With the rifles / gun collision to the wall comfirmed, i think this is gonna be aswell

With the rifles / gun collision to the wall comfirmed, i think this is gonna be aswell

Isn't rifle collision the lowering of weapon when up on a wall?

Barrel collision will be a big pain in the ass tho.

yes but i think applied in a broader context, one could include tank barrel collision in that category of game mechanics.

well, thats why you dont drive tanks into a tightly packed urban area and expect to not get ambushed. implenting this detail may be complicated (or not, im not a dev), but id be a huge fan of it if they did. as one good example of it benefitting gameplay, not only is it realistic -- it could further help level out the playing field in assymetrical warfare scenarios and turn tight urban areas into potential tank traps so the insurgents could cut off armor support to other areas where BLUFOR is requesting it.

Yeah, that's what i meant :P

Now, this is something I'd like to see along with the weapon collision with objects! If only Warthunder could finally add this...

yes but i think applied in a broader context, one could include tank barrel collision in that category of game mechanics.

well, thats why you dont drive tanks into a tightly packed urban area and expect to not get ambushed. implenting this detail may be complicated (or not, im not a dev), but id be a huge fan of it if they did. as one good example of it benefitting gameplay, not only is it realistic -- it could further help level out the playing field in assymetrical warfare scenarios and turn tight urban areas into potential tank traps so the insurgents could cut off armor support to other areas where BLUFOR is requesting it.

My thoughts exactly

Already in PR and it basically has to be for gameplay purposes.

Maybe I'm not in armor enough in PR, but I don't remember barrels having collisions in it

Maybe I'm not in armor enough in PR, but I don't remember barrels having collisions in it

Try going over a narrow bridge and your turret moving left/right. Spoiler Alert: You blow up.

Already in PR and it basically has to be for gameplay purposes. 

No it's not. The Challenger used to have collision and they removed it in v1.3 

It is really buggy in PR sometimes. You can hit a destroyed tank and you will be really damaged / swung around sometimes.

+1, I find it really immersion breaking when a barrel appears through the other side of a wall.

It will be great, but only if the tanks will not fly in space or turn upside down like in ARMA3.