CaptFacePwn

RCON Tool?

I see the web based one but im not paying 5 bucks a month to admin the server. So is there a tool out there comparable to Battlewarden? or something to that effect?

I dont think that there is anything else available that I am aware of.  $5 per month for a good running, dependable, user friendly, supported program really isnt a real hardship to a clan nor a person.  Seriously, it is only the equivalent of 2 or 3 cups of coffee per month.

Honestly, most battlefield clans use a similar tool called rconnet, which is far more expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

There is a free solution (and obviously open source), which Spectral has linked above. Please note that it is still under development with some testing and bug fixing going on. Once it is complete and bug-free then I'm sure an announcement will be made.

@SpectralHey is Squad RCON protocol build on top of the Valve RCON protocol with some modifications? I'm trying to understand with my limited knowledge the SquadRemoteAdmin code. If i can reference to Valve RCON in some areas it would be easier to understand what is done in the source and what the Squad specific modifications are.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

I just asked a major game servers provider very similar question and they said that, according to their knowledge, Squad does not implement any of the standard query protocols which makes it an exception and requires quite a few workarounds to get a decent console / control panel going.

I see, but is the difference in admin commands used or in the TCP/UDP RCON protocol itself. I'm more interested on the communication level bytes and bits more than the actual admin/RCON commands. I'm trying to modify one existing opensource desktop program (object pascal) to support Squad as a plain learning / hobby project, if it works out I may then maybe fork (or build own version from scratch with better license) it and extend it a bit and share with the community. Not that it would happen anytime soon, I have schedule similar of DNforever ..because n00b. Server CFG configuration program is easy task, wich I'm partly done, but this RCON part is totally new stuff to me.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-