Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Socrates

Microphone Talking with Attitude

Recommended Posts

A lot of people in this game tend to use their microphone and talk to other players with an attitude as if the the person they are talking to is stupid or something.

 

It's hard to explain. (Talking down on others thinking you're superior)

 

What do you think about this?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

let them talk if they like to... I do learn one thing since i start play Squad: the community is small but really active and into it!

Great player with positive attitude and just the will to have fun with mates with the same love for the game can make even a " your team have lost by 499 tickets" a game to remember. The player are almost likely always the same, you see the same names over and over... i love this because is more like a close group of friend then a community, I know by names (on the server where i play the most) all the players that help me to have great times and some lough... Also the other way around is true, i do know some players with bad attitude and when possible i just do not Squad with them! 

Keep the best and leave the rest my friend! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Socrates said:

A lot of people in this game tend to use their microphone and talk to other players with an attitude as if the the person they are talking to is stupid or something.

 

It's hard to explain. (Talking down on others thinking you're superior)

 

What do you think about this?

 

 

 

Squad's community is toxic.

 

/thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dockside Bars said:

 

Squad's community is toxic.

 

/thread

 

See yourself out then if this community is toxic. I've encountered the odd bad apple but on a whole a great community to be part of and am looking forward to the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spookyAUS said:

 

See yourself out then if this community is toxic. I've encountered the odd bad apple but on a whole a great community to be part of and am looking forward to the future.

 

I'm looking forward to the future too, but that doesn't change the fact the community can still be incredibly toxic, whether it's to new players or just the general attitude of those in-game or on the forums. Telling someone to see themselves out just because an opinion doesn't agree with theirs is also kinda what I'm getting at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dockside Bars said:

 

I'm looking forward to the future too, but that doesn't change the fact the community can still be incredibly toxic, whether it's to new players or just the general attitude of those in-game or on the forums. Telling someone to see themselves out just because an opinion doesn't agree with theirs is also kinda what I'm getting at.

Don't judge a community based on a vocal minority. The core community, aren't toxic, and are genuine lads/ladys., not to say some can't be toxic. The extended community aka the new comers from steam release/sale are what brought a lot of the toxic sorts. Just looking at the Steam forums compared to the official forums and you can see what I mean. 

I would say "some parts of the community can be incredibly toxic", I wouldn't generalize and say "the community", because that implies or state the community as a whole.

Edited by Dubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dockside Bars said:

Squad's community is toxic.

 

/thread

 

try hanging out with some different people maybe? lots of nice people around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay... Maybe don't play with those people? I don't really understand what the point of this thread is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People you cant cure stupid even with the strongest of weed branches, there should be a VOTE/BAN/KICK voting for toxic players, maybe filter the Chat tab avoiding any type of insult, racist comments, or anything that might disturb the session because the emphasize of TEAMWORK will be completely lost if one man is not doing the right job helping his or her Squad mates, which can lead to a bad gameplay in my opinion, having someone YELL at others because of nothing in a videogame is pathetic and degrading to that such toxic person and to squad leaders trying to regulate their ranks out, ADMINS should keep an eye out and REGULATE or POLICE this people's behaviour. In the army they don't allow this kind of "I am the best, better than my teammates" in this kind of game there should be no such thing as I in a team, but US. TEAMWORK PEOPLE, TEAMWORK, thats what makes the game, and gets the game done.

 

tumblr_maw56y8BTi1rc3zo0o1_r1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foist said:

Okay... Maybe don't play with those people? I don't really understand what the point of this thread is.

 

I'm guessing that Socrates asking what we think is a question about our feelings about it and maybe what we can do about it. I'm sure Socrates could clarify more with these responses.

What do you usually do when you encounter someone pretentious, Foist? I usually try to curb their attitude by establishing some kind of rapport, but I'm curious about other's methods of dealing with them, just leaving included.

 

1 hour ago, Seager said:

People you cant cure stupid even with the strongest of weed branches, there should be a VOTE/BAN/KICK voting for toxic players, maybe filter the Chat tab avoiding any type of insult, racist comments, [...]

 

 

I pretty much agree with everything you say, Seager, but I feel the way you start that isn't very beneficial to making the caustic folks better. Calling someone stupid will only foster resentment. I would really like Squad to persevere for a long time, and helping to do so requires people involved in discussion to not get frustrated and say things that make them sound like they think they're better than other players.

 

Also: I'm totally with you on curation, I think that's a great idea. Allowing players to vote on kicks, I feel will be quite beneficial to sending a message to the belligerent players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it is a 3 step solution:

  1. Try to charm them into submission (calmly explain xyz to de-escalate the situation)
  2. If that doesn't work, ignore them (they are usually pretty braindead to begin with, so they generally tire easily when they don't get a rise out of someone). 
  3. If that doesn't work, tell them to go f* themselves and stop spamming the all comms channel with their crap. 
    • EG: "Ok thanks, we get it, you're the best squad player ever. Now could you kindly stfu so we can go back to playing the game?"

I await the day that we can mute players on a case by case basis (applicable only to that round). It works wonders on the forums, just gotta get it in-game :)

 

That being said, I have only really heard the kind of stuff you're talking about in one or two rounds in a couple of hundred hours of play. If it is happening on a regular basis to you, @Socrates, you might consider that what they're saying actually has some basis to it? I was told on multiple occasions that I was too bossy of other squads (about 7 years ago in PR) and after the fifth or so time I started to listen and realized that I was coming off as an ass even though what I was really, honestly, trying to do was help the team win. I chalk it up to youthful energy and stupidity/ignorance combining into a very hard-to-drink cocktail. 

 

You may also have made a "name" for yourself among the North American playerbase, consider a name switch and see if that has any positive effect on your treatment by others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think what he means are those people who are acting like this is real life and are screaming like the real thing or something....while this being a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Seager said:

or this can start happening....

