Sign in to follow this  
-MG

Fatal errors ?!?!?!

Whas up guys ?, 

Yeaaah i'm sure it has been brought up already before but, these crashes are becoming unbareable. 
I can't play a game anymore for 30 minutes straight before ''fatal crashing'' i'm not a programmer by anymeans but i'm certain that there is a nasty error in the compiling of the scripts that makes game lock up and crash. Will this be adressed soon ?. Also will the optimization be adressed aswel anytime soon ?. I understand the game is still inAlpha please don't explain me. It's just that i started playing again recently after 2 weeks, i intially stopped due very bad frame drops which seems somewhat to be better now. But now the crashing untopof that makes the game very difficult to play :(.

I hope someone can shine some light on this :) 

Thx

Edited by -MG

It's very much work in progress, try reconnecting  on the end of the round seems to help a lot f people. Dunno if there any new news

Hello and welcome to Squad @-MG,

yep, it has been brought up several times since v7.0. thx.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?type=all&q=fatal+error

things that might help:

1. delete the %localappdata%\Squad folder (after every patch)
  2. reconnect to the server after the round ended
  3. experimental:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config\DefaultEngine.ini
    [/Script/Engine.StreamingSettings]
    s.AsyncLoadingThreadEnabled=False

since v7.2 Squad is a bit more stable.
v7.2 changelog 08/19/2016

Fix for physx crashing [The most common crash currently]. Added a workaround in vehicle physics assets for a deeper bug in physx.

Fixed a common crash caused by a landscape material issue.
Fixed a crash related to vehicle seat code.

Spoiler

Allowed sounds shorter than 10 seconds to be loaded async on map load as a fix for some of the stuttering issues players have been seeing.
Fixed a number of issues with collision meshes on environment objects.
Removed unneeded landscape hole material from Operation First Light.
Disabled ribbons in effects for time being to negate a memory leak.
Optimized tick rate on effects. (ie not realtime).
Removed a few trace messages in the source to reduce some log spam.
Made an adjustment to the trace channels and presets used in vehicle collisions to accomodate another vehicle fix.
Pushed a simple collision setup for the radiotower, moving it from complex to simple collision, which should stop it from crashing people.
Foliage Cvar exploit fixes.
Added some ambeint sounds to Yehorivka and Sumari.
Updated default unbound binding text to "None" from "QWE".
Checked all collision assets for physmat assignment.
Added wheel effects on ural.
Reduced wheel effects to 4 on all vehicle types.
Assigned wreck meshes to "block all".
Increase m2 yaw to 30 degrees from 25.

some statements from developers

On 22.8.2016 at 11:08 PM, Drav said:

Weve actually fixed a bunch of em, but ye, a few we couldnt fix while we were at Gamescom. Rest assured the programming team is looking into them and will release a hotfix as soon as theres progress.

On 22.8.2016 at 11:51 PM, Motherdear said:

Just to add a bit to this, the fatal crash that is happening is actually a set of different crashes that just all end with the same crash report. We have removed the absolute worst offenders, which were due to a very difficult to track down physx bug, but alas there are still crash bugs that happen (but more infrequent than the before mentioned)

On 31-8-2016 at 8:27 PM, beginna said:

Hello and welcome to Squad @-MG,

yep, it has been brought up several times since v7.0. thx.

http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?type=all&q=fatal+error

things that might help:

1. delete the %localappdata%\Squad folder (after every patch)
  2. reconnect to the server after the round ended
  3. experimental:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\Squad\Config\DefaultEngine.ini
    [/Script/Engine.StreamingSettings]
    s.AsyncLoadingThreadEnabled=False

since v7.2 Squad is a bit more stable.
v7.2 changelog 08/19/2016

some statements from developers

Thanks, but it made no difference. Even now with the new hot fix. As a matter of fact i even get fatal errors now just in the main menu lol. 

Edited by -MG

1 hour ago, Spectral said:

Do you have any crash dumps?

Can you elaborate ?. PS: before Patch 7 i had no issues at all. 

Edited by -MG

1 hour ago, Spectral said:

Do you have any crash dumps?

Hey I crashed twice today and my 2 crash dumps combine for a whopping 10GB. It would take me like 12 hours to upload, but do you guys want them?

Also they weren't even fatals, the game just completely froze up and I had to end the process manually.

8 hours ago, -MG said:

Can you elaborate ?. PS: before Patch 7 i had no issues at all. 

When you crash, head to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Squad\Saved\Logs

yjxXCzc.png

zip the log file and the UE4CC-Windows folder containing the dmp file.

upload the zip file and post the link here,

or upload the zip file in the #support discord channel. (easy drag&drop)

8 hours ago, Nash said:

Hey I crashed twice today and my 2 crash dumps combine for a whopping 10GB. It would take me like 12 hours to upload, but do you guys want them?

Also they weren't even fatals, the game just completely froze up and I had to end the process manually.

afaik, these dumps get that big if you use "-fullcrashdump" as a launch option. (but I guess you know that.)

Spoiler

WEVcfCf.png

on a personal note:

depending on my upload speed, I'd only use that parameter when being asked upon. simply because it needs some serious "commitment" to upload these huge files.

if you decide to do so:

upload file and post the link here or in the #support discord channel.

only had one crash in 4-5 hours of play last night, i was afk and came back to desktop so no idea what happened.

Great work on the bug squashing.

Bought the game last night, so it was a clean install, fps 40-70, but I had 4 Fatal Errors (usually when starting a new match) and couple of memory leaks.

Hello and welcome to Squad @Vitriol,

18 minutes ago, Vitriol said:

[...] Fatal Errors (usually when starting a new match) [...]

as I said before, usually reconnecting to the server after the round ended helps avoiding the one fatal error crash in the beginning of a round.

Anyways, I hope you are having a good time despite the fatal errors.

@beginnaThanks mate,

game's still in its infancy, so, tbh I didn't expect much and bugs/crashes don't bother me at all at the moment. Squad has so much potential and since I was looking to focus on milsim shooter and Arma's too clunky for me Squad came at the right time.

The only thing that bothers me right now (and probably will be fixed/polished) are the animations, weapon sway (while moving around) and responsiveness. Looks like an autistic ballerina and I'm comparing it to Insurgency which is probably the best shooter out there. (unpopular opinion here certainly, but if you haven't spent 800+ hours in it, you don't know what I'm talking about) I played Squad last night from 9pm to 4am and I'm dying at work atm. No sleep for me over the weekend! =)

@beginna

afaik, these dumps get that big if you use "-fullcrashdump" as a launch option. (but I guess you know that.)

I've been running -fullcrashdump ever since I knew about it, and my fatal errors were never more than a few hundreds KB's.

Edited by Nash

hmm, strange.

afaik, the difference between minidump and fullcrashdump:

• minidump files allow the devs to dive into the stack trace in order to determine how and when the game crashed. (filesize: KB to MB)
  • fullcrashdump = full memory dump files contain the content of the virtual memory for Squad (therefore the big filesize in GB). these files are the most useful when troubleshooting unknown issues.