Hello again. Just read the news about the Russian faction. And guess what - u ruined all my evil plans! :D

Anyway, not so long ago i was doing a BTR-80 model, that might can interest you. 

Here a screenshot: 

igor-gorkovenko-btr-80-2014-front-final.

And more on my artstation page (also there are links to huge screens on the right)

If you let me to do a lowpoly & textures i can share it with you.

If you interested - you can send me PM or E-Mail me and we discuss the details (when, how & etc).

Generally I had an idea to organise a small group of russian artists (i know some higly skilled guys from game industry some of them like to model a vehicles some of them like to make weapons, there are also a character artists and i think they will be happy to join the project) and then i was planning to offer our help to you as an outsource team which can do something for your project in their free time. 

But because of the difficulties on my work (which may even result in my dismissal) i had to switch to another quick personal project.

Before that difficulties I was working on a model of the AK-74M. Here some wip screens

I want to make it as close as possible to the real prototype, i even using real world measures if i can find them. And yeah there is a barrel rifling as well.

Basically the idea was to share this model for free to the community so every one (even a commercial studios) can use it in their production or use it as a reference. I was doing this beacuse i tired to look at those crappy AK's that every one doing :D

I was planning to finish AK (with lowpoly & texturing) and made a low poly of the BTR before you officially annouce Russian faction in you game, but you beat me and thats why I have to get out of the shadows...

Don't really have much that is helpful to contribute. And I know little about russian armors. But my god, that looks amazing! Nice shadowing too

I love the touches like the personal baggage. Makes it seem like a real machine of war and not a museum piece.

I really enjoy it when a vehicle model is given some life; i.e. gear along the outside, mud on the tires and hull.

Thanks for everyone.

I think in games it called "humanisation".

If you look at some games like Battlefield 3 you will notice that their artists doing it everywhere: on weapons, vehicles and even on a characters.

This is so great, please Devs, buy it!!

Buy?! No need to buy it ) I'll give it for free ) If they just let me do a low poly )

What is your personal project supposed to be?

Well by "personal project" i mean only this little droid that i showed )

Here is the story: My art-director in studio where i work, says that i need a better portfolio so he can put me on a AAA projects and he is really worries about my texturing skills he is not sure in me so i need to do something that will prove my skills also he worries about my Zbrush sculpting skills as well. So the next thing that i need to do is something organic, beacuse of that my life is really painful right now, because there so much to do and so little time...

For the devs out there, this guy really put his ace of spades on the table! 

I like how OP puts the excess materials on there, really adds to the weight of the BTR-80.

WE NEED MORE RANDOM SHIT IN SQUAD!! rawr.