6. Intentional Mass Team killing (6+ people) = Permanent Ban
  7. Firing from the main-spawn (1st warning) = Kick
  8. Firing from the main-spawn (after warning was given) = minimum 2 Day Ban
  9. Unassigned/AFK = Kick
  10. Squad Leading w/o a Microphone = Kick
  11. Squad Leaders who refuse teamwork = Kick
  12. Advertising = Kick
  13. Overly-negative behavior, Trolling, and/or Disrespect = minimum 2 Day Ban
  14. Overly-negative behavior, Trolling, and/or Disrespect (any further offense) = Permanent Ban
  15. Disrespect toward mod or Admin = minimum 7 Day Ban
  16. Disrespect toward mod or Admin (any further offense) = Permanent Ban
  17. No Main-Spawn camping. The closest an enemy combatant can get to a Main is half the distance from that Main to its first objective. Ambushing enemy vehicles and infantry beyond that radius is allowed.
  18. Main-spawn camping (1st warning) = Kick
  19. Main-spawn camping (after warning was given) = minimum 2 Day Ban
  20. Main-spawn camping (any further offense) = Permanent Ban
  21. To Rejoin after a server auto-kick or admin/mod kick (7 teamkill server auto ban is in place) is a 5 minute timeout delay. No need to appeal, there is nothing we can do to shorten this wait.
  22. Locked Squads - Every squad must have a minimum 2 people in order to lock, maximum of 8 squads per team. Any role-specific squad MUST help the team and not "lone-wolf". Responding to Command Channel is required.
  23. Admin/Mods reserve the right to remove anyone at anytime. 

Join us. 

discord_logo-150x150.pngsteam_logo-150x150.png
banner-3832-1495211673.png

Edited by RickDoodBrah
General update.

So far the community is growing at a rapid rate. We've been up for just under 3 weeks and we're seeing full servers daily. The best times to join are between the hours of 4 p.m. and midnight EDT. If you want to stay up to date with special events just join the steam group. It's open to the public and we have a lot of great players!

On 9/9/2016 at 9:29 AM, JimT2ndBattalion said:

Great server, played on it the other day and really like the community. The admins are extremely active when I was in the server

On 9/23/2016 at 7:46 PM, JAndreoli said:

Good to see you guys with a server, always enjoy playing with the doodsicles and the kreamsicles ;)

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen! We (crew of thunderdome) are committed to maintaining a public server that rewards respectful players and removes sludge. We've surpassed out donation goal for October so it's another solid month of Thunderdome gaming! 

See you on the server!

Good server, but I (and a few others) have a serious problem with one of the admins, Manimaltx.  He has a tendency to cop an attitude for no reason, and heaven forbid you offer advice or criticism during a match or he takes it personally.  It's like walking on eggshells with this guy and it's extremely frustrating.  I know it's a popular server, so when I say I won't be coming back that's not much of a big deal, but yeah...I'm not going to play on Thunderdome anymore.  I know you all are friends of his and probably disagree with all of the above, but rest assured I'm not the only person who has had issues with him.  Just food for thought, guys.  Just because someone may be a good dude in real life, and I'm sure he is, that doesn't necessarily mean they make a good server admin.

Edited by PeePeeMcPeeson

PeePeeMcPeeson,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and opinions. I can't confirm or deny any accusations toward my admin team based on hearsay alone but I make an honest effort to support the desires of Thunderdome players. You may not consider it a big deal for us to lose one player but for us it absolutely is a big deal. We're a public server for a reason and if we're losing the public's trust than we're not upholding our end of the deal. There are a few caveats I'd like to mention just for the sake of perspective. The first is that being an admin can add some frustration, especially in a public server. Disrespectful players, trolling, team killing, hacking, exploiting, players unwilling to help their team, etc. are things that we're constantly battling in an effort to give players on our server the best possible experience. The second is that dealing with all of these things can make it difficult to read player's attitudes. There are admins who give players the benefit of the doubt and then there are admins who don't. Ultimately, you have a choice in what servers you play on and what players you team up with on those servers. If the Thunderdome crew can positively influence your game experience than we're doing our job. Since you're bringing forward an issue that is clearly a negative influence, we will address this internally and seek an appropriate resolution. I hope that you understand that we're committed to providing a fun and fair server for squad players and that you will reconsider playing with us again. Again, we (the admin team) will look into this and vote on the best course of action. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to us. 

Respectfully,

RickDood

The new Thunderdome website is up and running. There are a lot of things that remain to be added but you can stop by and check out the progress and hop into our discord server. www.ThunderdomeSQD.com

Edited by RickDoodBrah
url change

Two new mods added to the team yesterday. Might have another new admin or two in the very near future. Stop by the steam group and meet the crew!

2 more mods added to the team this week. With the server remaining full almost 24/7 it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain admin coverage. We're working on it though!

One of the best Squad servers out there.  Every time I've been on this server I've seen active admins taking care of tkers or any other nonsense. Keep  up the good work!

4 hours ago, bipcopter said:

One of the best Squad servers out there.  Every time I've been on this server I've seen active admins taking care of tkers or any other nonsense. Keep  up the good work!

Thanks for the kind words, bipcopter! We do our best to keep the server as 'clean' as possible for the Squad community. See you on the battlefield!

