Sign in to follow this  
NB84

Incorrect SKS Functions

I own an SKS.
The bolt does not lock to the rear unless the magazine is totally empty.
Pulling it back would eject, and then chamber another round.
-FACT-

Even the most minimal amount of research would conclude this. You took a unique firearm that could have drastically added to the style of play, and you cut/pasted it and slapped it together with no thought. You omitted one of the most prominent classic features of the weapon. Next time, at least watch a YouTube video or two about the weapons you attempt to make. You are trying to make a realistic military game right? Seriously, google it... once.

Good thing this is an alpha, and certain things are WIP(Work in progress) right? No need for your mild aggressiveness at the end of your comment. OWI's dev team know what they're doing, and I'm sure their multi tour combat veteran military advisers know their stuff. Be patient, no need to throw snide remarks in when you could of used the most awesome feature of this forum, the search function in the top right corner, to see the multiple discussions on this already.

Edited by Dubs

Oh,you don't need to be such naive guy.DEVs not always right and do mistakes as everyone.So,there is a guy,who have experience with it,so better to listen him.

As for WIP or not... well,It's not an excuse to make things wrong at start.Editing 3d models after creating UV maps and textures are almost impossible,cuz geometry edition usually destroy UVs.So,it's won't change.

We had a thread on this and I pulled out my SKS to show you can do it, it's just a little awkward. I didn't hold the bolt at the exact spot to do it in the video though.

In one of the threads linked above one of the devs explicitly said that they'll implement a mire realistic reload in the future.

14 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

In one of the threads linked above one of the devs explicitly said that they'll implement a mire realistic reload in the future.

Yep, he sure did. Reason I linked that specific discussion.

1 hour ago, samogon said:

Oh,you don't need to be such naive guy.DEVs not always right and do mistakes as everyone.So,there is a guy,who have experience with it,so better to listen him.

As for WIP or not... well,It's not an excuse to make things wrong at start.Editing 3d models after creating UV maps and textures are almost impossible,cuz geometry edition usually destroy UVs.So,it's won't change.

I'm naive am I?

On 8/9/2016 at 7:17 AM, Chuc said:

That's correct, our current weapon code limits us to how we treat weapon reloads but in the future we'll implement something that's truer to the way the weapon actually works.

If you have seen my post on these forums, I never post with out some form of proof. In this case WIP, as this dev quote basically implies due to current limitations.

Devs are not always correct, neither are you :)

Game is completely fucking ruined because of this contacting steam asap for refund

thanks for letting us know about this, i'll be praying for god to help these poor devs to be a bit smarter in the future

1 like = 1 prayer

Lets not make the same threads over and over again. Please join the existing discussions / threads! Thanks @Dubs