Chuc

August 2016 Monthly Recap

Disco   

Didn't expect recap this month and that makes it even better... That pic together is looking great! Nice to hear that team is strong!

Glad to hear that you recharged your batteries (at least a little) and are back on track!

Edited by Disco

5 hours ago, DesmoLocke said:

This is the August Monthly Update. Not the Alpha 8 Release Notes.

Those apartment blocks should be interesting for gameplay! :o

Yeh the buildings look great, as long as we can get on top of every building.

Really looking forward to the addition of urban buildings. Also, it seems that BTR isn't the turreted version we have in game. Perhaps another variant for later down the line? 

Keep it up devs.

12 minutes ago, Raklödder said:

I like how the medics are getting some love and hopefully you had enough time to taste a few german beverages.

You can see them consuming german beverages ;)

http://media.joinsquad.com/2016/Sept/AugustRecap/mdtonto.jpg

21 minutes ago, Raklödder said:

I like how the medics are getting some love and hopefully you had enough time to taste a few german beverages.

Good thing a bottle doesn't cost a fortune here. Prost!

Assifuah   

Beautiful stuff guys, getting me super hyped for the urban sets.

The US model additions and expansions were unexpected too! :D

Love the new apartment block sets!

A minor, minor "complaint": I know its Eastern Europe, but can we exchange those old Soviet billboard posters for something more modern?

Like Hardbass Festival posters or commercials for some delicious borsch :)

All looking great and thanks for the effort Devs! Help me to look better as a Rambo Medic. Can not wait to go urban: house to house, building to building block to block, oh man really looking cool!

Love the PS images....really funny!!

Kudos to All in Squad Community!!! 

B|

Bruno_G   
6 hours ago, koschilein said:

Nice recap, love the eastern European assets!

EDT: And also dj @Bruno_G (It is bruno right?)

EDT2: well duhhhh one can read it if you hover over the picture... I am stupid!

Da ^^

Ratface   

Looking great ;D

I look forward to the recap where we get to see ATMG's or SPG's whenever that'll be. Mortars are going to make me so happy, but the best feeling in the world is nailing a BTR with a TOW from across the map ;D

Keep on going, hope you guys enjoyed your time off! Nothing quite beats video games and schnitzel in my book ;)

Bwaha glad you guys are liking them. Mught have to start a seperate thread whwn I get then all up. 

Btw, those new apt blocks are looking amazing!!

Edited by grimshadow

Togisan   

Devs , good update but there are too many things were not realised yet from earlier recaps, so I have no hope for this year for this recap's content. If we turn realities , fix this " fatal error " issue or give us some information about where you are for a solution urgently please..You're very silent about this critical issue. I hope that you can succeed to bring your selves from Germany as a complete ( especially mentality) and to work. But as I can see from recaps foto content, you are still in illusion..

Thanks for the info in advance

Regards

Nicely done recap! I look forward to urban battles with all of you guys! I was really hoping to see the Stryker and possibly TrueSky though. Maybe we'll possibly see it in the changlelog for Alpha 8. It nice to see that you devs had a good time at Gamescom and were able to unwind a bit before heading back to work. ^_^ I'm definitely going to have to read that interview when I get the chance. Anyways, without further a do, here's my video of the recap. ;)

Also,  look what I spotted in this pic! 

urban6_zps65xzahcp.jpg

Edited by WarEagle751

23 minutes ago, Togisan said:

You're very silent about this critical issue...

By RoyAwesome on Reddit:
"Can't answer timeframe questions. This is not something you make constant progress on and will eventually finish after a set timeframe.

The issue is that when you load a new map, some of the terrain tiles fail to load the physical material, so that when objects want to do things based on the physical material (like wheel effects, footsteps, etc), your client crashes. This is why it doesn't crash right away when the map loads, but when the match starts, as that is when all the objects spawn in that need to query the physical material of the terrain they are on top of.

Why it's happening? Not 100% sure. We thought it was a broken terrain material (since one of the material nodes broke in 4.12), but after fixing it the crash persists. Right now we are playing around with the dirt physmat and trying to force it to not crash when it comes up with an invalid physmat. If that works, we'll probably push the patch live and investigate the real cause."

10 hours ago, koschilein said:

I think the gear is just for testing purpose, I highly doubt we will see the medic with that many magazines/pouches in the game.

Of course we will see the medic with "that many" magazines, it's authentic :) 

6 mags are completely normal, some dudes carry even more.

Edited by carmikaze