Sign in to follow this  
the_seeing_eye

Do you think 500 tickets are too much?

do you think 500 tickets are a little bit too much?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. 500 tickets little bit too much?

• yes
    • no

I feel a lot of the game is missed when people rush to the point's and win quickly. For me 20-30 mins fights are just over too quick.

I prefer matches of at least over one hour, so it actually feels like a fight between the teams. 500 tickets right now is pretty good, more wouldn't be bad i think. Eventually tho i think it should be server-sided so everyone can pick and choose to play what they want.

Squads not really the kind of game that last 30mins. A match should be an hour long atleast so tactics can be applied. PRs long matches is something that really shines.

I like it better now than the previous skirmish-like 30-40 minute rounds. It's more epic now with more opportunity for come-backs and back and forth battles. The large maps in Squad just don't feel suitable for quick matches unless you're playing on the actual skirmish layers where the flags are close together.

One thing we may start to see is stalemates, neither squad attacking their enemy's objective, leading to some pretty dynamic gameplay such as skirmishes, building up defences/ forward outposts, shoot and scoots, guerila tactics, search party's, etc. That's what's beginning to evolve with the clan matches. Therefore, a match can take 2 hours to finish. The more serious clans/players might want more time as killing the enemy and taking their objective might not be as important as building bases and supply lines. 

Was it like that on PR?

Yes I've experienced countless two hour games on bigd in pr and a few three to four hour games on American servers. I don't know what it's been like since 1.2 though

. All public matches I should say

I think the matches are a little shorter than I'd like, and the areas we fight on the map less varied then I'd like.  But the devs have said they're shooting for random generation of buildings, etc. For me the most fun matches consist of periods of assault and periods of prepping defenses then defending.  Losing the war is fine as long as you win some battles.  Endless movement, assault and flag taking reminds me too much of Conquest in BF.

I like matches to take over an hour, building fobs and supply chains just feel much more rewarding.

Yo the ticket capture points changed, the fob take down changed, the vehicles have been introduced. it's needed for sure otherwise games would be way too short

BTW can someone post up the figures for flag captures now? Like Yeho is 60 per flag or somen like that... we have no change log on this matter.. as usual

Honestly I think we are at a decent middle ground right now for battle times. In general a round can last between 45 minutes to an hour. With a few times even getting to 1.5 hours. If you start making them last more commonly in the 1.5 to 2 hour ranges, I think it may actually affect play-ability for much of the player demographics. Squad already takes a "certain" kind of player to be very patient. Increasing that could alienate some. I think if we were to increase the ticket count, it should be on a more local end (such as a clan server or events server) who want to create a very long battle for more hard core players.

Don't mistake me here, I love the longer battles. I just think that the better option would be to allow ticket manipulation for special events, not all official servers a whole.

Its good to have the server hosts have a choice with variety. Like battlfield's conquest large they allow different ticket counts and sometimes i like a short game or sometimes get really into a competivite longer one.

Do you think that if the ticket count is increased , it would be getting so easy to press the "give up" button ? The results showing that the game is not on the path of pr especially with this type community. If community wants,  we can change medic role with a Rambo gunner..let's create a pole for that also..

the ticket counts should be decreased..

Edited by Togisan

35 minutes ago, Togisan said:

Do you think that if the ticket count is increased , it would be getting so easy to press the "give up" button ? The results showing that the game is not on the path of pr especially with this type community. If community wants,  we can change medic role with a Rambo gunner..let's create a pole for that also..

the ticket counts should be decreased..

The amount of tickets at your disposal should have no impact on whether you waste tickets for your team or not. Just because the match has started and you have full tickets doesn't mean you can just give up all the time. I've seen many matches that ended with less than 10 ticket difference, even a few matches where one team won by 1 ticket. This whole "We have 20 tickets left, stop giving up!" mentality some people have is driving me crazy. Whether you have 500 or 20 tickets doesn't matter at all, just don't waste them in either case.

With that being said, it's a no from me on the 500 tickets being too much.

*edit* If I remember correctly, PR even has/had a 1200 ticket map variants, now that was a total overkill. Even with a larger amount of assets being deployed each game still took up to two hours, and that just wasn't fun most of the time.

Edited by MultiSquid

For where the game is right now I think a timer of max  1 hour is right.

This is enough time to play with tactics (but get on with it), but also respects the players time slots at home as it's fixed.

If it's longer playing matches with 2 rounds to switch sides becomes difficult for many of us.

Right now the matches are perfect.  Going forward I'd like to see server side adjustments so we can pick long or short as we see fit.