Z-trooper

Op First Light map updates (old Forest map)

Grim Hollow.

Kokiri Forest

I see the link in that one.

Are there any aerial photos of the map?

It would be cool if there was a big castle with underground bunkers surrounded by forest.

As for names, not sure yet, but there were lots of forests in Europe where troops fought...

Looking at the pictures it does remind me a lot of the Baltics, where I live, travelled. This could very much on the border between Lithuania and Kaliningrad, Poland and Kaliningrad, Belarus or Latvia, Estonia border with Russia. Seems the most plausible at the moment and all of the NATO countries mentioned above are about to receive a lot of US army hardware in addition to the US army units already stationed there.

Some pics of random border locations from google that could fit.

http://imgur.com/NNOMsqZ,QmgBB1B,YGIWUTV#0

1st pic Estonia and Russia, sofor the map name perhaps Linovi, Perevoz etc. 2nd is Lithuania and Kaliningrad so Dolgoye, Sadovo, Neman etc.

I just realized that with all of these NATO exercises between the US and other NATO countries lately, you could pretty much pick a forested area anywhere in Eastern Europe where allied NATO member countries are and slap down a background story. 

tumblr_np7cumLKMK1soir95o1_1280.jpg

"U.S. Soldiers from 2nd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, dismount a Bradley Fighting Vehicle and advance on a target as Hungarian solders in BTR-80 Armored Personnel Carriers and dismounted Hungarian soldiers lay suppressive fire, during a NATO demonstration at the closing ceremony of Iron Sword 2014 in Pabrade, Lithuania, Nov. 13, 2014. More than 2,500 troops from nine NATO countries, including Canada, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, the United States and the United Kingdom, participated in the two-week, multinational combined-arms exercise, aimed at enhancing interoperability and ensuring readiness to complete offensive and defensive operations. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Keith Anderson)"

You can pick US/Russia event anywhere in the world.. from Caribean to Polar regions, although that forest (trees) doesn't look boreal forest, more like chuck mentioned hardwoods.. Southern europe region maybe.

"Pecheneg massacre" or "My mom said: Don't forget to put on your Shapka-ushanka"

- "Kamchatka"

- "Siberian strike"

And where are famous russian "bereza"(birch) white trees? Birch white trees would have given the map distinct russian feeling. Also add "romashka" flowers(camomile) here and there - here you go, its russia!

Birch-Tree-Desktop-Wallpaper-06.jpg

1405581378_340466522.jpg

You can pick US/Russia event anywhere in the world.. from Caribean to Polar regions, although that forest (trees) doesn't look boreal forest, more like chuck mentioned hardwoods.. Southern europe region maybe.

erm, my post had more to do with *current* potential scenarios; and by current i mean very current, like happening literally right this moment. (US sending armor and other assets to bolster bases in NATO countries, as well as attending coalition exercises for interoperability)

Looking at the pictures it does remind me a lot of the Baltics, where I live, travelled. This could very much on the border between Lithuania and Kaliningrad, Poland and Kaliningrad, Belarus or Latvia, Estonia border with Russia. Seems the most plausible at the moment and all of the NATO countries mentioned above are about to receive a lot of US army hardware in addition to the US army units already stationed there.

Some pics of random border locations from google that could fit.

http://imgur.com/NNOMsqZ,QmgBB1B,YGIWUTV#0

1st pic Estonia and Russia, sofor the map name perhaps Linovi, Perevoz etc. 2nd is Lithuania and Kaliningrad so Dolgoye, Sadovo, Neman etc.

i like dis post the most