thefoxyone

Size of install

for what?

the full game at release? the pre-alpha access? details, mate. they help people answer your questions.

When we played in the golden dog tags event a few months back SQUAD was just under 1gb in size.

So I would guess currently with all the new stuff added to date the size to be around maybe 1.5gb-2gb max.

UE4 is a very lean engine with minimal bloatware.

:)

Full game at release, i've missed out on the kickstarter due to being temporarily skint and having a barely edequate pc atm, till the autumn, but a new pc beckons once kids birthdays and summer hols are done with so i'm trying to estimate the size of ssd i might need

We don't know.  Game is still in development and things are being added and removed on a daily basis.  

It's safe to say 5+ gigs when all said and done.  We are at 1.5 now, and we only have 3 maps and 2 factions with one vehicle.  

We don't know.  Game is still in development and things are being added and removed on a daily basis.  

It's safe to say 5+ gigs when all said and done.  We are at 1.5 now, and we only have 3 maps and 2 factions with one vehicle.  

5+GB not bad at all I must say,it would only take me 24hrs to download!.. :D

5+GB not bad at all I must say,it would only take me 24hrs to download!.. :D

Phantom Zone needs a better ISP ;)

Are we talking about install size or download size, generally download size are smaller than the install size.

LoL... :lol:

Tell me about it!...I  just aswell get 2cups and string technique... :D

Come to Australia, mate. The net here is so slow we just get the kangaroos to carry the packets in their pouches. ;)

Phantom Zone needs a better ISP ;)

*sigh* It's still lightyears better than mine.

I pay $44.88 a month for this. This is the fastest I can buy. This is also the ONLY ISP that will service my house, outside of satellite. Some days, I regret my decision to live in the middle of nowhere. They are hoping to upgrade the infrastructure here to reach 1mb speeds sometime in the next 3-5 years

4469484991.png

Come to Australia, mate. The net here is so slow we just get the kangaroos to carry the packets in their pouches. ;)

Unless you're on the old Fibre to the Home NBN. :)

4393466970.png

But lord Murdoc Deputy Dope Abott dont want you to be on fast internet, they dont want you to buy Netflix or read Google news. They want you to pay $130 for standard definition Foxtel TV, and buy $8 per shitty old newspapers while you download at 56k on your home Hybrid Fibre Copper (aka Fibre to the Node) using 100yro copper.

lol you get what you voted for!

*sigh* It's still lightyears better than mine.

I pay $44.88 a month for this. This is the fastest I can buy. This is also the ONLY ISP that will service my house, outside of satellite. Some days, I regret my decision to live in the middle of nowhere. They are hoping to upgrade the infrastructure here to reach 1mb speeds sometime in the next 3-5 years

4469484991.png

I hear you... I'm in a "Broadband Dead Zone" my only options are dial up, or satellite.. We chose satellite, and wished we went for dial up...  Thank god im grandfathered into my Verizon Unlimited Data plan for my iPhone, I tether for all my internet now (~120 GB per Month Avg  :D ). Ill be moving my desktop to my sisters the day pre-alpha is live!

4393466970.png

But lord Murdoc Deputy Dope Abott dont want you to be on fast internet, they dont want you to buy Netflix or read Google news. They want you to pay $130 for standard definition Foxtel TV, and buy $8 per shitty old newspapers while you download at 56k on your home Hybrid Fibre Copper (aka Fibre to the Node) using 100yro copper.

"you get what you voted for" OH CRAP I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING... I THOUGHT IT WAS THE STOVE...

Hoping to move very soon, and its in the NBN "zone" so, I'm pretty happy :D

4393466970.png

omg your internet is god

4469647852.png

i used to work for my ISP, their intranet at the company office was like 400+ Mb/s download, lol

G'Day mate!...Australia is a great country,I stayed in Perth (my fav) internet didn't seem to slow then,or was it because I was high all the time!... :D