Just a quick update- The squadthunderdome.com website has received a few updates. We're currently searching for one or two more EU/UK admins. Stop by the steam group to find out more. 

Lots of new members on our steam group and new content added to the website by several creative community members. Stop by for a few good games anytime, 24/7. 

Also, we're looking for a few EU/UK admins. Please speak with us on our steam group if you're interested. Thanks for playing with us on THUNDERDOME!

We're now an 80-player server! The steam group community has grown to more than 500 members! Stop by and join one of the largest public squad communities!

Big thanks to all of the players who showed up in support of today's Defend the Dome event. It was 5 hours of intensity and hilarity. We're hoping to do this again in the very near future. 

b3Dy4ps.png

Just a heads up:

Don't disobey a squad lead that isn't your own.

Apparently, they can and will ban you for two days for not obeying. Even if said command was to get off a BTR because it offered a better vantage point.

lol I'm in that picture ^ left center. I popped in the game like 1 minute before that moment when everybody ran into a group and started shooting in the air, i didn't have the tools to process the moment rationally and just accepted it as a spontaneous moment of brotherhood. It's good to have closure.  

This server is popular because it's easy to get in an action packed match. However, the admins on this server are terrible. Multiple times I've seen people get banned for no reason, on purpose. Not only that; but the admins often times power trip and use their powers to Ban or kick players for personal reasons. The Admins on here are as stubborn and rude as they come. Not to mention the Admins run their community like a dictatorship, no dissent is aloud and often times people who disagree are banned even on their discord. Not all of the admins are terrible; Gwanfather for example is a great admin. However, most of them, as well as the owner are horrid. I always avoid this server as much as possible because once you begin to see what goes on in this community it ruins the experience. I think this server needs to improve their staff, public image and interactions with players, as well as be less aggressive. I'm writing this in the hopes that this critique can benefit the server, I'll more than happily delete it if any of these things are addressed.

For the sake of reiterating what we've already made public knowledge, I'll gladly add my point of view to this discussion. 

On 3/25/2017 at 5:11 AM, New Guy said:

This server is popular because it's easy to get in an action packed match. However, the admins on this server are terrible. Multiple times I've seen people get banned for no reason, on purpose. Not only that; but the admins often times power trip and use their powers to Ban or kick players for personal reasons. The Admins on here are as stubborn and rude as they come. Not to mention the Admins run their community like a dictatorship, no dissent is aloud and often times people who disagree are banned even on their discord. Not all of the admins are terrible; Gwanfather for example is a great admin. However, most of them, as well as the owner are horrid. I always avoid this server as much as possible because once you begin to see what goes on in this community it ruins the experience. I think this server needs to improve their staff, public image and interactions with players, as well as be less aggressive. I'm writing this in the hopes that this critique can benefit the server, I'll more than happily delete it if any of these things are addressed.

I'm not even sure where to begin with this. Honestly, there is nothing in this statement but a bunch of attempts to make the thunderdome admin look bad. If the admin were as bad as you're describing, no one would play on the server and surely no one would be donating to keep it running. If you want to complain about something that actually happened than feel free. But that's going to require you to grow up and approach the server staff like an adult. Jumping on a forum or comment board and anonymously posting a crybaby statement means nothing. This type of behavior is fairly common from players who were caught breaking the rules and now they feel like they need to reinforce their pride by giving off the tough-guy attitude. If you have a fair complaint, make it. Better yet, make the complaint with your steam i.d. so we can see exactly who you are and pull up your history on our server. 

Next, your attack on me by saying I'm "horrid" isn't justified and surely isn't appreciated,  Mr. random guy who isn't brave enough to tell us who you really are. You know absolutely nothing about me and the fact that you'd stoop to a personal blow only hurts your position in this conversation. I rarely, if ever, handle rule enforcement on the server since my focus in on maintaining the physical server. But because I'm the guy who the admins come to for a second opinion on whether or not a punishment is justified, I'm "horrid"? To be more specific, the server is actually owned by the community of players who donate their money to it and play here regularly. The rules that are enforced are designed to protect THEM, not the admins. So, when you call the admins "horrid" for enforcing the rules that protect our community, you're really just saying that you think our entire community is horrid. That's probably not the best approach to making friends around these parts. 

Speaking of rules, our rules are posted in a bunch of places for public knowledge and reference. Don't like our rules? Then don't play on our server. The way we do things isn't up for debate from some rando who got his/her feelings hurt. Do us a favor and keep your name-calling, oh wait excuse me, "critiques" to yourself unless you want to have a productive conversation. BTW, that conversation happens on our discord where you have to face us directly. Not here where you're hiding behind anonymity. 

I'm stuck with an "Automatic kick" according to someone in the server for one teamkill.  Sad part is, the tk happed like two games before they decided to kick me.  Any way i can get this resolved?

To naysayers or what have you. My experience with Thunderdome.

I Team Killed 3-5 players in short time, due to being a noob and not seeing names when on a mounted Humvee. Went thru their un-ban process on discord. Ban was lifted within an hour max. Re-joined then an Admin I suspect followed me a bit, then on local chat asked me "no more team killing?", I replied "no" and haven't had an issue since. Stand up practice in my book. I'd had done the same. Vast majority of my game time on this very server.

I enjoy that they force SL's to have voice chat and be active.