absolfd

Is the game worth buying in its current state?

The game is in Alpha, but in saying that its very playable. I can play the game for hours and never once realise this game isn't finished.

I would buy into it now if I were you and enjoy it as much as possible.

23 hours ago, JAndreoli said:

I probably would wait until they fix the constant crashing issues with vehicles.  But for sure this is a game to have.  It just is unplayable right now with constant crashes.  Mass server exodus and stuff.  You get everything setup then 2 mins later 3/4 of the server is booted or fatal errored and everything you did is undone  kinda sucks

You get a 2 hr Steam refund...   My experience since v7 is I get kicked about every 3rd game, meaning I play 2 full games, have the 3rd interrupted.  I have what I'd call an upper-mid rig built about a year ago, spent about $1000 on the case and the parts in it.  If you have something comparable, quit waiting and just buy the game.  If not and you expect a smooth experience, I'd wait for v8.

1 hour ago, CageMatchKimsey said:

You get a 2 hr Steam refund...   My experience since v7 is I get kicked about every 3rd game, meaning I play 2 full games, have the 3rd interrupted.  I have what I'd call an upper-mid rig built about a year ago, spent about $1000 on the case and the parts in it.  If you have something comparable, quit waiting and just buy the game.  If not and you expect a smooth experience, I'd wait for v8.

2 Hours steam refunds really mean nothing.  Someone could have played 2 hours in v6, found it acceptable and now is screwed in v7.  Even if he waits till v8, there is no guarenteeing that v9 doesn't wet the bed.

If the OP has any doubts at all, he should hold off.  Buying this game right now could mean setting your money on fire.

A recommendation for Early Access should not only include what the game's current state is, but what its future state might look like.

28 minutes ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Really what I want to know is...What is OP's @absolfd views on this, has he made his/hers mind up? 

We have 3pages of jibba jabba & no response. O.o

Yeah, because OP is busy playing Squad... duhhh!

Yes... its glorious in spite of the occasional crash. In fact sometimes I am thankful for the crashes because I am pretty sure the sound design in this game is giving me tinnitus. 

Q?) Is the game worth buying in its current state?

Answer: NO! The game game engine is pure junk. Its going to take ow so many years before the game engine has optimised its code. Guess thats why we dont see a new release of Unreal Tournament game either...

But then agian, ill be censored and removed from posting by the devs just like last time...

36 minutes ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

Answer: NO! The game game engine is pure junk. Its going to take ow so many years before the game engine has optimised its code. Guess thats why we dont see a new release of Unreal Tournament game either...

But then agian, ill be censored and removed from posting by the devs just like last time...

LOL, you really are acting like a butthurt little child. 

1 hour ago, RollingInTheHurt said:

I don't think I have EVER seen you posting a decent comment. It comes as no suprise to me that you got banned....

EDIT: I apologise for not contributing to the topic. At this moment, it's hard to say. In my opinion Squad is still the best game out there today, but the current crashes are making it hard to enjoy your evening with it. I would suggest you hold of for a while, or the game might leave a bad first impression, which would be unfortunate.

Edited by MVPiet13

If u are worth the Squad, Squad is worth for you. 

Despite the little Problems in engine and fps problems, Squad is exactly what it is supposed to do. Filling the Gap between actionbased battlefield and simulation like ArmA. 

Squad rewards the Player for beeing open minded for new strategies and tactics. The primary prioritie for the player is more to stay alive for himself then to kill the enemies. Patience, calmness, communication and teamwork. Nothing better then ever be the last medic to revive ur whole Squad or to get revived after laying on the cold

floor already lost the hope.Of course there is roles which are made for doing kills. But if the grenadier in the end of the match has 30 kills but didnt sticked to the Squad i will still tell he did partly wrong. 

For my part, beeing a player of Alpha state means to be able to develop strategies, help the metagame to establish. New content means new things to try, new things to do. Cant wait for all the stuff which is to come. 

IEDs, Mortars, tracked Vehicles, more Maps, more Kits, more diversity. More ways to play the game. 

