Krypton56

Repair vehicles/recovery vehicles

Good or bad idea haha?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. This type of vehicle ?

• Good idea
    • Bad idea

35 minutes ago, Krypton56 said:

Can this be moved to feedback and suggestions?

The OP is a suggestion resulting from feedback.

On 8/15/2016 at 10:00 AM, Tartantyco said:

What you could do to avoid unnecessay development time on this is to have logistics trucks perform mobile repair functions. It would require supplies on the truck that would be spent repairing the vehicle. The resource cost would have to be higher than repairing at repair stations, say3-5x, and would not allow complete repairs. No specialized crews or vehicles to add, just the mobile repair function.

good idea. easy implementation. Give the logi guy another reason to be crewed up for support securing repairable vehicles. 

23 minutes ago, IrOnTaXi said:

good idea. easy implementation. Give the logi guy another reason to be crewed up for support securing repairable vehicles. 

+1 to tartantyco's idea.
please give the secondary positions gunner capabilities.  even if it's a pistol out the window. Please don't make us prone out the back. 

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:02 PM, IrOnTaXi said:

Yes its a good idea and I'm just making the OP as a suggestion for the future as I know that the devs are too busy to put this in anyway.

I'd love to be able to unflip a vehicle with a bunch of players. Let's say, if 4 players stand next to a flipped vehicle, they can press a key and it flips the vehicle back to its wheels. Maybe this should only be possible with smaller vehicles (no amound of people can flip over a tank, right?).

I like the logi idea. More gameplay for an asset we already have in game = good IMO. Plus, isn't there already precedent for mobile repair? I could've sworn there were vehicles that could drop off a temporary mobile repair station in BF2:PR.

On 2017. 12. 2. at 6:34 AM, Usgu said:

I'd love to be able to unflip a vehicle with a bunch of players. Let's say, if 4 players stand next to a flipped vehicle, they can press a key and it flips the vehicle back to its wheels. Maybe this should only be possible with smaller vehicles (no amound of people can flip over a tank, right?).

I actually like the idea of it.. Having certain # of players in the radius of flipped vic so that it somewhat serves the consequences of flipping vic. 

Although it is hella funny to watch players get on the vic and just start to hump the vic and sometimes they get launched 20m, having your idea is really good!

+1

On 12/1/2017 at 1:34 PM, Usgu said:

Typically two people can flip any upside down vehicle back on its wheels simply by one person pressing the accelerator and another player laying prone on the tire and then jumping/crouching etc... Vehicles stuck on the velcro stumps, rocks, logs, walls, ditches & foliage though have no hope of ever being released. It would be nice to just have say that unassigned Alt Key be the "unstuck" function. The only love the vehicles got for a long time was the shift/traction feature so hopefully something will happen after all the v10 animation work is finished.

If vehicle physics continue to be an issue and you have problems with enough potential to flip tanks or other very high value assets I would love to see a recovery vehicle at main. I know rope physics can be a pain but the idea of being able to get a flipped logi back in the game makes me happy. 

Do not like the idea of a repair vehicle as of right now. Just seems to easy to abuse. Maybe for the very large maps but still rather have that delegated to fobs. 

Engineering Vehicle

small repair/recovery

dozer blade mine clearer

small crane to help build deployables

lays mines 

Smoke generator ? :D