Hello!
Dear DEVs, I hope you’ll solve all performance problems (thank gods, now I have more reliable CPU).
But I found new problems, which I think would be solved also: 
1)    Vehicle stuck. BTR has 8x8 wheel formula and he can’t stuck in the fence with 0.5m height. Anyway would be great have a tow truck, which can pull the vehicle - for example, MTLB for RAF.
2)    US infantry superiority. US army now has better rifles than in past (amazing control) and BEST camo in all terrains. Maybe time of assymetric warfare has come? Delete from RAF optics and give them disposable anti-infantry RShG-2. There is another way to assymetric – give extra-GL kit for RAF, this staff extremely popular in conflicts, which RAF had. 
Militia also needs to be correct with camouflage suits. Remove this shitty woodland-style pants – they are very bright to all terrains (wood, desert, fields). For example, old–style “flora” is pretty awesome camo. As you know KS-23 is a police shotgun. Much militias were in police and they have access for police-arsenal on controllable territory. If you want KS-23 to be in game — try to give it for Militia’s medic (for example).
3)    Unrealistic arsenal for squad. Pls, remove from RAF AKS-74 – this rifle uses only by National Guardians (Internal troops in past). Russian Army has AK-74M in service and squad members hasn’t a side-arm, include SLs, medics, machine-gunners and snipers (marksmen in your terminology).

4) I think yall know about unable to use bunker with m2a1.

5) Maybe separate of radial-menu can be more comfortable? 3D-spot for another key, and RP and FOB for T-key.

Edited by BrossParavoss

1) yes to BTR has to go over a 0.5m fence, no to a tow-truck

2) hm... US is good, no doubt, but i dont see them way superior to RU f.e.

3) idk i can live with it tbh

4) yes

5) idc

Edited by the_seeing_eye

2)Gonna make huge holywar.But yeap,it's increacing quantity of support kits is better and variability of them is better solution,than mirroring kits.

As for militia... well,they could be better.They wear gopnik clothing,so they looks like a clowns.

About KS-23... didn't even remember it.

3)Not really true,but close enough.AKS-74 and AKS-74U is still in use.My Regiment had 1 battalion,equiped with AKS-74 and 3 battalions,equipped with AK-74M.At least it's not AKS-74M anymore.

Edited by samogon

1. Physica machina non penis canina. We just need to wait.

2. At this moment Russia has superior RPG, balance changes with every patch. If devs won't mirror factions, russians get a best GPMG so far.

3. Already done.

4. .50s are worthless anyway.

5. It would be better to remove 3d spotting at all.

Edited by ZiGreen

22 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

2. At this moment Russia has superior RPG, balance changes with every patch. If devs won't mirror factions, russians get a best GPMG so far.

it's not about superiority of weapons.Mirror balance is almost impossible,but balance can be reached by other measures.

The best possible to me:

1)Limit AK optic even more.Completely remove it from SL kit(Well,SL primary role - lead the squad.Optic won't help them lead it).

2)Increace quantity of fire support kits per squad.

3)Add disposable launchers and kit's with it.

4)Swap SVD from team-limited kit to squad limited.

Something similar can be done with militia faction I think.

Meanwhile for USA:

1)Make ACOG unlimited for riflemans and SLs.

2)Keep other kits as it's is now.

Edited by samogon

3 minutes ago, ZiGreen said:

Not with current optics, which give only advantages without penalties.

Well,that's another point to whining :)

2 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Only one thing can be effective penalty — more gun swinging after running. Over 10 seconds could be enough to stay real life limits.

8 minutes ago, BrossParavoss said:

Only one thing can be effective penalty — more gun swinging after running. Over 10 seconds could be enough to stay real life limits.

We had two military advisors, seventy-five gigabytes of A-stan footage, five pages of extremely toxic ar15com discussion, a forum half full of veterans, and a whole galaxy of various tactical shooters, battlefield clones, military simulators... and also a half-million dollars, a raw free engine, PR legacy, a bunch of placeholders and two dozen developers.
Not that we needed all that for the FPS, but once you get locked into a serious game development, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

The only thing that really worried me were the placeholders. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a developer oriented on average, lowly player, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

1 hour ago, ZiGreen said:

We had two military advisors, seventy-five gigabytes of A-stan footage, five pages of extremely toxic ar15com discussion, a forum half full of veterans, and a whole galaxy of various tactical shooters, battlefield clones, military simulators... and also a half-million dollars, a raw free engine, PR legacy, a bunch of placeholders and two dozen developers.
Not that we needed all that for the FPS, but once you get locked into a serious game development, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

The only thing that really worried me were the placeholders. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a developer oriented on average, lowly player, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.

Mostly, you are right. From January 2016 to July 2016 I don't play in BF4. But after v7 realized, I play sometimes. I found SQUAD become to BF4 in small arms mechanics.

Stop playing that cancer(BF) is better for you.

There is lots of hardcore games.Yes,they're not ideal,but still...

