Z-trooper

Op First Light map updates (old Forest map)

Hi ya'll,

Unless you are living under a rock, you will know that:

1. We have a map called "Forest"

2. Game play on that map is... not ideal

3. We had a Kickstarter campaign, and we are now introducing the Russians in to the mix!

In fact the forest map was never meant to be played, it was only meant to be a test map we were testing foliage performance on, that we decided to throw in to the mix for the giggles of it.

We have already added the Russians as a playable faction (with lots of placeholder content soon to be replaced!), but they need somewhere to throw their weight around until they have something that is suitable for them.

I'll talk about some of the many changes in a little bit, but here is where you come in - help us find a name for it!

"Test Forest" doesn't really roll of the tongue that well, so we are sure that among the lot of you, there is a suitable name for this maps brief time in the sun.

The map will feature Russian army vs US army, in a woodland environment, with primarily infantry vs infantry, perhaps a few light assets thrown in to the mix depending on when we retire it.

From the footage you may have seen, there has been a long list of changes, with some of the significant ones being:

- Changed atmosphere and time of day

- Removed a lot of trees to give space to construction, observation and room for decision making

- Expanded playable area by about 40%

- New flag layout (more on that in a later update)

- Added a large meadow style of area, perfect for FOB construction and long range engagements.

- Main "bases" for both teams

- Whole bunch of other changes.

Here is a bunch of random shots of the map to get your creative juices flowing. Keep in mind that virtually anything you see is very much subject to change, we have only started messing with this over the last couple of days.

Part of US main - a partly constructed forward outpost

D4nX6Gj.jpg

Q8CHRZA.jpg

Random shots:

tk44xL8.jpg

lGkEKTU.jpg

xXEeVVf.jpg

RDPhJwB.jpg

BciM3D2.jpg

57Miu13.jpg

RUS main - a more established forward outpost:

jxEgTTl.jpg

u3SY9xs.jpg

Lastly here is a little video, that is already a bit out of date (increased tree render distance significantly, as well as a lot of lighting changes).

This isn't a competition, we'll just pick one of your suggestions that it is fitting for this ship passing in the night.

Have at it!

A name? well thats easy: "Cyka Blyat"

Maybe No man's land? I suck at names...

Based on the trees... I think "Northern Frontier" would work quite nicely.

Sakha Forest
Assault on Kolyma
Forest Trooper/Trooper's Forest ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hopefully no one says, "Morning Wood"......

Operation ForestGump

Operation Coldwood (US AND RUSSIA COLD WAR) 

I really don't know where Russia would choose to attack first or anything if god forbid they ever did militarily move on the US.

But since there are plenty of forests in Alaska -- and it's pretty dang close to Russia, that's where I placed my idea.

"Defense At Kotlik"

Background: The initial stages of a Russian invasion has begun, and they're dropping troops all over the west coast of the US, Alaska being one of them. To get more troops into the mainland US, they plan to move them via whatever waterways they can access. Pastol Bay is where the Kotlik River empties out into the Pacific Ocean. The Kotlik River is connected to the Yukon River, a waterway that runs throughout the entire state. To control this waterway the Russians have deployed assets to multiple objectives near the coasts. One of those objectives is the town of Kotlik -- however small, it does contain an airstrip that can be potentially commandeered for future use. The US Army's job is to defend these areas from Russian forces advancing.

This takes us to the actual map:

ZjqLXhK.png

5NPS1ZW.png

9NVFArs.png

Since it's a heavily forested map, you could place the actual battle north of Kotlik, where US Army has intercepted advancing Russian troops before they reached the town itself. You could even incorporate some sort of waterway which could be a way to demo amphibious capabilities of heavier vehicles, if that's ever brought in (either for just testing purposes or playtesting)

BCTNYPD.png

Alternatively, just to beat everybody else to it

Operation Wolverine.

Background: The initial stages of a Russian invasion has begun, and they're dropping troops all over the west coast of the US, Alaska being one of them. To get more troops into the mainland US, they plan to move them via whatever waterways they can access. Pastol Bay is where the Kotlik River empties out into the Pacific Ocean. The Kotlik River is connected to the Yukon River, a waterway that runs throughout the entire state. To control this waterway the Russians have deployed assets to multiple objectives near the coasts. One of those objectives is the town of Kotlik -- however small, it does contain an airstrip that can be potentially commandeered for future use. The USMC's job is to defend these areas from Russian forces advancing.

I agree that Alaska would be a cool (ha I'm so funny) place to have a scenario. I'd hope to see some maps take place inside the USA for a change in Squad.

I agree that Alaska would be a cool (ha I'm so funny) place to have a scenario. I'd hope to see some maps take place inside the USA for a change in Squad.

Everyone knows you don't invade Russia...