Chuc

August 2016 Monthly Recap

Just now, Maki said:

I thought the next update was on optimization.

This is the August Monthly Update. Not the Alpha 8 Release Notes.

Those apartment blocks should be interesting for gameplay! :o

42 minutes ago, justachap said:

That first image for the updated US model is for the Medic?

I think the gear is just for testing purpose, I highly doubt we will see the medic with that many magazines/pouches in the game.

I really really love the different look for different classes. I hope that in the future we can easly see how is the medic and who in an AR/LAT/HAT/Granadier etc. simply by watching him. For all faction!

Keep the good work boys!

TheNirl   

It's great that work on the current models is still ongoing. It'll be very helpful in hardcore modes to be able to tell who is who without resorting to the map, or comms. Hopefully, we'll get an animation for simple weapon holding, without it looking like players are constantly aiming down their sights.

I also hope the urban building get added soon. I think the wide variety of approaches and tactically important locations was one of the things that brought pacing down in PR and forced people to fight harder over secondary objectives before advancing onto primary objectives. What map do you guys think it was in the screenshots? Yehorivka? Gorodok? *giddiness ensues*

Kdotman   

Nice too see the devs are spending our hard earn't cash on Holidays and breaks. -.-. Well Deserved rest from what? Your last progress update post was two months ago -.-.

21 minutes ago, Kdotman said:

Nice too see the devs are spending our hard earn't cash on Holidays and breaks. -.-. Well Deserved rest from what? Your last progress update post was two months ago -.-.

If you can read the v7 update post states, that pretty much everything they have been working on that month was implemented in the update, so they didnt make a post.

People need breaks, otherwise your boss, country, school or whatever could tell you the same. 

Also: It's their hard earned cash they are spending. 

Also: If you were trolling, you totally got me.

Trancer   

Haha, that's funny coming from someone who probably doesn't put in 70-80 hour work weeks like many on Squad do.  We earned a break!

fidanym   

Nice stuff, It's good that we are getting urban maps but I have one suggestion for the Eastern European cities, especially for smaller towns. The roads are way too wide. Put two cars next to each other and you should just more than half a meter of free space on each side of the road.