As for first one - everything squad needs are in this game.Bad thing is only - small maps and WW2 setting.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450/?l=russian

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/?l=russian

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107410/

This games are qoute good.Fate of squad yet unknown,but if it's gonna develop same way... it's will be game for brainwashed idiots.Not casuals,not hardcore players.Just brainwashed idiots.

Edited by samogon

6 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

hm i dont think i can agree on that... there are quite few situations where i choose Iron Sights/Red Dot over Scopes to be honest with you.

Imagine a small flinching effect of your iron sight when bullets whizzing by in SQUAD. Imagine if this was in SQUAD how it would change it for the better. Why it would balance things out between the extreme unfair high zoom of scopes and the standard riflemen and overall prolonging firefights than the current, come out of the rally/fob where you just spawned, tap, tap you're down again?

Because the higher the zoom the stronger the jumpic effect of your sight gets. WHICH IS OBVIOUS. View through the optic has a higher zoom than the view through iron sight without a zoom. And this is why currently playing standard riflemen are a useless cannon fodder against the scopes. Which is a shame because playing non-scoped weapons is one of my favourite things to play and it would be a shame if this game became a scope-oriented game as unfortunately this game scopes have unnatural zoom outside the optic and the sight doesn't flinch even though you're pouring bullets on the enemy that uses the scope he'll still pick you off easily.

It feels unnatural for me that I was able to run up behind these 4 guys as seen in the screenshots, me being exhausted by lack of stamina, me being shot at, hit in the arm, body, legs and I still killed all 4 of these guys, me while standing up with almost 0 sway. So scopes are too overpowered currently due to no suppression flinching effect/no sway/zoom outside the optic and I'd never even think about to kill even 1 of these guys using the iron sight if the other 3 started shooting back, with the red dot I'd perhaps manage to kill 1 or 2 but not 4 as I did with the scope. Lack of suppression flinching of your sight is killing the gameplay for me right now because as seen in the screenshot, no blurry screen will ever gonna stop me from returning accurate fire on an enemy.

EbKOJNx.jpg

However an iron sight on the enemy (even though they didn't see me first, I started shooting at them), and I get killed every single time, I'm lucky if I hit the enemy at least once before he kills me because of how little sway and suppression effect the scope has.

SYBbSUJ.jpg

Few shots fired and I'm dead. That is every single time playing iron-sighted weapon even if I get extremely 10 metres away close from the enemy.

6e9u2Yu.jpg

Edited by Friesen

18 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

I see what you did there, Raul Duke. 

On 8/18/2016 at 0:51 AM, BrossParavoss said:

As you know KS-23 is a police shotgun. Much militias were in police and they have access for police-arsenal on controllable territory. If you want KS-23 to be in game — try to give it for Militia’s medic (for example).

Not sure why KS-23 was chosen instead of... uh... pretty much any 12-gauge? It's usually employed as a less-lethal weapon. And why does Russian faction need a shotgun at all? I could go on but I think others have covered this topic...

10 hours ago, Gews said:

Not sure why KS-23 was chosen instead of... uh... pretty much any 12-gauge? It's usually employed as a less-lethal weapon. And why does Russian faction need a shotgun at all? I could go on but I think others have covered this topic...

1)KS-23 isn't 12-gauge.It's 4-Gauge shotgun(23mm barrel)

2)Game not about special forces.So army didn't employ it.They didn't employ non-lethal weapon at all.

14 hours ago, samogon said:

1)KS-23 isn't 12-gauge.It's 4-Gauge shotgun(23mm barrel)

2)Game not about special forces.So army didn't employ it.They didn't employ non-lethal weapon at all.

I know what it is and what it's used for, you misunderstood my comment.

Fun fact: lethal buckshot cartridge "Shrapnel-25" is just a regular 12-gauge shell which has been placed inside an aluminum adapter. Not so impressive.

On 21.08.2016 at 3:13 AM, Gews said:

I know what it is and what it's used for, you misunderstood my comment.

Fun fact: lethal buckshot cartridge "Shrapnel-25" is just a regular 12-gauge shell which has been placed inside an aluminum adapter. Not so impressive.

So,if you understand what they used for,you must understand - Russian Army should'n have shotgun at all.

Non KS-23,nor another one.

Edited by samogon

20 hours ago, samogon said:

So,if you understand what they used for,you must understand - Russian Army should'n have shotgun at all.

Non KS-23,nor another one.

That is why I said "and why does Russian faction need a shotgun at all?"

However, it seems like all factions are getting a shotgun whether we like it or not, and that the shotguns might be used for some specific game mechanic (breaching?).

So if the Russian squad equipment and organization is going to be semi-fictional, at least they could have chosen a shotgun that is more appropriate than the KS-23 (I have a suspicion KS-23 is picked because "wow, 4-bore shotgun, cool", probably without realizing the buckshot payload is no better than a regular 12-gauge).

4 hours ago, Gews said:

That is why I said "and why does Russian faction need a shotgun at all?"

