kaykay

Squad Turkey announced implementation of Turkish Armed Forces in upcoming mod

The link to the announcement here: http://forum.squadturkiye.com/showthread.php?tid=13

Now I'm wondering if this is indeed anything official from the (international) Squad team or is this rather a mod than anything official? If yes, what kind of conflicts will this conclude? TAF vs PKK or more likely some fictional warfare against maybe Russian Armed Forces or a Syrian based conflict?

I'm pretty happy about this announcement anyway, wether this is a mod or not. I think as Turkey is the 2nd largest NATO member and has one of the most important geo-strategic territory this will contribute to some really new experience we didn't have in Project Reality. Also seeing that Squad has introduced the G3 it will reduce some work since TAF mainly uses the G3 as primary rifle atm., but it will soon be replaced by the MPT-76. 

Greetz,

kemaliciouZ from PR.

Highly doubt it, SquadTurkiye is not part of OWI or officially affilated with Squad.

That and I doubt we'll see more NATO factions after the british for a time, they all kind of use the same stuff, I'd much more prefer China and perhaps a south american faction (Argentina / Brazil?)

I'd love to see a nordic faction but that's a dream far far away I think :D

32 minutes ago, Nordic said:

Highly doubt it, SquadTurkiye is not part of OWI or officially affilated with Squad.

This

That is nothing official on our end. 

Maybe they mean they will do it as a full conversion rather than an additional mod?

I will have a read!

7 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Maybe they mean they will do it as a full conversion rather than an additional mod?

Unfortuately I do not think that is the case, but I could also be wrong.

(Badly) translated, from the last post there: "This project is not a mode of production. Make content will be added as an official Squad."

17 minutes ago, IRONXBAY said:

(Badly) translated, from the last post there: "This project is not a mode of production. Make content will be added as an official Squad."

thats still very unclear but yeah. we have no agreements with anyone but maybe they are stating intent?  thats a different story. 

if its good quality and comes with maps.. anything is possible. 

On 27.8.2016 at 7:12 PM, IRONXBAY said:

Yeah, that's what it kinda says. Have you talked with them by now IrOnTaXi?

Edited by kaykay

I just hope Squad eventually adds a faction that primarily uses battle rifles for the sake of gameplay.

Like for the MEC in PR, they excelled at long distance engagements, but we're limited when it came to CQC combat.

Are there any news? Did you guys talk with "Squad Turkey" and their intentions? They still seem to claim that this is an official implementation...

37 minutes ago, Aetla said:

That's confusing, is it official or not? 

No, it isn't Official.

The devs have been saying that they're willing to add high quality mods to the game as official content for a long time. That's what Ir0nTaxi is talking about, if SquadTurkiye make a Turkish Faction mod by themselves, then OWI would be willing to add it to the game if it's high enough quality.

Please, lets take a pass on more dudes with Aks vs other dudes with AKs.

1 hour ago, Stom said:

No, it isn't Official.

The devs have been saying that they're willing to add high quality mods to the game as official content for a long time. That's what Ir0nTaxi is talking about, if SquadTurkiye make a Turkish Faction mod by themselves, then OWI would be willing to add it to the game if it's high enough quality.

Thanks for the clarification. :) In fact it's way better to see the worth of quality of the project first. Coz, apart from the blurry announcement we have nothing to see. As a modder from Total War community all i could say is such projects are a long run and requires a dedicated team and countless hours of hard work.

I hope they achieve the goals what they aimed. And in the future and if the devs allow such works to add the game official content it may create a genuine competition for such people and groups to create even more quality content for the fellow Squadies. Modders are blessing for many games and community.

Godspeed chaps, 

I have taken out some posts of personal attacks and racism.

Stay ontopic without attacking each other.

Spoiler

§1 Show Respect

This community can only work if we all respect each other. To that end, it is imperative that any time you engage with another user, either directly or indirectly, you show them respect with the content of your post. In particular refrain from flaming, insulting, abusing, taunting, racism, and other similar types of actions towards other forum users.

§2 Attitude & Behavior

Poor attitude and behavior are the most common ways a negative / unsafe environment is created and perpetuated. As such that kind of behavior will not be allowed on these forums. Please be mindful of this rule when posting personal positions and opinions regarding topics which could be considered contentious in nature. As a rule of thumb, keep your posts civil in nature, and refrain from making posts that are likely to incite arguments and create a negative environment. As a privately hosted web forum we reserve the right to maintain an environment that we are happy the majority of our players are comfortable with.

On 15.10.2016 at 2:46 PM, Voice said:

Please, lets take a pass on more dudes with Aks vs other dudes with AKs.

I think the Turkish armed forces use the G3 and MG3(and PKM if memory serves).

On 18.10.2016 at 8:53 PM, Kneecap said:

I think the Turkish armed forces use the G3 and MG3(and PKM if memory serves).

That's right, our army uses the G3 and its variants as the main rifle. Some troops and special forces already operate with the MPT-76, according to latest news, by 2017, the MPT-76 will be the main rifle in the infantry and replace the G3. They are already in production.