Z-trooper

Op First Light map updates (old Forest map)

Karelia, maybe?  :P

It's a little generic, and most of us probably are familiar with the name, from a couple of other games. 

Lucus probatio

Forest test in latin will no doubt be called lucus, which is fine in most languages.

The Russian Mission Map , located at Russian Mission , Alaska . They have come to take their mission back !

for the record idk why I kept saying USMC when you clearly stated it was US Army, lol my bad

Sogda Outskirts  *shrug* I picked a forested area in Russia (like that was hard...)

M81ERDL idea is very interesting, i like how theres a hypethetical story behind it and its not just a random name without any meaning behind it, I'm definitely thinking along these lines as well.

will there be a small village in the map?  

It will potentially use some of the assets that we make for Fool's Road, but this map doesn't have much room to work with as it is only 1km^2.

It is likely to feature a cottage or two

Operation Barbarossa? It's a dark reference but I feel like it holds some ground!

Defense of Sumy or Sumy Defense, A city in NE Ukraine with a big wooded area to the East. Maybe Russia attempted to annex all of the Ukraine instead of just Crimea and the U.S. got involved by putting small outposts along the Russian Ukrainian border tasked with holding back the Russians long enough to either evacuate Sumy or push them back entirely.

Lucus probatio

Forest test in latin will no doubt be called lucus, which is fine in most languages.

...should be silva probatio (skipping the conjugation) ... lucus was referred to a sacred wood usually surrounding some gods temple... that is fair enought :)

Easy,

"Leshy";

Its a term for "(From the) Forest"  a part of slavic folklore when it comes to storytelling.
It is both, a reference to a mythological Creature from the woods, same time a term for "heritage in the forest/woods" in general.

(Example given: on Wiki: Leshy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy )

(Russian: Ле́ший, Belarusian: Лешы, Polish: Leszy, Czech: Leši, Serbian: Лешиј, Croatian: Lešij, Leši)

I was thinking of something like

"Novaya Forest"

"Assault on Novaya"

9a8499d3b0.jpg

"Siege of Sedanka"

f883b8dc6e.jpg

37eac02186.jpg