However, it seems like all factions are getting a shotgun whether we like it or not, and that the shotguns might be used for some specific game mechanic (breaching?).

So if the Russian squad equipment and organization is going to be semi-fictional, at least they could have chosen a shotgun that is more appropriate than the KS-23 (I have a suspicion KS-23 is picked because "wow, 4-bore shotgun, cool", probably without realizing the buckshot payload is no better than a regular 12-gauge).

There is too many ways to breach doors.

Ram it(Usual way in Army,and pretty often used by Police as well) or blow it,why shotgun are nessesary.

Every combat unit have at least engineer platoon or company,so you can always find 200g TNT charge(Usually for dearming mines).But you will never see shotguns in average military unit.NEVER.

RwWzJU7.jpg

Damn,I could say - VSS is way much often,than KS-23.But lemmings gets triggered,when they see that.At least because it's silenced weapon.

Another fact,you probably don't know - using 00 buckshot isn't allowed against humans,as well as hollow point bullets.So only slugs shot.

Edited by samogon

22 hours ago, samogon said:

There is too many ways to breach doors.

Ram it(Usual way in Army,and pretty often used by Police as well) or blow it,why shotgun are nessesary.

Every combat unit have at least engineer platoon or company,so you can always find 200g TNT charge(Usually for dearming mines).But you will never see shotguns in average military unit.NEVER.

RwWzJU7.jpg

I'm fully aware Russian Army doesn't issue shotguns, however developers seem to intend on having a shotgun for the Russian faction anyways. As for ballistic breaching with shotgun, it has its pros and cons, mainly: it's relatively simple, faster than a ram and safer than using explosives.

Damn,I could say - VSS is way much often,than KS-23.But lemmings gets triggered,when they see that.At least because it's silenced weapon.

VSS  is in another game I play. As usual devs have given it too much damage, and players seem to think it should have even more damage and also be able to pierce ceramic hard plates.

Another fact,you probably don't know - using 00 buckshot isn't allowed against humans,as well as hollow point bullets.So only slugs shot.

In which service? In US military there have been no type-classified slugs, for anti-personnel rounds only buckshot (and experimental flechette). Slugs have been acquired by US soldiers, but not officially.

Edited by Gews

1 hour ago, Gews said:

I'm fully aware Russian Army doesn't issue shotguns, however developers seem to intend on having a shotgun for the Russian faction anyways. As for ballistic breaching with shotgun, it has its pros and cons, mainly: it's relatively simple, faster than a ram and safer than using explosives.

So,people said - we don't need special forces,only regulars.

But the fact is - people don't know what they want to see.

So,KS-23 is a very special weapon,used by police only for some very special purposes(usually Throwing CS Gas shells).People want it.Even if they used only by LE.

But weapon like silenced M110(Which is standart for US Army) and VSS(Which,at least,in limited army use).

Whats the point of mirroring.Some pieces of weapon can't be mirrored.Like Javelin for US or Thermobaric Launchers(PRO,RShG-series) for Russia.

1 hour ago, Gews said:

VSS  is in another game I play. As usual devs have given it too much damage, and players seem to think it should have even more damage and also be able to pierce ceramic hard plates.

hmmm. wat?

1 hour ago, Gews said:

In which service? In US military there have been no type-classified slugs, for anti-personnel rounds only buckshot (and experimental flechette). Slugs have been acquired by US soldiers, but not officially.

As well as WP,Inceledary weapon,Chemical weapon,Cluster Bombs and Cluster Mines.They are all stays at service,but doesn't mean they used.Using this are military crime.

Edited by samogon

21 hours ago, samogon said:

As well as WP,Inceledary weapon,Chemical weapon,Cluster Bombs and Cluster Mines.They are all stays at service,but doesn't mean they used.Using this are military crime.

No, shotguns are not illegal. Read this, starting on page 16: https://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/10-1997.pdf

" Lead-and-antimony buckshot does not “expand or flatten easily,” and therefore violates neither the 1899 Hague Declaration nor the criteria for legality previously articulated in opinions of The Judge Advocate General, United States Army."

21 hours ago, samogon said:

hmmm. wat?

When weapon is "exotic" it's often not represented realistically in a game.

Edited by Gews

2 hours ago, Gews said:

When weapon is "exotic" it's often not represented realistically in a game.

KS-23 is a way much 'exotic'.

For instance - Count quantity of KS-23 and VSS in Crimea Conflict.

If you talking about BF-style AS/VSS - then yes.But RHS represent this right in their mod for ArmA3.It's silenced low ballistic gun.

2 hours ago, Gews said:

No, shotguns are not illegal. Read this, starting on page 16: https://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Military_Law/pdf/10-1997.pdf

" Lead-and-antimony buckshot does not “expand or flatten easily,” and therefore violates neither the 1899 Hague Declaration nor the criteria for legality previously articulated in opinions of The Judge Advocate General, United States Army."

Yeap,I was mistaken.There was some other types of limitation,but looks like I forgot it.And im lazy to lurk.

Edited by samogon