Marv

TROPICAL THUNDER (WIP)

In order "To seduce the females!" I`ve started this topic. I`d like to show a map that I´ve been workin on..

SQUAD map that I am working on in my spare time.

You might have seen something about this on the Wrench or the Squad monthly recap, or on YT videos by other authors.

This map started from topography of one of many pacific islands. I manipulated the landscape, and I am using a modified version of the FoolsRoad landscape material. Foliage is mostly SQUAD SDK official foliage and DOKYOS Lowpoly-Rainforest assets. Game-modes will be Insurgency and AAS - probably a day and night version, depending on the game mode. Framerate is just about fine - I might find ways to optimize it tho.

Capzones are mostly abandoned ruins in the jungle - doesn´t make much sense, I get it. Since there are no roads on the map (currently), It will be an INFANTRY-only map. I still have to work out proper SFX to make the whole thing appear more bearable - currently its like the lord of the crickets is holding a concert. Full moon is custom made, - there is a good tutorial on YT for that. The water material is translucent, and eating up a lot of shader complexity.

Oh, did I mention that the map comes with custom player textures for the RU faction ? Russians will look somewhat 2006-2009ish, with oldskool wooden furniture AK74S and stuff.

Anyhow, here´s a bunch of screenshots:

fatpeople_14puso.jpg

llo2uiy1j.jpg

llo3ubzxu.jpg

llo44dlp4.jpg

ru_army_2009_037ts8j.jpg

llo124lr2.jpgfatpeople_2i3zx1.jpg

Edited by Marv

43 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Throws panties....

*Sniffs them euphroic* , *tastes the endorsement*

I might need some help with some stuff that I can´t come up with myself.
I will outsource some work as REQUESTS for models and blueprints..

What I am currently thinking of:
-  (Modeller + Coder request) Boats (civilian, military, whatever) with proper blueprints/coding to make em swim on the physMaterial called "water" wich is a minor ingredient of Beer.
- (Modeller request) CoConuts and Bananas with proper LOD`s and Materials (.fbx)
- (Modeller request) Beerbottles, Beercans - proper LOD´s, Materials.. you know :)

- Signal/illumination flares + blueprint to make em light up the sky whenever a capzone gets neutralized. anyone in for such a request?

- Military and Civilian tents.. and a civilian Kayak (or whatever those hipster vegan boats are called).
- (Modeller request) Proper WW2 japanese (or fictional) wrecks of vehicles, Cannons, planes... very rusty...
- license free night time atmospherig/generic soundFX

- (Modeller + animator +2D artist request) a fictional Guerilla/Army with the G3 as their standard armament
- A hint on where exactly to switch the rounds from normal to tracer in the blueprints
- (Modeller request) A Shipwreck of some kind, or several parts of a ship that hit the coast some time ago,...

Once I go for any of these, I might start a seperate Requests topic.. lets see :)

8 minutes ago, Kalbouneh said:

you wont see shit in this map lol

You will not need to adjust your gamma, and you probably wont need NVG´s. Full Moon w. proper lighting makes things OK. Also I made sure that the players eye adjusts to the darkness within seconds (yep, thats a feature).

Will try to have em  (NVG´s) in there anyhow ;)

Impressive work.
Looking forward to seeing it in action.

7 hours ago, IrOnTaXi said:

Throws panties....

this ^

great work so far Marv ;)

19 hours ago, Marv said:

You will not need to adjust your gamma, and you probably wont need NVG´s. Full Moon w. proper lighting makes things OK. Also I made sure that the players eye adjusts to the darkness within seconds (yep, thats a feature).

Will try to have em  (NVG´s) in there anyhow ;)

sounds good the full moon looks sexy

thank you ;)

also if u can add like some sounds like owls these night animals etc. i dont know if its possiable in UE4