Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Do the Math ASS risk assement.

A lot has been spoke about the co ordination and planning that squad leaders less has been said about the basic math that a SL should be aware of. I am talking about the cost of attack , and defence.  Its generally easy to get a neutral flag  but holding it is a different kettle of fish. 

Example 1 you capture the neutral flag no ticket gain no loss. But then in the coming attack defence you lose Btr, FOB and squad wipe your looking at an impressive 59 throw in the loss of the flag, say 20 your topping 79! in a crashed moment of thinking of glory the SL throws down an FOB with no hope of either spawning on it for the next 5mins or being able to defend it your now at 99! wow. So in the first 15 mins of a match nearly 1/5 of the total starting points have gone. 

Example 2 Desa captured neutral flag SL place FOB and repair. Even though flag not in play. SL drive logistic truck up river road to be destroyed by technical. So 8 for the truck and 3 for the men thrown to the wind.  Then tries to defend a non capturable location that really shouldn't be there so after losing squad twice the SL has spent 29 tickets trying to defend something he doesn't need to be at. Add to the possible loss of 20 more when the FOB going  down because you can see the repair station from the middle of no where, its a hefty 50 for nothing. (Ok I did end up leaving his squad at this point and dig up the FOB,  to move them forward only so much you can take.)

The reason these annoy me is that wasting tickets. Defending a flag all good and well,  last ticket on the bleed flag, throw the kitchen sink.  1 logistic truck is 1 squad wipe, 3 wipes for a BTR. Holding the flag for the rest of the team to give time for capture sure. Throwing down a FOB for the team to launch an attack at last flag, and your going to be defending it. All good but Can your team afford it, please remember the math

Lose FOB 20!!

Btr 30

Hmmv 16

logistic truck 8

tec log 4

armed tech 8 

Squad wipe 9  

Rally 2 (not sure is still applies)

Capturing Control Points rewards certain ticket bonus based on the amount of flags in play, likewise, loosing flags will penalize your team based on the amount of flags in play. A Neutral Control Point will neither add or subtract the total ticket amount from either team. For flags controlled by the enemy team, you will need at least 3 teammates, with a stack bonus rewarded for more teammates on the flags. A neutral flag only needs one teammate to capture.

Control Points Ticket Gain Ticket Loss
3 13 26
4 10 20
5 8 16
6 7 14

extract from wiki

It's very easy to get carried away but think can the team take the cost of throwing to much at the enemy for nothing. As a Squad leader your a linch pin in your team, figure out the cost. Not saying don't have fun, but look at the risk to cost to reward. 

Edited by Smee

It's very easy to get carried away but think can the team take the cost of throwing to much at the enemy for nothing. As a Squad leader your a linch pin in your team, figure out the cost. Not saying don't have fun, but look at the risk to cost to reward. 

Good data and message here! Knowing the numbers is a really important aspect of Squad games. I've been part of squads that won games with ten tickets remaining by tearing down a hastily placed enemy FOB.

I'm sure the meta of the games will settle like it did with PR. I'd just like to advocate teaching over victory when you see squads or SLs making bad mistakes, kindly let them know that losing that BTR or dropping a FOB here could mean the end of the game, and don't let frustration with new players ruin the round. Adapt and hit back at the enemy and be that key contributor like Smee suggests.