Sign in to follow this  
ZiGreen

PPSh

PPSh operates as closed bolt weapon in Squad. You have a chambered round indicator and 35+1 rounds after changing partially loaded mag.

33 minutes ago, mastah4 said:

basically unplayable

Deleted Squad, Steam and threw my PC from the window.

Just now, Br@nnen said:

The real issue is a PPSH without a drum mag.... Bastards

Imagine how long reload of drum mag will take. Devs will have to include full assembly and disassembly in animation to compensate drum mag capacity.

6 hours ago, Br@nnen said:

The real issue is a PPSH without a drum mag.... Bastards

Drum mag is an early construction.They had some problems:

1)Arming magazines takes much time and reques some skill to do it correct.Otherwise - it's jams.

2)They're unreliable.

So in 42 - been developed standart mags.

7 hours ago, mastah4 said:

basically unplayable

Until game shall have plasma weapon - it will be unplayable.

The SKS can load an extra round, hence a neat 11-round capacity.

10 hours ago, mastah4 said:

basically unplayable

It's honestly doesn't hurt to see a correction no?

24 minutes ago, Blackout330 said:

The SKS can load an extra round, hence a neat 11-round capacity.

It's honestly doesn't hurt to see a correction no?

You call it a correction, Most of the people who actually enjoy the game call it like it is - whining.

14 minutes ago, mastah4 said:

[...] people who actually enjoy the game call it like it is - whining.

Please be more friendly towards other forum members. Thank you for your understanding.

10 hours ago, ZiGreen said:

Imagine how long reload of drum mag will take. Devs will have to include full assembly and disassembly in animation to compensate drum mag capacity.

Better than giving the opposition access to MkB 42(H)s with scope because of "balance concerns" like RO2 did, am I right?

Oh wait, the US already have option of taking a 30-round magazine assault rifle with scopes.

27 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

Better than giving the opposition access to MkB 42(H)s with scope because of "balance concerns" like RO2 did, am I right?

In this case - RO2 is perfect.There is no mirror balance.Every weapon works as they should.

Actually RO2 is perfect in everything except one thing - skirmish priority.But for Stalingrad battle,it's not too bad,cuz it was like that.

58 minutes ago, samogon said:

In this case - RO2 is perfect.There is no mirror balance.Every weapon works as they should.

Actually RO2 is perfect in everything except one thing - skirmish priority.But for Stalingrad battle,it's not too bad,cuz it was like that.

My gripe with the Mkb is that it was a beyond rare weapon, the team initially didn't want any of the Mkb 42s show up, but then they had some trouble balancing the PPSh with drum mag against..., well.... MP40s and captured PPShs. Thank god they found "a source" stating that the Germans had some Mkbs delivered to Stalingrad so that they could go full every Call of Duty Multiplayer ever since game 4 with it - instead of, you know, making the maps feature some more open ground and have people rely on the machine gunners more. Or that players utilize their brain. But that probably would've meant lower sales, which is the reason why  filthy casual  action mode exists.

Edited by Frontliner

1 hour ago, Frontliner said:

My gripe with the Mkb is that it was a beyond rare weapon, the team initially didn't want any of the Mkb 42s show up, but then they had some trouble balancing the PPSh with drum mag against..., well.... MP40s and captured PPShs. Thank god they found "a source" stating that the Germans had some Mkbs delivered to Stalingrad so that they could go full every Call of Duty Multiplayer ever since game 4 with it - instead of, you know, making the maps feature some more open ground and have people rely on the machine gunners more. Or that players utilize their brain. But that probably would've meant lower sales, which is the reason why  filthy casual  action mode exists.

MP40 is also not bad weapon.It's easy to control.Easy to fire above 25 meters.

While PPSh is room combat beast.

As for MkB42(H) - as for me,it feels like MP40,but better.Use them with optic are not the best decision.

But talking about MGs - nobody like DP.It's awful,so every machinegunner takes MG34(Trophy) if it's possible.Just because it's better.But talking about MG mechanic - it's correct.And covering open spaces in short field of view - it's primary MGunner purpose,what wrong with it?

p.s as for me - the most interesting gameplay is playing for rifleman(Bolt-Action Rifle),but you must rely on your team.

Edited by samogon

3 minutes ago, samogon said:

But talking about MGs - nobody like DP.It's awful,so every machinegunner takes MG34(Trophy) if it's possible.Just because it's better.But talking about MG mechanic - it's correct.And covering open spaces in short field of view - it's primary MGunner purpose,what wrong with it?

The gameplay doesn't revolve around them whatsoever, that's the issue. Everybody is just playing the game like your typical ADHD shooter.

I'm not talking about the mechanics, they're good enough, I'm talking about gameplay itself.

18 minutes ago, Frontliner said:

The gameplay doesn't revolve around them whatsoever, that's the issue. Everybody is just playing the game like your typical ADHD shooter.

I'm not talking about the mechanics, they're good enough, I'm talking about gameplay itself.

Well,that's true.

Proper map sizes,proper spawn mechanic - and it will be perfect.BTW - that's the game mechanic,whats squads must aim for IMO.

Edited by samogon