Mad Ani

Version 7.2 feedback - running & stamina

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the vehicles and constant large updates.

Just want to ask if anyone feels the same about a few topics...

1/ Running speed has been reduced. It's too slow and feels cumbersome. It is what put me off Arma as it felt too slow & robotic. SQUAD previously had a fine balance between Arma & BF.

2/ Stamina seems less too? We're obese & wheezy now lol.

I know we have vehicles, but would there be any chance to revert back to how it was before? It was spot on.

Happly with what it's at the present, but would like to see medics have a boost when they have just their med bag in hand.

Its absolutely fine as it is in my opinion.

You are running about with full loadouts, you're not going to be moving much faster or for much longer then that.

I cannot see why the hell you would want it back to its arcadey feel it had before.

Running speed has not been reduced, they added acceleration. What I mean is, you don't start with %100 speed, you start from X (don't know the exact number) and build up until %100. Also, don't forget about the steep ground penalty which also came with V7.

I enjoy this iteration a lot more, there's a lot more methodical / squad based movement in play and a lot less lucky go happy sprinting about like a dog movement. :D

I dont like the running downhill slowmo also we cant run stairs or is this fixed?

Edited by Frosty2

I like it a lot more now. Finally no sprinting up 40 degree slopes. On flat ground the sprinting speed and stamina is exactly like it was before, except for the initial acceleration. I tested it myself by timing a 200m sprint on the firing range.

Also not being able to sprint uphill is also weird.. would be great if it takes stamina faster and not freeze the speed 

Edited by Frosty2

I like the speed/acceleration changes. Makes choice of path for terrain important. It makes running up and down slopes in the middle of a firefight, risky. It makes player choice important, it also makes the game slower paced, which is what I like. Squad before v7, was too fast. 100% speed straight off the bat influenced fast paced run n gun gameplay. I hated it, one of the most things in Squad before v7, was how fast paced the game was. 

I was referring to the speed whilst running on the flat ground. It feels really slow. Incline or decline increase or decrease of speed is welcome. It makes sense walking up and down hills.

You can't say it was fast paced, everyone was saying it was a walking simulator before. It's nothing like BF or COD, it was the perfect balance. Not too slow like Arma, but not arcade either. That's how I feel about it since I took a couple of weeks away from it, came back to it and noticed a huge difference.

I dont want it too fast paced i liked the old movement. Would be great if theres a golden path between this new and the old.

Edited by Frosty2

7 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

1/ Running speed has been reduced. It's too slow and feels cumbersome. It is what put me off Arma as it felt too slow & robotic. SQUAD previously had a fine balance between Arma & BF.

Actually, before V7 characters were running faster than this guy:

And they could run at that speed a lot longer than the guy on a video.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

I know we have vehicles, but would there be any chance to revert back to how it was before? It was spot on.

Yeah, now campers have even bigger advantage over a peekers. Campers should never have advantage over a peeker.

Bush campers are going to celebrate for a long time now

giphy.gif

But now game will force players to think ahead. And most of the players actually don't do that. So I kinda like the nerf.

Edited by KulaGGin

2 hours ago, Mad Ani said:

You can't say it was fast paced, everyone was saying it was a walking simulator before.

Everyone was saying it was a waling simulator because of the size of the maps. Even smaller maps of Squad are comparable to the biggest maps of any Battlefield game in the series. I think sprinting speed in Squad was faster than in Bf 1942/2/BC2/3.

7 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Semi-related, but I actually came around to like Battlefield's decision to adopt unlimited sprint. Just feels nicer to play with.   

And how about lack of friendly fire, lack of any kind of recoil and spread, 3D spot, automatic health regeneration and aim assistance? Gorgeous things, aren't they? I wish they will add unlimited ammo in Battlefield one. I'm sure you'll like unlimited ammo even more than unlimited sprint laugh2.gif

PS Imagine how fun it would be to have unlimited health in Battlefield one ag.gif

Edited by KulaGGin

I luv this,obviously our Devs will tinker & refine it in the future. 

No more dodging bullets  by straff left/right & outrunning them. 

Let's have it like JointOperations, swap to knife & your speed increases. xD

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

Any ideas how to improve this running and stamina in squad?

I would choose the stamina goes down faster when running hills and remove the force slow walk feature when running up or down. 

Also add a feature to actually drop backback to "rallypoint" to move faster and the same time penalty "carry less stuff for example.. that way we could maybe rearm at the rally also.. and attack more rapidly this idea might have some cons too.. but the rally decision is sl job.

Also the enemy needs to actually do something to those backpacks if they want the rally go down. And everyone needs to pick up their shit when going to place new rally :D

When they respawn the backpack is in the rallypoint... Maybe this one was a little off topic

Is there currently any penalty at speed when wounded? Anyways i like the current movement expect the downhill walk.

4 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Yea im sure they will improve all the things :) 

I think they are going in good direction (now it's finally starting to get that PR feel to it)...  Before it was way to fast paced. I hope they will "slow down" gameplay even more.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

I think they are going in good direction (now it's finally starting to get that PR feel to it)...  Before it was way to fast paced. I hope they will "slow down" gameplay even more.

ye but would be great to have some of those features coming from different things than straight restriction how the character moves 

I understand that people enjoy the movement from PR, but this is Squad. Why would you want the same things from another game and not be known as Squad Concepts not oh yeah that one game Squad, that runs and feels like PR? I am very disappointed that I don't get the movement we used to have back in the early stages of Pre-alpha and slowly I have to approach this game at a much slower pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

4 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I would like to see something in the line what we had at (JOps) depending on your character "Loadout" it would influence your Speed/Stamina.

+1