see dat Karkand :D