Z-trooper

Op First Light map updates (old Forest map)

Sometimes it'd be easier if this was kind of like Reddit, where the popular and new are up top. 

Since it sounds like this imaginary map will never live a long life, I will suggest "Forestski". The name has its roots in ancient Slavic myths, involving blood sacrifice, shape shifting manimals, far too many flagons of mead and of course, virgins.

Defense of Sumy or Sumy Defense, A city in NE Ukraine with a big wooded area to the East. Maybe Russia attempted to annex all of the Ukraine instead of just Crimea and the U.S. got involved by putting small outposts along the Russian Ukrainian border tasked with holding back the Russians long enough to either evacuate Sumy or push them back entirely.

I like this. It's the most plausible given recent events

Can't think of a name yet, but why do you want to get rid of the map eventually? I love forest fights, but sadly you're on about doing away with it already. I always liked playing the Vietnam maps in PR, but they to never get played anymore for some reason. Can someone tell me what is wrong with a good old forest fight? Why do we have to be in open desert all of the time? I like the cover forests bring use.

Can't think of a name yet, but why do you want to get rid of the map eventually? I love forest fights, but sadly you're on about doing away with it already. I always liked playing the Vietnam maps in PR, but they to never get played anymore for some reason. Can someone tell me what is wrong with a good old forest fight? Why do we have to be in open desert with no protection all the time?

You're jumping to conclusions and mis-reading what has been said. I'm pretty sure it's going to stay for a while as a test map, and in case you were not aware... Fool's Road from Project Reality is being re-created for Squad, and that is not an open desert...

Can't think of a name yet, but why do you want to get rid of the map eventually? 

This particular one, probably. It is rather small, and wasn't designed from the ground up to facilitate the game play we want.

We will have other forest maps in the future, like Fools Road, which will be much bigger than this map.

You're jumping to conclusions and mis-reading what has been said. I'm pretty sure it's going to stay for a while as a test map, and in case you were not aware... Fool's Road from Project Reality is being re-created for Squad, and that is not an open desert...

Yeah, maybe I am, but I do like maps where there is a lot of foliage. Nothing gets my heart racing more, then ambushing a squad of solders in a forest and seeing how many I can pepper in the butt.

This particular one, probably. It is rather small, and wasn't designed from the ground up to facilitate the game play we want.

We will have other forest maps in the future, like Fools Road, which will be much bigger than this map.

Great to hear this, I look forward to seeing and playing on them.

Lol I literally mentioned Fool's Road in my reply.

He must have conveniently ignored that bit.

Lol I literally mentioned Fool's Road in my reply.

He must have conveniently ignored that bit.

I saw you said that, but I was just meaning I can't get enough of those maps. Anyways, I have thought about a name. What about "Rumble in the Jungle" Not exactly, Mohammad Ali, but it's a fight and it's similar to jungle.

I just realized that with all of these NATO exercises between the US and other NATO countries lately, you could pretty much pick a forested area anywhere in Eastern Europe where allied NATO member countries are and slap down a background story. 

tumblr_np7cumLKMK1soir95o1_1280.jpg

"U.S. Soldiers from 2nd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, dismount a Bradley Fighting Vehicle and advance on a target as Hungarian solders in BTR-80 Armored Personnel Carriers and dismounted Hungarian soldiers lay suppressive fire, during a NATO demonstration at the closing ceremony of Iron Sword 2014 in Pabrade, Lithuania, Nov. 13, 2014. More than 2,500 troops from nine NATO countries, including Canada, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, the United States and the United Kingdom, participated in the two-week, multinational combined-arms exercise, aimed at enhancing interoperability and ensuring readiness to complete offensive and defensive operations. (Photo by Staff Sgt. Keith Anderson)"

I have a cottage within 70 km from Moscow and spend a lot of time hunting, fishing, mushroom gathering and just walking across forests near my village... Especially "Шутов лес" ("Shootoff les", Shoot in russian means jester, evil trickster or even spirit). This forest has got horrible reputation, cause it's easy to lose the path between grim trees, too easy... Jester's Forest/Wood?

"Operation not really a forest"

"Road to, a place with sparse trees"

"Battle for i thought unreal engine could support more trees"

"Assault on what's the framerate because there arent many trees"

"Seige on theres too much air between them trees"

"Frame rate one million"

"Operation too much horizon line"

"Yamalia 2"

Just call it Yamalia and be done with it!

Yamalia is a super basic map but yet fairly fun both for inf and vehicles.

All you need to do is expand the map abit more, make the map genreally fairly flat with a few low hills etc, add a few areas with less tress and some open fields (maybe add a swamp?), put some outposts here and there, some Papa One, Papa Two, Papa Three flags and boom ; It's essentially Yamalia.

You get to recreate another classic PR map which most PR vets most likely will approve of and you get a fairly good map for testing shit on. And Yamalia is a fairly good asset map so would probably be a fun map for RUS vs USA when you implement the APCs and MBTs etc.

And it would stand out from the other maps currently in the works that we know off ; Fools Road, Fallujah West and the 2 new Squad maps that i cannot remeber the names on.

And since Fools Road is a very forested map with hills and mountain ridges it might be worth it just for variation purpose to make a more flatish woodish map that offers both vast open fields and dense forest?

I really feel you might be missing a great opportunity here if you dont jump on this.

Edit; just watched the video and god damn it REALLY IS more or less yamalia but with more hills! So please just make it a squad remake of Yamalia!

You could have RU and US forces throw down in the forest just north of Ukrains'ke, Ukraine, where the borders of the 2 countries meet inside the forest.

Call it Znobivka Shootout, because the Znobivka River's right there. Since it's not going to be a very large map, lay it out similar to a Skirmish mode in PR?

it would be great if you added the countryside on the outskirts.

Имя? ну вот просто: "сука блять"

Может быть ничейной земле? Я сосать на имена...

:lol:  :lol::lol: