Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lt.Lysander

Is my computer not good enough??

I just got Squad and im thrilled to play it but I cant run it well for some reason. I get 60-70 fps in training but in multiplayer get 1-5 fps. Ive tried fixes and still nothings has worked, im wondering if my computer is good enough.

AMD FX-4300 3.8 ghz

8gb Ram

GTX 950 sc

Plz help? Thanks       ¬¬

I would not toch Squad with that system :P but 1-5 fps seems to be very low.

1 minute ago, M.I.K.E. said:

I would not toch Squad with that system :P but 1-5 fps seems to be very low.

What do I need to upgrade?

AMD has problems with squad, if you serach the forum you will find that you are not the only one with issues.

14 minutes ago, Lt.Lysander said:

All of it,lol...But seriously, most are having FPS problemos & the Devs are working on it,also game Optimazation will be work on for V8 release.

But yeah depending on your budget,you will require an upgrade .

Edited by Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX

Video card might be fine,  I had a buddy playing on a 750.  But like raging said, it's a bit rough right now for everyone regardless of specs.  If you have a budget for it I would upgrade the cpu, probably meaning motherboard, cpu, cpu fan and ram, but keep a budget in there for a new video card just in case it's too sluggish.

[edit] and fork out a little bit to get Intel over AMD.  I would say this regardless of Squad's(UE4's) issues with AMD.

Edited by Dankicity

11 hours ago, Lt.Lysander said:

1. GPU is fine

2. I would go with a little more RAM just in general if you were planning on upgrading (Probably 16 gb total)

3. Sadly Unreal Engine 4 seems to hate AMD CPUs and they are cheaper in design, so you will definetly want to get an Intel CPU either overclocked to 4.0+ Ghz or a 6700k, which has a base clock of 4.0 Ghz and can go up to 4.8 safely as far as I've read if you have a liquid cooled CPU.(higher would reduce its lifespan further)