Sign in to follow this  
frederico0102

Low gpu usage in nvidia GTX 680 4GB

I have a problem, when entering the squad on an empty server my fps is around 90 and uses 100 % of my graphics card already when entering a full server, my use of the card drops to 60 % and drops to 30 fps

this bug happen only with squad!

My config: 

Corsair AX 860
 System: Windows 10 64bits
 Processor: Core I7 2600 3.4 GHZ
Ram: 14gb
HD: 2 TB
Graphics Card: GTX 680 4 GB
Sound Card: Sound 7.1
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
HeadSet: Siberia V2
Mouse Pad: QCK
Screen: TV 42 LG + Monitor 15 LG (i am use one screen to play)

Edited by frederico0102

Yeah this is because your gpu is actually waiting for your cpu to finish working each frame, so its spends a lot of time not actually doing anything. This is one of the things we hope to drastically improve for Alpha8

16 hours ago, Drav said:

Yeah this is because your gpu is actually waiting for your cpu to finish working each frame, so its spends a lot of time not actually doing anything. This is one of the things we hope to drastically improve for Alpha8

but my cpu usage is around 40%~50% 

there is some solution for this ?

or something that makes this is better?

Edited by frederico0102

17 minutes ago, frederico0102 said:

but my cpu usage is around 40%~50% 

How are you monitoring the CPU usage?

Because the total CPU usage is a false indicative of whether your CPU is bottlenecking the GPU.

It is better to monitor each CPU core individually instead of the total CPU usage.

2 minutes ago, beginna said:

How are you monitoring the CPU usage?

Because the total CPU usage is a false indicative of whether your CPU is bottlenecking the GPU.

It is better to monitor each CPU core individually instead of the total CPU usage.

i monitoring with task manager of windows my cpu i see core individually and my gpu with gpu tweak of asus, i beleve isn't a hardware problem because this happen only with Squad

No Frederico, its our problem, but from what i understand from the programmers, there is a LOT of potential to improve this kinda stuff for a8. Trust me, we all want good performance as much as you guys do now vehicles are out. Implementing this kind of stuff is priority number one as far as i know. 

@Battleborn SLI implementation defo falls under Epics domain, not something we can really do. Go hassle em :D

11 minutes ago, Drav said:

No Frederico, its our problem, but from what i understand from the programmers, there is a LOT of potential to improve this kinda stuff for a8. Trust me, we all want good performance as much as you guys do now vehicles are out. Implementing this kind of stuff is priority number one as far as i know. 

@Battleborn SLI implementation defo falls under Epics domain, not something we can really do. Go hassle em :D

okay, tanks for informations ! :D

18 hours ago, Drav said:

lets hope this is good news re optimization - I wanna push my 4790K at 4 cores 5Ghz!