Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Grenade trap Sandbags

While building a double sandbag wall someone suggested a grenade wall behind it.  The round ended before I was able to ask. He said was used in Afghanistan in real life. Any one got details on what he was talking about.

Is it a smaller wall that you jump behind? Between the double wall.

id guess that its a smaller wall built close behind the main wall, incase of a grenade being thrown in to the center of the compound, people inside have something to hide behind without running outside into open fire. Just a guess though.

Well testing you can have grenade go off next to a sandbag and your behind it you take no damage. pilbox one if you see the grenade, through the hole you take damage. so suppose having multiple walls inside would lessen the chance of taking damage inside. :)

This should be a new standard FOB strat, having a bunch of sandbag walls inside of compounds to prevent being nade spammed.

Most people do this if in a compound.  I know I do.  I set sandbags or barbwire at entrance and then a secondary wall 5-10 meters back.  It's not perfect but it will slow down the the incoming round and frag damage.

I already set up my fobs with nade barriers placed around the area. And control movements into the fob and from the radio becon to slum off nades being thrown in and create a fall back "Alamo" style when things start getting over run