 

Funny-Army-Fail.gif

 

This has to be airsoft, there is no way someone would be this stupid with muzzle awareness.

Edited by Maki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of the time its the using a sledge hammer to get the least task done. When people that say they have played before mean, I've play an fps before. It can be hard and draining to have to achieve the least task done. With foreign speakers playing on english servers end up being a battle of the tongue to get things organised.

 

Yesterday someone was stunned when I said thanks for digging. manners maketh man a lot of the time people forget this ancient adage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RaulO4 said:

i think what he means are those people who are acting like this is real life and are screaming like the real thing or something....while this being a game.

 

I have yet to meet try hard players like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Starbricks said:

let them talk if they like to... I do learn one thing since i start play Squad: the community is small but really active and into it!

Great player with positive attitude and just the will to have fun with mates with the same love for the game can make even a " your team have lost by 499 tickets" a game to remember. The player are almost likely always the same, you see the same names over and over... i love this because is more like a close group of friend then a community, I know by names (on the server where i play the most) all the players that help me to have great times and some lough... Also the other way around is true, i do know some players with bad attitude and when possible i just do not Squad with them! 

Keep the best and leave the rest my friend! 

Yea I like that too. In Insurgency  there is that one populated Ambush server where I started playing INS.They are my Steam family now lol. Thats the same with Squad.lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I join random squad...I can see there is no rally,FOB is not active.We cant spawn accepte the main base. Im telling this "Yo SL,can you put down rally point thanks" few mins later after repeating myselfe like 3-4 times his friend who was next to him running around like idiots tells me "Ok wait" Im waiting for a min then I saw he doesnt even have SL kit.

 

Then Im telling him "Yo  SL you dont even have SL kit" and his friend tells me "He knows" im like wtf?? few secs silence and then....."If you dont like it Fuuck off and start your own squad" Im like whoa dude wtf? The sades part is that he had 9 people in his squad noone said anything for rally or fob they were just spawning back to base non stop. I changed squad and after 10 mins I look at map and I see that squad 4 running from the base again I was so shocked how stupid you need to be,but at least devs got his 40$ he wont play this game so long I think...I just disconnected from server then I exited game. Sad. (Btw sorry for my english Im from Croatia so dont judge lol :D )

Edited by CroSoldier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Socrates said:

A lot of people in this game tend to use their microphone and talk to other players with an attitude as if the the person they are talking to is stupid or something.

 

It's hard to explain. (Talking down on others thinking you're superior)

 

What do you think about this?

Yes, it happens from time to time. But I wouldn't say it happens often.

 

It's usually 15-23 yo kids which still live with their mommas(and at mommas expences) and which played a lot of Dota 2/CSGO matchmaking in the past(and even got some 2500 mmr, sheriff or LE rank, like if it was anywhere near good) but they think of themselves as about Dendy/JW/S1mple/Olofmeister/etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CroSoldier said:

I join random squad...I can see there is no rally,FOB is not active.We cant spawn accepte the main base. Im telling this "Yo SL,can you put down rally point thanks" few mins later after repeating myselfe like 3-4 times his friend who was next to him running around like idiots tells me "Ok wait" Im waiting for a min then I saw he doesnt even have SL kit.

 

Then Im telling him "Yo  SL you dont even have SL kit" and his friend tells me "He knows" im like wtf?? few secs silence and then....."If you dont like it Fuuck off and start your own squad" Im like whoa dude wtf? The sades part is that he had 9 people in his squad noone said anything for rally or fob they are just spawning back to base non stop. I changed squad and after 10 mins I look at map and I see that squad 4 running from the base again I was so shocked how stupid you need to be,but at least devs got his 40$ he want play this game so long I think...I just disconnected from server then I exited game. Sad. (Btw sorry for my english Im from Croatia so dont judge lol :D )

I'd definitely like that one if I could.

 

4 hours ago, CroSoldier said:

Then Im telling him "Yo  SL you dont even have SL kit" and his friend tells me "He knows" im like wtf?? few secs silence and then....."If you dont like it Fuuck off and start your own squad" Im like whoa dude wtf?

 

I changed squad and after 10 mins I look at map and I see that squad 4 running from the base again I was so shocked how stupid you need to be,but at least devs got his 40$ he want play this game so long I think...I just disconnected from server then I exited game. Sad.

I usually change team when I hear something like that from some schoolsport. I mean, I'm sure that guy who told you that you can **** off and strart your own squad was about ~18 years old and his voice hadn't even broken yet. After the end of the round I just troll them in chat. Arrogant selfish overconfident haughty kids like that usually leave after they get rekt and trolled in chat.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KulaGGin said:

I'd definitely like that one if I could.

 

I usually change team when I hear something like that from some schoolsport. I mean, I'm sure that guy who told you that you can **** off and strart your own squad was about ~18 years old and his voice hadn't even broken yet. After the end of the round I just troll them in chat. Arrogant selfish overconfident haughty kids like that usually leave after they get rekt and trolled in chat.

 

 

 

To be honest I'll give people attitude also if they don't like how I run my squad so that whole ~18 thing you just said, you can keep that to yourself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iron said:

To be honest I'll give people attitude also if they don't like how I run my squad so that whole ~18 thing you just said, you can keep that to yourself.  

If you are runing your squad with no SL kit then dont be suprised if someone tells you something(nothing mean just saying "you need SL kit")do you gonna say "Fuuck off its my squad I do what I want"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably would.  In fact I have.  

 

Scenario:

 

In a poopy squad.  Squad leader bails.  I get dumped SL.  No kit.  Peeps in squad crying.  I tell them to **** off.  

 

Hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×