With the introduction of Vehicles the metagame changed drastically. Now finally the whole map is used. Its possible to establish Bases to lock down and support whole Areas. U are getting flamed way less buy people if u are building up FOBs and defend them. The game got slower, u even can stay 20 minutes just building a Base, contribute as Guards of your Forward Spawn to your team and win the round. 

If u first start Squad u maybe are overwhelmed in the first rounds. But the more time u spent, the more "Holy ****" moments u survive - or not - the more u will enjoy this IMO masterpiece of gameplay design and mechanics. PR as "precedor" was a masterpiece of gamedesign for itself, but restricted in engine. Choosig UE4 for Squad was a rocky road to go, but the possibilities the engine has are huge. Will take time to get polished and perfect, but for me personally i dont care. I can sweeten the waitin playin Squad. Just to be rewarded for my Wait with more Squad to enjoy. 

Buying now means u will be able to get into the game. Out of my experience with new players it will take around 20-50 hours of gameplay until u know the meta. After that time of getting to know the mechanics, the maps, the looks of enemies the game really starts to open up.

Of course new players will require some guidance. Of course the new guy will run

over the street just to get perforated by the lmgs. So u gotta teach him not to do. It again is patience u need to have. But with time and guidance of experienced players they will learn.

Of course people will flame you for beeing a noob, of course people always will know better. Sometimes they will be right, and if u are dying or not achieving your goal then maybe its time to rethink. But if people flame you, while ur Squad is fighting, winning and you feel you are contributig then just keep on going.

I played countless rounds with my budget rig getting 25 fps but still it gave me more thrills then any other Shooter. 4 more days and my new Rig will be ready to go. (I7 67k + 1070 stryx) 

Cant wait for this shit to go down :) 

So yes, Squad is worth the little 40 bucks it costs. Its definetly worth it. 

If u are looking for that kind of game, but sure, if u want to have an apple spending 1 dollar for an orange wont be worth it. 

edit: sorry for the english and the wild layout of paragraphs. While writing this there come more and moee things to my mind ^^

Edited by runningDuck

7 hours ago, -Steve- said:

LOL, you really are acting like a butthurt little child. 

I don't think so.  I think he makes a valid complaint.  However, this is not the right place to vent those issues.  And I'm sure Epic Games is working on optimizing it.  

I dont disagree with you Iron.  There may actually be a point somewhere in his post but the problem is more that he surrounds his "point" with angry negative comments and then follows up a pity party.  Why not just make his point, state his rational and then end it there?  Why the need for so much negativity in his posts?  I like honest emotion in a post whether it be pro or against.  There is a big difference between that and a butt hurt attitude as we have seen with the boohoo dramatics above.

Short answer: No

Reason: It runs like s*** stuck to a blanket.

Wait, and see if the game ever reaches a sensible state. There's great gameplay lurking somewhere here, with lots of potential. Currently it is an exercise in frustration only.

I think this game is worth more than they're currently asking for it, even in it's current state. The emotions that happen from the firefights and communication over proximity voice chat are something I haven't experienced in a long time. I can't run the game at max settings but that doesn't bother me. I bet it is beautiful when it is maxed out though! The game play is what got me here and has kept me here. Plus the community, for the most part, are very helpful. Nothing like getting in a good squad with everyone on mic and working together! 

i too  think the game looks like shit atm but that does not bother me a bit currently.

gameplay is awesome even at 30-40 fps...it is not all glory and shit though 

you sure will be frustrated as well as  overhelmed with o shit moments 

i think it is the best shooter out there at the moment and BF series dont even come close

it is not as clunky as arma is, heck I had more fun in squad alpha than i had in arma 3 

(yes I used to play king of the hill and EUTW servers which are great but honestly not as fun)

I think BIS studio is full of retards ever since they took on DelayZ but thats another issue

if you are a hard core player and enjoy being commanded and not running around like

clueless chicken, not afraid to speak on mic, want to be part of a squad a team than go ahead

and buy it....

if you expect polished gameplay, nice graphics just like from a released title (cough cough one mans lie)

than do not buy it yet

PS: 7.4 hot fix fixed the crashing for me now...hours of gameplay without crash

Edited by JozoNalozil