S1cK

Project Reality

Hey guys, i just keep wondering if the Project relity is really worth the download, do people keep playing the game or its just dead ?

I know, i just whant to know if there is that many people still playing it

3 minutes ago, Mansee said:

See the link I sent, there is a list of servers (Y)

Ty :)

its usually around 500-600 players in the week, with the peak time being the weekend where it peaks around 700-1000 players

If you like Squad you will definitely love PR, never mind the old graphics and the engine, game play is fantastic.

There are a lot of people who have already bought Squad to support the developers, but they're still playing PR and waiting for Squad to catch up in terms of features. Myself included.

11 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

There are a lot of people who have already bought Squad to support the developers, but they're still playing PR and waiting for Squad to catch up in terms of features. Myself included.

Same here. Atm PR include a lot of more contenct (Of course) and is a great possibility to see wich road Squad in walking on. The combined arms, the maps, the logistics...way to much!
Try it out, the time spent for the download worth it!

Edited by PR.IT Aragorn89

5 hours ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Same here. Atm PR include a lot of more contenct (Of course) and is a great possibility to see wich road Squad in walking on. The combined arms, the maps, the logistics...way to much!
Try it out, the time spent for the download worth it!

And the players who play it ? Can ypu play on a full server all the time or in certain times its dead ?

51 minutes ago, S1cK said:

And the players who play it ? Can ypu play on a full server all the time or in certain times its dead ?

Just take a look yourself:

http://www.realitymod.com/prspy/

EDT: Oh sorry, this was already posted...

Edited by koschilein

1 hour ago, S1cK said:

Well i play mostly at evening as EU player, ther are mostly 3 decent server up most of the time full (98 people each). I don't know on other part of the day sorry!

42 minutes ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

Well i play mostly at evening as EU player, ther are mostly 3 decent server up most of the time full (98 people each). I don't know on other part of the day sorry!

What about game performane ? shoul i be fine compared to squad ? xD

If you can run Squad at 20+ fps on average you will have absolutely no problems running PR, dude, the game is really old. For about two-three years that I've spent playing PR, I've never seen it completely dead, as in I could always find at least three populated servers at any time of a day. I don't see why you should worry so much, I mean, the game is free, it's easy to get, you can try it out, and it's friggin' awesome, even though it's running on a 15-year old engine. Just get it, try it out, give it a few evenings and you'll see where all the coolness in Squad is coming from.

There is just no viable substitute for PR at this moment, and that's a badge of honor on its own.

Edited by MultiSquid

8 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

Same. There is a lot SQUAD still has to bring to the table... I wait patiently.

4 hours ago, PR.IT Aragorn89 said:

You need a titan X for the 50 FPS (xD JKing)

The titan X was only great in terms of price, the 1080 series simply blew it up x)))))

Edited by S1cK

After 1.0 the performance went downhill by a lot since something went terribly wrong and we're now rendering everything in our direction even if we can't see it. I was getting < 30 fps on several maps with i5-4670k and GTX 770. With i7-6700k and Fury X I still drop <50 and can have 200+ fps on the same map as 50 fps.

25 minutes ago, banOkay said:

After 1.0 the performance went downhill by a lot since something went terribly wrong and we're now rendering everything in our direction even if we can't see it. I was getting < 30 fps on several maps with i5-4670k and GTX 770. With i7-6700k and Fury X I still drop <50 and can have 200+ fps on the same map as 50 fps.

Obviously your GPU is not enough, one needs 2x GTX1080 to play fallujah west with 30 fps!

14 hours ago, banOkay said:

Hmm, 6700k and gtx750 here, never, EVER, drops below 60 fps.....

Forgive me mods for reviving this thread. I didn't think this post deserved it's own thread and this was the latest PR thread I could find.

PR:WWII development is still ongoing. Pretty cool stuff being worked on. It definitely fits the definition of a "passion project".