naezro

Vehicle Recovery Winch

Hello Squaddies and Squadettes

Are you tired of those pesky vehicles fires when you "accidentally" flip your brand new truck over? Do you wish there was some magic way to flip your vehicle over to the other side? 

Introducing the Vehicle Recovery Winch!

What do you guys think? I think it would be interesting, instead of costing you a ticket, you can use a little teamwork to recover the vehicle and makes it a little more realistic for the game.

Edited by naezro

Here one for your drop a fob build sandbags underneath. Drive away. (Remove fob first) Or really want fun build sandbag on the front bummer of logistics truck and flip it. )

But love the towing link would be great 

I thinks it's great, I dont think it would be too hard to implement, they just need to make sure they have the proper physics in place.

The winch could also be used to help Logis and other vehicles get overy large rocks and steeper hills. 

It could also be used to help tow vehicles when their tires are shot out or when a tank becomes detracted. They could have it towed back to a repair station.  I don't think you need a special recovery vehicle, but you could give a certain vehicles a good amount of Torque(like trucks).

Edited by naezro

Love the wrecker idea, don't know how much this would affect server load though? 

This happens all the time, military vehicles break down constantly. 

I like the idea of a winch on ALL the vehicles which have the ability to recover a vehicle if it's flipped.( not wrecked)

I don't like the idea of a recovery vehicle for wrecks. A BTR is the only thing worth saving and maybe a humvee based on it's ticket count.. they go down on the front lines 90% of the time. People will just wait for the recovery vehicle to come and blast it also, it will just be a ticket loss.

E.G The vehicle still needs a respawn timer if destroyed, I highly doubt anyone would safely make it to the vehicle before that Timer expires and even if they were close, your BTR just got blasted, you can almost guarantee your recovery vehicle will get blasted also.

But a winch on the trucks etc would be cool with a simple ability to unflip a vehicle that is overturned. 

That's my take on it :)

And drag destroyed vehicles off the road >.>

Or being able to destroy the wreckage with another shot of HEAT or Breacher c4 or something

Yeah the wrecked vehicle recovery thing was just an idea for now.  As the game develops we'll have higher ticketed item, that could merit a recovery.   

Like if the US side gets M1 Abrams and it gets detracked.  This is assuming that they improve the vehicle damage model.

I think this is cool. Maybe even allow a stuck vehicle to attach the winch onto a tree or something to pull itself out? 

On 8/21/2016 at 1:24 PM, Krypton56 said:

This was my idea along the same lines

Yeah, I thought you meant having specific vehicles to recover wrecks.

I'm just think of a tool to get vehicles flipped or unstuck.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:37 AM, naezro said:

Yeah, I thought you meant having specific vehicles to recover wrecks.

I'm just think of a tool to get vehicles flipped or unstuck.

Nah its can include adapting current vehicles. Anyone ever played spin tyres?