Z-trooper

Op First Light map updates (old Forest map)

Red Forest formerly the Wormwood Forest  10 square kilometer area surrounding Chernobyl 

Add some "Red" Dying Trees and maybe the shell off the Nuclear Plant and surrounding structures   :)

American Sticking their noses in checking on alleged WMD at Chernobyl, meet Russians   :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Forest

Since this is a USA vs Russia, Pripyat may not be the best locale for this forest map, even though this idea of your is neat for a other map.

I think the Yugoslav Theater could provide a better fitting location / situation for this map.

Lets say Bosnia, or even better, Kosovo. OTAN forces lead by US troops vs. Russian Ground Forces who were allied of Yogoslavia Forces.

check WMD at Chernobyl?but the soviet had all the WMD you can think of back in the days, why even bother checking?is 2000 ICBMs not enough?

I'm sorry guys, we never picked any of your brilliant suggestions. I truly am.

The reason being that we have decided to put this map to rest.

It was a map for testing lots of trees/vegetation on, that we decided to put some game play layers on, but when Early Access hits this old thing will be replaced by Fools Road (if everything goes according to plan!).

I'm sorry guys, we never picked any of your brilliant suggestions. I truly am. :o

The reason being that we have decided to put this map to rest. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

It was a map for testing lots of trees/vegetation on, that we decided to put some game play layers on, but when Early Access hits this old thing will be replaced by Fools Road (if everything goes according to plan!).

Duck is sad  :(

Not working on this map any more is one thing, but removing it altogether is strange - at least so early on in the Alpha, when we only have a handful of maps to choose from. :(

I'm actually kind of sad about this. I think this map has a good deal of potential even as-is regardless of being fleshed out.

I think I'd rather see it stay in addition to Fools Road. Despite the similarities of environment, while Fools Road did win the selection process, not everybody is a fan of that particular map but may find this one (due to size and match speed turn around) to be more up their alley.

That, and the more we can have in release, the merrier.

It didn't win any votes ;) we picked it.

In the end you will have to change the mind of Irontaxi to make Forest stay / be updated.

Even with all the new cool woodland statics we are currently getting, Forest is very small, 1km, so there isn't much room for anything on there.

I'd vote to keep it as an infantry only map. If all the flags were as developed as the radio tower, then it would make for a great skirmish map. We're going to have a lot of new players during the Steam Early Access release and they will need a map they can learn infantry basics in a concentrated game and not be frustrated about having to walk because they were stranded by the nearest vehicle.

Honestly with servers performing best at 25v25 right now, a 1 km map makes some sense.

2 cents.

Good points.

We are currently discussing if it is worth investing a bit more time in, especially with the new statics we are producing at the moment.

Funny though. We have this discussion at least once a month, whether to keep or scrap it, and when and why :P

Regardless of what choice we make, it will remain a temporary map. I don't see it surviving until full release.

Good points.

We are currently discussing if it is worth investing a bit more time in, especially with the new statics we are producing at the moment.

Funny though. We have this discussion at least once a month, whether to keep or scrap it, and when and why :P

Regardless of what choice we make, it will remain a temporary map. I don't see it surviving until full release.

Noo it is the best forest map there is on SQD and it is already a classic. :D Just throw in some tunnels and dry brooks somewhere and it is perfect small infantry map ;)

It's my fav too. Perfect server seeding missions, but it's a blast with a full server as well.